• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, a civil war between the exiles is not really welcome... Hopefully Chuck will save us all. :D To Washington!

Southern Commonwealth has now won an automatic 200 win points right there.

I support Steiner's proposal, in order for National French stability to remain intact, Orleans and Bonaparte will have to go sleep with the fishes.

CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it is strange to see Bonapartist allying with monarchist to destroy the Republic...BOnapartist are for a centralised republic with strong executive power...

Well, I used late 19th century model where Orleanists and Bonapartists were main opponents of republican system in France. However, I don't know how are Bonapartist viewing those issues today. But my National France already is a centralized republic with strong executive power, so Bonapartists are rather in favour of establishing imperial monarchy.

Yes people, this is Chuck as minister of security. Southern Commonwealth is safest country in the world thanks to him and his Rangers.

Yes people, this is Chuck as minister of security. Southern Commonwealth is safest country in the world thanks to him and his Rangers.

We have to ally with those guys and ASAP, with them no one will be able to defeat us ! :D

Hopefully a wedge can be driven between the Orleanists and Bonapartists. One of them will have to defeat the other at some point so I can't see any alliance last long. The situation in North America is looking good for Canada now as they should be able to gain two strong allies instead of one potentially overpowering one even if the revival of the CSA could be worrying, particularly when combined with the current government of the Southern Commonwealth.

At last, the project for a new north american century has begun. Hopefully, Canada, the United States, and the Confederacy will soon begin to bring peace, freedom, and good government to the oppressed masses of people living under syndicalist and corpratist rule.

Oh, and Chuck Norris FTW. :D

Great update.

I may hate their government type, but the Texans have the best Security Minister ever!

I think it's time to end democracy in France if Dassault wants to stay in power, we must not lose him!

I'm 100% behind Bonaparte ;)

Let send some Québécois to help him!

USA, USA, USA, USA!

Well, being serious I agree with Kurt, rid yourself of Bonaparte and Orleans and it'll be much calmer internally.

Presidental Palace in Algiers
French National Republic
9 April 2005, 0004 hrs

President Dassault was standing on the roof terrace of presidental palace. He observed the beatiful city of Algiers that was disappearing in flames. From the top of the hill where the palace stood, President had good view on the capital of dying republic. He was alone and waited for the dark end of this madness. He should never have underestimated strength of political opposition. But now it was too late. General strikes and riots that were caused by Orleanists and Bonapartists due to govermental ignorance for their political demands, turned into violent overthrow of legal authority. Orleanists striked first, they captured main administrative buildings in Tunisia, their stronghold of political influence. Part of military in the area joined them, and their leader Duke of France, who was crowned for King Philippe VII of France, had entire Philippe Petain Strike Group under his command. Orleanist forces moved towards Algiers, destroying everyone that was on their way.

fcw1.jpg

Bonapartists striked in the South. They had expanded their influence in the areas of West Afrika with promises of social and political reforms. They had support of both poor provincial population and wealthy townsfolk in rich coastal cities. Even Liberia which stayed loyal to central goverment during First Tuareg Revolt and was incorporated into French republic after this conflict, sided with rebels. Prince Louis Nicolas Bonaparte declared himself for Napoleon IV, Emperor of French. He rode on the horse of destruction and ghost of Napoleon the Great rode with him.

fcw3.jpg

How horrible fate for French republic! Enemies were advancing from all sides and Orleanists were already on the gates of Algiers. City was heavily bombarded from the sea, land and the air. Loyalist navy was weakened due to desertations and lost battles against Orleanist strike group. Air forces that stayed loyal to republic were battered by plans from enemy aircraft carriers and air fleets that deserted to enemy. Land forces of republic were falling apart and best and most devoted commanders that stayed loyal to the president were dead. Mountaineer Alexandre Noir was shot in the back somewhere in Atlas by one of his officers that switched their loyalty to Philippe VII of France. Major General Le Muffen was captured in Kassarine and executed by Orleanist firing squad as ''Antichrist and diabolic servant of Pagan Carthage''. Bonapartists came to headquarters of tank commander Steiner in Fort-Lamy and he managed to take many of them with him when he activated hand greanade, yelling ''Damn Frogs, you won't get me alive!'' in Catalan language. A lot of other excellent commanders fell under enemy sword because of their loyalty to Republic.

fcw4.jpg

Algiers was in flames, only presidental palace wasn't hit by any projectile. Foes probably wanted to get the President alive, to try him on the ''royal court of justice'' in inscenated process due to his ''tyranic behavior'', as Orleanists declared. But they won't get him alive. No, he won't let this fortune to his enemies. He took out the revolver and inspected if the firearm is full and ready. He was taught that suicide is mortal sin and that throwing away God's greatest gift is the worst thing that man can do. But does it matters now? Everything ends here anyway. If he's going to Hell because of this, he deserves that. He failed to do his duty, he failed to protect the Republic. He looked again over his beloved Algiers. It seemed that loyalist forces somehow managed to hold the attacks of royalist forces. Is there still a hope for the Republic? Sounds of fighting were gone and silent peace appeared in the air. But after some time, the most terrible thing happened. The strong light blinded him. He knew what was that. Orleanists really got their hands on nuclear arsenal that was stored near Tunis. He didn't wait for shockwave to reach him and the President quickly rised the revolver to his head and pulled the trigger. The loud shot put an end to everything.

nukes.jpg

President Dassault woke up. Near his side of the bed, the broken statue of Jeanne d'Arc layed on the floor. He probably knocked the small sculpture of the drawer while he was dreaming that horrible nightmare.

- Charles, how many times did I tell you to put away this damn sculpture of this drawer?! Now you have finally hit it and it fell on the floor. I thought someone was shooting into our bedroom, there was such a bang!

- Calm down Marie, I put Jeanne d'Arc on drawer near the bed that she can lead and protect me in my duty of leadership of our nation.

- Oh, please don't bother me with your political speeches, it's five in the morning! - First Lady of Republic turned away and sank into slumber again. President got out of the bed and took the broken sculpture from the floor. He put it on the desk in the corner of the room. He'll put it together later. Then he left the bedroom and made himself ready for the new day.

On the meeting with his ministers, he was informed that situation in the country is getting worse everyday. Republic is in chaos, most important public services don't work, demonstrations and riots are everywhere. That was the essence of the reports that were given by ministers. During listening to ministers, President often remembered on his recent dreams. Was it just a nightmare, or a vision? Who knows, such things must not happen. He has fought off legislation of opposition with his vetos too long, now opposition has decided to overthrow him with the force of chaos. Country won't last very long in such situation and finally the system will collapse. Monarchists will start to fight each other for dominance after republicans will break down and chaos will end with victory of one side. What will be the future of National France? Republic, Kingdom, Empire, or there will be no future at all? Something has to be done. President stood up and stopped the arguing of ministers. - I have the plan, but it's risky. Will leave judgement to the highest authority that is able to decide about the future of our nation.

riot.jpg

Oh my god. You really had me going there at the beginning. :eek: Something must be done about these royalists and bonapartists that plague your nation. They must be totally and ruthlessly crushed by the Republic for their subversive actions and threat to the values and society of the Republic.

Not. Nice. You totally had me going there ;)

The nuke was outright shocking, I did not expect that at all!

I hope your allies are going to assist you, you will be needing it.

One more thing, I wonder if this is the end of democracy in France ... I'd keep martial law after that hit.

The nuke was outright shocking, I did not expect that at all!

I hope your allies are going to assist you, you will be needing it.

One more thing, I wonder if this is the end of democracy in France ... I'd keep martial law after that hit.

It was a dream sequence :D

I vote for the Bonapartes! They are much closer ideologically to your republic than the royalist. I can't imagine a world where a Bonapartist would ally with Bourbons or Orlean against a republic...

Get an alliance with the Bonaparte and an election between Dassault and Bonaparte :)

Oh my god. You really had me going there at the beginning. :eek:

+1
I was pretty shocked to say the least. Everything must be done to prevent this nightmare from becoming real. The Republic should stay strong, united and indivisible ! :mad: