• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks like certain elements weren't happy with the referendum result to say the least. This just proves that Dassault is the worthy victor is this is the calibre of his opposition.

Excellent news, and I'm glad that Dassault came out alive of this alternative "Petit-Clamart". :D
It will give Citroën some new arguments for their ads. :cool:

National Police Directorate for Algiers
Algiers, French National Republic
27 April 2005, 0007 hrs

Louis Nicolas Bonaparte arrived at his former working place in the early morning hours. He worked as director of National Police in Algiers several years ago, then he was chosen for police prefect of Algiers. But he lost everything with this foolish over-ambitious project of imperial restoration. Other man was chosen for police perfect in Algiers when Louis Nicolas was appointed for minister of the interior. He had nice chances for good career in Dassault's goverment, but he ruined everything with his hunger for more power. Now he was going to search for a job for which he was educated: Work of police inspector. He was also chief inspector once, but he couldn't return to this position immediately as he didn't have his team to lead anymore. He visited police director in Algiers and he gave him the office of some inspector that was killed in shooting some days ago. Lois Nicolas dropped the big box with his stuff on his new table and turned on the computer.

Louis Nicolas surfed the web for news. Everything was quite the same, everyone reported about republican victory at plebiscite. Those news made him even more bitter. Bonapartist League fell apart right after the plebiscite, all supporters left him. This really wasn't a good idea. This was the thought that came most often into his mind. He was sorry that he left republicans and followed such unstable ideas. Then the news about failed attempt of assassination of President Dassault appeared. Counless thoughts started to occupy the analytic mind of Louis Nicolas Bonaparte. It was no doubt that royalists are behind that. Ligue Bonapartiste was dead, Orleanists were the only serious opposition left. They must have attempted to remove the president, as he was the key figure in republican goverment. Without strong president, who also didn't have any good successor, republic would fell apart and kingdom could be established. He quickly grabbed the phone and made a call.

Presidental Palace
27 April 2005, 0009 hrs

Citroen-c6.jpg

Louis Nicolas Bonaparte jumped out of his Citroen and ran towards the presidental palace. Policemen and Gendarmes allowed him to pass and soon he was waiting in the room that was used to accept the guests. President Dassault appeared after long hour of waiting and it was clear that he wasn't really happy of this visit.

- What do you want now, Napoleon? - President had his left hand in wrapped in bandages and he wore the black admiral uniform. In the 24th April, just one day before the plebiscite, President Dassault was on visit in naval base in Oran. He received the honorable title of the Grand Admiral of French Navy, despite he didn't know anything about the naval warfare. But his friends in navy managed to gave him such ''promotion'', so he could easier counter the influence of Duke of France, who was one of most important naval commanders. But small accident also happened during President's visit to naval base, as some device on the bridge of FS Jacques Massu accidentally exploded, and burned the great part of President's moustaches. President had to shave away remaint of his proud moustaches, so he also made his plebiscite speech with a new look. He decided it's good now, as moustaches were making him look older anyway, so he won't wear them anymore.

- President, first I need to humbly ask you for your forgiveness. I had made a great mistake, please, let me repair it.

- What makes you think that I can forgive your betrayal? Without you, Duke of France would never managed to make such a political crisis.

- That was the worst mistake of my life, I was blinded with my unrealistic ambitions. Please, give me another chance, let me to prove my loyalty again.

- Well, I should make you minister of the interior right away, shouldn't I?

- That would be the kindness I couldn't accept, all I want is only your forgiveness.

- But you know that you can't demand anything from me, do you? You don't have any support, you're only a common police inspector now.

- I know that.

- And you know that someone wanted to get rid of me. I can't trust to anyone now. It could be you that organized that ambush, you know that?

- I would never do a such thing! But I know who would!

- Let me think. Oh, I know, Duke of France, he has done that! How could I miss that! Bonaparte, this old story doesen't work anymore for me.

- But President, royalists wanted to assassinate Marechal Darlan once! It could be the same now.

- I can't and I won't accuse anyone without the proofs. Mister Bonaparte, go back to your tiny office in the most forsaken part of police directorate where you belong. My people are working on this assassination attempt case, I don't need you to tell me what to do. You have made enough harm already.

- Very well, President. But if you need me, give me a call. You know where to find me.

Bourbon Residence
Outside Algiers, French National Republic
27 April 2005, 0012 hrs

- That is unacceptable, how can you suspect me of such an dreadful deed? - asked Duke of France one of inspectors that were searching his mansion for any proofs.

- Being suspect doesen't mean you're neccessary guilty, so you don't have to worry unless you really are the conspirator.

Duke Philippe d'Orleans felt that anger is growing up quickly in him. He couldn't believe to such accusations. Orleanist movement together with Action Francaise is very centralized and he knew that such actions were not an option. There also weren't any radical Orleanist fractions that would try to kill the President. There are only a few radical Carlists in National France, but those monarchists are concentrated mostly on Spain and wouldn't mess with such affairs. And Carlists are not connected with Orleanists anyway, they support a diffrent Bourbon branch.

- Chief, this will probably interest you. - was heard from inspector's communicator.

- I'm comming down. -answered the inspector and left the Duke of France alone. A man in his sixties approached the Duke. His elegant and a bit snobbish image was showing that he was a noble also.

- Duke Philippe, you must follow me quickly.

- Comte de Lyon, is something wrong? - asked the Duke of France.

- Sire, can't you see this was set up? They want to remove you, Dassault is changing this country into dictatorship, and he is making sure that all opponents are gone.

- I am innocent, they can't do anything. The Truth always wins.

- Duke, those are dangerous games, please, come with me!

The voice was heard from somewhere - Get the Duke here, quickly! - and the steps started to come nearer.

- They really have set this up, I hope you have good plan, Count. - Duke followed Comte de Lyon into one of several cabinets. Count touched one of the books on massive shelf and the great piece of furniture moved away, revealing the secret passage. Both men entered the passage and Count of Lyon touched another switch on the wall of the passage. Massive shelf moved back into original position.

- Fortunately we have this passage. - said the Count when they were walking down the dark tunnel. Count lit the passageway with a small battery light. The tunnel ended somewhere in the tiny bay, where some small vessels were located. In fact, this wasn't some secret dockyard, it was simply private marina. Secret tunnel only made a way to it faster.

- Well Count, where are we going? - asked the Philippe d'Orleans, when two nobles embarked luxury speedboat.

- Just a few miles ahead, ship is waiting for us.

- What ship?

- German one.

- What, Germans? Do you have contacts with Germans?

- It's always good to have many important friends. That's what you still have to learn, Your Highness. - Speedboat left the marine and sailed into open sea.

On German frigate SMS Gotland, Captain Bauer soon spotted incoming boat trough his binoculars. - Graf has made a good job. - said the captain of frigate to himself.​

The Jerries are helping the royalists you say? I knew I was being truthful when I said that monarchy was what the Kaiser wanted in France!

Once again, you an epic twist. I am proud. ;)

So, the royalists show who they really work for. It seems that the Germans are trying to foment political instability and dissent within the republic as payback for your successes in the middle east.

Oh, and I got a kick out of the mustache thing.:D

Last edited:
So, the royalists show who they really work for. It seems that the Germans are trying to foment political instability and dissent within the republic as payback for your successes in the middle east.

Oh, and I got a kick out of the mustache thing.:D

At least more Steve Martin picks can be used, I demand General Bentsen! lol

The Germans can plot all they want but in the short term all they've done is strengthen Dassault's position. Any remaining opposition will certainly be muted after the attempt on his life and the Orleanists have now completely discredited themselves by committing treason.

Treating with the Germans, what an infamy ! :mad:
When we'll reach Berlin the traitors will get the punishement they deserve.

Royalist coup... pah. General Steiner will solve all that!

Presidental Palace
3 March 2005, 0011 hrs

President had summoned remaints of his goverment and some military commanders to his residence to find a solution for the critical situation in the country. Despite victorious result of plebiscite, situation was still not very stable. New wave of dissent was caused by misterious vanish of Duke of France. Investigation that followed failed assassination attempt on president brought royalist claimant to pool of suspects. Investigators thought that Duke of France had strong motives for such act. During search for evidence in one of Duke's residences, inspectors found a full plan for assassination of French president. Plan was fully identical to the way how criminal act happened. When this suspicious material was found, Duke of France suddenly dissapeared. Govermental officials believed that Duke was really the conspirator due to those facts, while many people didn't agree with that. The way how evidence was found triggered disbelief into govermental explanations, and many theories how everything was set up to get rid of political opponents got large support. Things became even worse when one of yellow newspapers declared that reliable source in goverment revealed that Duke of France was arrested, tortured and murdered by secret service, which also planted the false evidence to give Duke the status of traitor and mole that escaped to Europe when his dark secrets were revealed. Hatred towards goverment didn't rise only among the supporters of royalist claimant, many politically neutral people started to fear the possible end of democracy in country. People were frightened by conspiracy theories that claimed how the ''black lists'' of opponents that will be removed are being made and how the special ''death squads'' are getting ready for assassinations of people that are seen as potential threat to ''national security''.

dissent.jpg

People started to lose their trust towards republican goverment because all those things. They were unsure, frightened and angry. Some even started to preach that all should arm themselves, so they can defend their lifes and families when govermental repression will begin. Small firearms were being purchased en masse. High politics also followed the sentiment in the streets. Decision of many parliamentary represenatives meant the greatest shock for goverment in this unpleasant situation: Delegates and senators of Action Francaise and centrist parties that formed Bonapartist League in the past, started to boycot legislative activity. Without more than one third of representatives in both chambers, parliament was defunct. Protests erupted again in major cities. Due to collapse of legislature, Prime Minister Chirac offered his resignation to President Dassault who granted his wish. It was fully understandable that prime minister couldn't stand this political chaos anymore. Many other troubles followed. During the political unstability of National France, neighbouring Syndicalist nations of Libya and Union of Africa started to increase their activities in French territory. Border with Libya was better protected as the most of territories on border with Libya belonged to Metropolitian Area. More problems appeared in the South, where Union of Africa established strong logistic centers in urban areas. Fighters from Union of Africa fought together with local insurgents against French authorities. In the countryside they fought intensive fights with Gendarmerie while local and National Police of which jurisdiction span over urban areas couldn't root out rebel activity in towns. Minister of the interior Hortefeux wasn't able to achieve better cooperation between Police and Gendarmerie due to conflicts with army of which part is Gendarmerie. He decided to leave this burden to someone who can settle down rivalry between Army and Ministry of the Interior. The problem was that President didn't know who really would be capable enough for such task. Actually, he knew only one person that could be a right man for this job.

govt_5.jpg

''The Republic is facing extraordinary threats and exstraordinary measures are neccessary to protect her.'' Those words marked the end of democracy in National France. With those words, President Dassault suspended democratic instititions and established the rule of military junta. According to his words, rule of the junta was the best temporary solution as the army is non-political force, forged to protect the Republic against external and internal threats. All political parties were abolished, including Union for Republic. President decided it is better to have a no-party system than the single-party system. Legislative branch of power was de facto sawn off, with executive branch taking all of it's privilegues. However, judicary branch was left almost intact to preserve normal way of life and protection of civil rights. He wanted to protect the Republic, not to turn it into irational tyrany. New goverment was made of soldiers and technocrats. President knew that only one man is able to solve the internal problems. He called Louis Nicolas Bonaparte and asked him for assistance. Louis Nicolas immediately responded and took the place of Minister for National Security, as the Ministry of the Interior was renamed. But Dassault knew that having such an ambitious man in goverment will weaken president's position, so he chosed the prime minister of same kind: Ruthless, aggressive and ambitious soldier that will be able to watch over Bonaparte. General Jean Renault was an old friend of President from the military. In fact, country was now lead by triumvirate Dassault-Renault-Bonaparte. Other positions in goverment were quickly filled by president's cronies, militarists and technocrats. President could really trust his friends from army, while technocrats wouldn't ask annoying questions, as they were devoted to their profession and didn't care much about the politics. He changed the head of military intelligence as intel support didn't prove as very successful during the war with Turkey. Supreme command was also refreshed. New chief of staff was chosen as supreme command also made some mistakes in the last war. Admiral Battet prefered to command his fleet only and Admiral Forissier took his position. Lois Nicolas Bonaparte was not the only noble in new regime, as exiled Serbian royal claimant Alexandre Karageorgevic, otherwise the pilot of the French Air Force and commander of fighter wing, was chosen for the new supreme commander of air force. He was better known by the shorter version of his name which he commonly used in the air force where he served. Chief of the army Lamari keept his position, as he didn't commit any bigger mistakes in the past. Dassault couldn't remeber how long was this man in goverment, but he was probably already here when Dassault became President. So he decided to keep him, it never hurts to have an old guard near.

govt_4.jpg

French allies didn't really mind of National France turning into military dictatorship. It was true that Entente always presented itself as defender of freedom and democracy, but it probably doesen't hurt if some anomalies happen in such dangerous times. As long the Canada, leader of Entente, is still democracy, everything is just fine. And after all, French said that democracy is suspended only for some time, didn't they? But this really didn't matter as Canadians had more important things to worry about. Germans closely observed Canadian activities in North America and Kaiser decided that Germany can also play in American sandbox. American Union State and German Empire signed the agreement called ''Trade, Cooperation and Partnership Agreement'', or shortly ''TCP Agreement''. This agreement was in fact a packet of diffrent contracts, concerning business, exchange of intel and technology, and especially some interesting arms deals, like purchase of German Taifun fighters and Leopard 2 tanks.

Schrder_and_Bush.jpg

Atlanta, March 2005: Reichskanzler Schroeder and Vice President Bush shaking hands after signing TCP Agreement. Expanded cooperation between German Empire and American Union State alarmed Canadians and their allies. Combined Syndicates of America also weren't very happy about their hostile Southern neighbour getting help from Germany.

aar7-2.jpg

Oh boy, Autocratic republic will only serve to fuel the paranoia and thus accelerate the prophecy.

Also, I have every worry for the Germans signing a Partnership agreement with the AUS. They sign a Trade deal now, then it's going to be a Military Access, next thing you know we have a Mitteleuropa member in North America.

Where is the Panic button!!!

Yeah the return of Bonaparte! Hope Louis Napoléon will soon start his rise to power :)

Very nice, extreme times call for extreme measures. Death to democracy and its opposition to the Republic!

Also, Germany is being an ass like usual I see. If the AUS gets into MittleEuropa, the Southern Commonwealth may have to wait a while to expand.

With "The Professional" as the military head of government, there is no way Dassault can fail. Hopefully the military will be able to stamp out this dissent and bring peace and security back to the people of the republic.

Also, Germany's meddling in North America is most worrying.

Good news, France needed order and will have it.
Oh and well done with Jean Renault btw...:D

Don't panic. General Steiner will roll his tanks to the Parliament and will clarify the misunderstanding at once.

a Karađorđević in the french cabinet?
planning on liberating Yugoslavia are you?;)