• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm sorry that I scared you with that update so much, guys. :D

As for political rivalry, Bonapartists and Orleanists are not really allies, they just act with motto ''enemy of my enemy is my friend''. As General_Hoth said, Bonapartists are not usually so anti-republican, but Bonapartist pretender was personally very disappointed with relations in goverment(President Dassault didn't listen to his wishes about Orleanist claimant) and he wants his little revenge now. He's also not pleased with many ways how republic works, like with republic being semi-military dictatorship, and with economic policy of republican goverment. His ideal is Liberal Empire of Napoleon III, and he would like to implement Bonapartist, Liberal and Social ideas, as strong economic regulation and authoritarian policy of current goverment don't make people very happy.

However, in the next update, you'll be able to decide about the future of National France, so think a bit about pluses and minuses of all candidates. I presented you the things mostly from view of President Dassault, but this doesen't mean that Dassault is perfect and that other candidates are power-hungry demagogues who follow only their personal interests. Each one has it's own view on the way how country must be ruled, so you'll see their views presented soon, what will help you to chose one of them.

Kill them, kill them all!!!!

:d

The empire of Napoleon I/Napoleon III was an authoritary state,in france we call this "du césarisme",where the ideology of liberty,egality and fraternity are simply a pretexte for excerece the power.
The periods between 1789 and 1815 and 1848 to 1882 was very instable,but the restauration is a period of industrialisation and stability.The french monarchy of 1815-1848 was a "monarchie constitutionnelle",not an absolute monarchy.
I vote for the orleanist pretender :)
Sorry for my bad english,I am french :D

I pick Dassault, we must not go back into monarchy, that is what Kaiser Wilhelm wants!

Hey guys, at least, let the election begin before voting ;)

National Assembly
Algiers, French National Republic
12 April 2005, 0012 hrs

President Dassault had an important speech to delegates and senators this day. This event was done in very formal and honourable way. President entered national assembly in company of Gendarmers from elite Presidental Guard. He wore Marshal dress uniform that was used for most important events, with all insignias of honour, and full of medals. When he arrived at speaker's place, he looked at gathered delegates and senators. They sat in three groups. On the right side, benches were occupied by members of Action Francaise. Their leader Segolene Royal sat in the center of the first row, and Orleanist claimant Duke Philippe was sitting next to her. On the left side, benches were taken by embers of Ligue Bonapartiste. Their leader Jean-Pierre Chevenement sat in the center of the first row, and Bonapartist claimant Prince Lois Nicolas sat next to him. Between those groups, in the center, benches were occupied by members of Union for Republic, party of President Dassault. In the front row, Prime Minister Jacques Chirac sat with other members of the goverment.

- Members of National Assembly and Senate, we gathered here for very special reason. As you all know, our nation is plagued by many problems. Political and economical situation is unstable, people are enraged, frightened and confused. Being President of the Republic, it is my duty to put an end to this. I am very sad to see French so divided. In this dangerous world, national unity is most important value, and sacrafice must be made to secure this value. I hear that many people do not like how things in current situation are done, and how republic is working. I hear people talking thatt it is fault of Republic that our nation is in such troubles. I hear people wishing the return of glorious past to save our nation. Very well. Republic is not the National Assembly, Republic is not the Senate, Republic is not me, nor my ministers. People are Republic. And the people will decide about the future of our nation. Pointless struggle will end now. We also made talks with all interested sides, and it is my duty today that I announce that national plebiscite is to be held, so this question will be decided. Plebiscite will be about the constitutional changes. Not only minor changes, decision can change the entire constitution and the structure of our state. This plebiscite will give people an option to decide. If people think that Republic is not needed any more, nor is functional any more, they will be able to kill it with a single slash.

Presidents speech brought a lot of excitement to National France. Just right after plebiscite was announced, all sides started with intensive campaign. Goverment mainly defended good sides of republic, achievements of republican goverments and recent successes. Economic development, expansion of political influence, victory against the Turkey, all those were the arguments of goverment. All diffrences between various sides came out during the campaigning. Weak alliance of Bonapartists and Orleanists fell apart when plebiscite was announced, and war of the one against everyone started. In the evening hours of 24th of April, one night before the plebiscite, all sides made a last, largest and best prepared official adresses to the people on national television.

TV.jpg

Television speech of the Duke of France was to be viewed first. Accompanied by the sounds of La Parisienne, anthem of Orleanist movement, Duke Philippe d'Orleans adressed the nation with those words:

Duke_Philippe.jpg

People of France! For a centuries, French King were bringing glory to our nation. They right to rule was granted by the God, and their rule was good and full of mercy. They gained large empire for France, they gained large wealth for our nation, they made France the most glorious nation in the world. They never stepped back under demands of Perfidious Albion, and they payed back every defeat with hundred times more of pain. Their glory will be forever seen in their palaces, which are now occupied by Germans and their lackeys, but will be ours again one day.

Their glory would bring us even more fame, if there wasn't revolution that deposed the rightful rulers from power. This revolution that brought rooting republics that were so pitty that their founders sought for salvation in quasi-monarchic empires, lead by usurpers. Those republics always ended with tears of defeat and spilled blood of our brothers. We must put an end to this republic before it ends in the same way as others, as this republic is dangerously getting close to this fate. Dear citizens, chose the right option on plebiscite. Do not believe the lies of tyrant Marshal and cunning words of descedant of evil usurper. Let us not forget the blood, toil and tears that were caused by unworthy republicans and bloody usurpers. We must bring back the Kingdom in all it's glory, let us bring back the most legitimate France.

The adress of Prince Lois Nicolas Bonaparte was next. He used recent events to attack the goverment:

Sarko.jpg

Proud people of France! I was taking part in goverment of President Dassault and experienced all weakness, ignorance and incompentness of this regime. Republic was hijacket by arragant people that are unable to lead it! Just look at the results of so called republican goverments. Our nations is stagnating since the exodus from mainland. Recent activities of this goverments didn't brought much good also. War with Turkey was neccessary, but was lead in awful way. Ignorance of President Dassault and arrogance of Duke of France brought us a lot of unneccessary pain. Duke of France planned the invasion of Cyprus, but fell into Turkish trap. President Dassault was letting incompentent leaders to take part in most dangeros situations. Marines were assaulting mountainous areas, entire units were wiped out due to bad strategy. This was not modern war, this was reenactment of the Great War! Things that were worse than those in Verdun happened, there were enourmous casulties among our soldiers.

I must also mention how Dassault's economic policy is ruining our economy. His corporativist way of economic thinking is not fitting the 21st century! Nationalizations and takeovers of big companies, increased taxes and protectionism, this is destroying our competivness and productivity. We can find a way between free market and social warfare, smller, but more rational taxation can still bring us a lot of funds to finance public spending, our companies and businessmen must not be restricted by draconic state legislation that limits free market and our international trade. To achieve welfare state, healthy economy is needed. Current policy is turning us into Union of Africa or Commune of Mexico, it is bringing us only eqality of poor.

To make it clear, Republic is not a bad thing, it's advanced step in political evolution. Duke of France is dreaming about restoration of archaic kingdom, but this is outdated level in development of states. Let's not look back, and let's not stay on the same place. Republic has done it's work, it is time for next evolutionaly step, the Empire. Rome was a kindom at first, wise people sent away corrupted kings and established republic. But their next level was empire, which brought the greatest glory to Rome.

Similar as in Rome, republican revolution destroyed corrupted kingdom. But republic then followed laws of evolution and empire was born. What a glorious empire it was! Napoleon the Great ruled almost entire Europe, and also many other parts of the world! He was defeated by overhelming forces of corrupted outdated monarchies, but his nephew followed the call of evolution again when republic was restored. Second Empire was empire of happy people, where civil liberties were respected, where both free trade and workers rights were protected, and strong leader was watching over all those values. Dear citizens, revolution is over, it is time for evolution. Make a right decision and bring France again to the top.

Adress to the nation of the ruling President Charles Dassault concluded his campaign. He just returned from the visit to naval base in Oran and he gave his speech on Algiers-Charles De Gaulle Airport. His speech was short and not priorly prepared. Despite the wind from helicopter rotors, his words were sound and clear:

Bilko_Dassault.jpg

Citizens of 5th Republic! You have heard many critiques of my goverment and also of the Republic herself. What had to be told was already told during the campaign. There were both successes and mistakes. Opponents of Republic see only mistakes. You will be able to decide about the future of our nation in the morning. Use your right, and use it wise. Let your heart chose the best option. But when you will be chosing options on your bailouts, remember all the good things. Remeber our victories and successes, remember how proud and free we are. Remember the struggle of Marshals and Presidents to preserve our freedom. Remember all those things when you will be deciding about our future. Vive la France!

fcw8.jpg

--------------​

NOTE: Ok, sorry for confusion, elections have started now and formal voting goes on from this update. You can chose among the three options, vote for one of choices is a vote for both constitutional changes/conservation and vote for political bloc that supports this option: Restoration of Kingdom is supported by Far-Right Action Francaise(Traditionalists), Restoration of Empire is supported by Center-Left(modern Bonapartism in this story is a mix between market liberalism, some social benefits, and strong executive branch of power - some kind of improved version of ''Liberal Empire'' from 1860s, where some liberal and social concesions were implemented by Napoleon III), and preservation of the Republic is supported by Union for Republic of President Dassault.

Please, vote according to your wishes, all candidates are equal for me, and I have ideas for continuing of story ready for case of victory of every option. If you would like to have liberal empire, pick Bonaparte, if you prefer traditionalist kingdom, chose Orleanists, if you like current policy of President Dassault, stick with republic. Every choice has something to offer, and there aren't ''good guys'' and ''bad guys'' in this plebiscite. Pick the side that suits you the most. Voting will be over when it will be obvious that there won't be any votes anymore, then I'll declare end of voting. Valid votes are those from which it's possible to see your support for one of sides(type of goverment, party, preferable head of state). Voting is now opened, so don't hesitate to use your right to vote. Maybe those are the last elections in National France. ;)

Didn't know they still make TV's like that...

I vote Monarchy....I dunno why, but I wanna see a War of the French Sucession, and I know the Republic won't deliver on that. as for why not the Empire....well.....

Sarko.jpg
could be
250px-Palpycropped.jpg

or a Mel Gibson clone....you may never know...

My vote goes for the Republic led by Marshall Dassault.

The French kingdom led to nothing more than absolutist monarchy where nobles and other royal families controlled the French people with an iron fist. A french monarchist state would make France no better than the German Empire or the puppet kingdoms it possesses. One only needs to see the way of life in German dominated mainland France to see what the future of France will be under the rule of oppressive dukes and nobles, unchosen by the people.

In comparison, the Bonapartists are no better. What truly happened to France under their rule? Napoleon hijacked the French revolution to make himself into a new king, and led France into destruction in places like Russia in 1812 and Waterloo in 1815. Napoleon the 3rd fared no better, leading France into foolish imperial adventures in places like Mexico as well as getting France embroiled in a devastating war with Prussia in 1870. The bonapartists have brought nothing but death and destruction to many millions of French all for their personal gain.

Duke Philippe d'Orleans and Prince Louis Nicolas Bonaparte are nothing more than narcissistic, egomaniacal demagogues who care only for themselves and not for the French people. Only Marshall Dassault and the French Republic can save the French people from German and Syndicalist tyranny. Once again, I state my support for the Republic, and urge all other forum members to do the same!

If there must be elections, I pick Dassault. Monarchy has given the French nothing but misery and misfortune.

I will vote for Louis Napoléon Bonaparte.

The Empire wasn't a war machine or a god'given right to rule. It was the rule of Liberté, Égalité et Fraternité. Napoléon 1er le Grand gave the world his Code Civil who is still the basis of modern occidental law system everywhere in the world (even modern anglo saxon right). His war were nearly all defensive, to protect the people of Europe from the tyranny of the kings and oligarch. It was the rule of merit, where everyone could be minister, every soldier could be Maréchal de France.

The Republic has been diverted from his glorious roots to serve an oligarchy of the rich and some generals. The monarchy would send us back 200 years back in political evolution, to the Ancient Régime and the time where the people were crushed by clergy and nobles.

Stop to monarchy and oligarchy. Go with the Empire

Vive la France
Vive la Liberté
VIVE L'EMPEREUR!!!!

Kaiser_Mobius basically expressed my views far more eloquently then I would have, I vote for the continuation of the Republic- I don't share the Orleanist belief that a return to the 18th Century will magically solve France's problems, and Bonapartist regimes have a tendency to end in egomania and disastrous military adventures.

I also vote for the continuation of the Republic.
Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité and Onward to Victory !

I completely quote Kaiser_Mobius, the Monarchist are obviously to be rejected like the Bonapartists, although it's true that the French Empire brought the Costitution in many countries. And remember that if the empire was the final phase of the Romans, it's because it was the last before the collapse, when were elected Emperor that were shepherd and didn't know even Latin.

Pour la Rèpublique!

I vote for Kurt Steiner arresting all those fools in a almost bloodless coup d'etat and, following thing, creating the 6th Republic, with him as King-President-Emperor.

So what? :D