• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Algiers, 26 September 2004

Minister of the interior Lois Nicolas Bonaparte came into office of President Charles Dassault. - Sir, as you probably know, I was on working visit in Canada recently. I met many Canadian officials from various branches of interior security and we shared our ideas and experience. I compared our system with Canadian one and discovered some problems in our internal security system. However, we're working on improvements right now. It's very useful to observe advantages of other systems to improve our own system. But I'm not here to talk with you about our internal security.

- You probably have news about former minister for interior? Did you discover anything about this traitor?

- I'm sorry, but there still aren't any information about Philippe Du Neville. We still aren't sure if he is hidding in republic or abroad.

- I hope we'll capture this rat soon. What do you have to tell me then?

- Sir, during my working visit in Canada, I visited Québec City also.

- Well, I thought you went to Toronto only. What were you doing in Québec anyway? I hope you didn't try to ruin good relations with our Canadian friends, like President De Gaulle almost did in 1967 by shouting ''Vive le Québec Libre!'' during his visit in Canada?

degaulle_quebec.jpg

Lois Nicolas Bonaparte smiled. - Of course not! It was quick private visit. I met Québécois friend of mine there. He gave me a wonderful idea.

- Idea? Well, if it was proposed by one of our Québécois brothers, it must be good idea. Tell me about it.

Lois Nicolas Bonaparte started explaining. - This Québécois friend of mine is officer in Canadian army. His idea was establishment of Canadian humanitarian aid organization and peacekeeping force. This would expand Canadian influence and give better international image to Canada. For now, only Germans have best humanitarian aid fund and their own peacekeepers, and this gives Germans huge moral advantage. Germans are expanding their influence over neutral nations very fast.

- Interesting idea. What happened with it?

- Well, Canadians didn't think that idea is very good, since Canada can't afford to give away resources for such tasks. They are very rational with everything, as they border on hostile CSA and need every man, rifle and piece of butter in Canada. It's quite understandable.

- I see. Fortunately we don't have CSA for neighbour country, altough Libya and Union of Africa can be also very irritating Syndicalist neighbours.

- All this is true. But my friend didn't give up his hopes and he asked if our republic could spare some resources for such organizations. This would really improve our respect in the world, he said. My opinion is similar to his opinion.

- Well, we're a bit on short with funds, but we are French, aren't we? If your famous ancestor conquered half of the world, why couldn't we spare some resources for such humanistic task?

- I'm glad you like the idea, sir. I'll organize meeting with general staff and finance minister right away. You won't be disappointed with results, this will bring a lot of glory to our nation.

- That's true, mister Bonaparte. Just one question. How should we equip our peacekeepers to make them visible in places where fights are raging? Something similar to Red Cross maybe?

- Oh, that's simple. Chose one of colours from our Tricolore.

- I like blue colour the most.

- Well, let's give them blue helmets.

- Casque Bleu? Wonderful idea! You have all my support to organize establishment of task force and special fund.

casquebleu1.jpg

casquebleu2.jpg

casquesbleus.jpg

Oh well, French influence is expanding... This way Germany will start to lose her world police and leader status...

Very nice, gotta defend Algiers. I hope you gain more military soon.

Interesting events, the new Minister of the Interior is clearly playing a major political game, he's more an unofficial Prime Minister than a simple minister.
Let's see how the Casques Bleus will cope with the challenge that are waiting for them..."Allez les Bleus!" :D

Mmmmh... I wonder what kind of humanitarian help can be brought inside some AIFVs... :D

Hmm, an interesting development. In Kaiserreich terms, you can help some countries with internal (or external) conflicts in exchange for military control or warranties of independence. Tasty!

Berliner Stadtschloss
Berlin, Kaiserreich
1 October 2004
0009 hrs

berlin_1.jpg

Kaiser was really angry. Prime minister Gerhard Graf von Schröder hated to see His Imperial and Royal Majesty in such mood. This never meant anything good.

- Graf, you have probably heard about what are those pesky African French recently doing?

- I was informed about that, sire. Really irritating behaviour.

- They have stolen our unique concept of humanitarian and peacekeeping activity! How dare they! How many times do we have to destroy France to make them stop mocking us? I hoped we won't have any more problems with French. But Germany is obviously coursed to be annoyed by French for eternity.

- Sire, they can't afford such massive humanitarian activity as we can. Their good deeds will never be great enough to push our respect we are enjoying into the shadow.

- That's not important! Those thiefs of our noble ideas must be taught a lesson! Fortunately, we already have a plan for such events. It's time to activate plan Overcooked Fries.

- Sire, do you really think this is neccessary? - Leader of leading party Ständischer Verbund was worried because of Kaiser's decision.

- Yes. I have right man for this job in Malta.

Famagusta Port
Cyprus, Turkish Federation
2 October 2004
0001 hrs

famagusta.jpg

Squad of six men finished their mission in port. They avoided harbour guards again and escaped with help of scuba diving equipment. Small boat that was waiting them near took them back to submarine. Everything was going according to plan. Silence of the night was cut by loud explosion in the harbour. German military equipment in several containers that arrived to Cyprus previous day disappeared in flames.

Cankaya Palace
Ankara, Turkish Federation
2 October 2004
0014 hrs

Cankaya_Presidential_Residence_Anka.jpg

General Hursit Tolon, second most important man in Turkey came to room where meeting with highest generals and other leading officials was held.

- Gentlemen, as you know, our leader is currently on visit in Beirut. But he was also informed about the problems that appeared at night in Cyprus. Our nation is facing serious threat. Someone isn't very happy about our country growing stronger and stronger. Someone isn't happy about our growing influence in Middle East and Mediterranean Sea. As you also know, we aren't really close to Germans since destruction of Ottoman Empire, but we don't have any problems to do business with Berlin. Germans are selling weapons to our foes in Persia and Arab countries in Middle East, yes. But they don't hesitate to give some of their excellent military hardware to us, of course for fair price. We aren't poor nation, we can afford this. We are purchasing weapons in both Germany and Russia. Russian weapons are for masses, German are for professionals. We need both. But someone doesen't like that. And he blew up entire latest German shipment in Cyprus. Modern H&K assault rifles and grenade launchers, sniper rifles and pistols...all this was purchased for modernization of our army. But now it's gone. Fortunately, Germans proved to be good trading partners. As compensation for our loss, they are offering their intel on terrorist attack that happened in Cyprus.

aar2-1.jpg

Word was given to General Eyegur, head of military intelligence. - German data on this sad event was checked by our people and it was proved to be reliable. We calculated there's only 0,2% of chance for mistake. It is clear that sabotage is work of French republic. Fortunately, there were not casulties in port, but entire shipment of German weapons was destroyed. Conclusion of French involment is clear. They want to dominate Mediterranean Sea and Turkey is standing on their way. They probably think they are some kind of revived Carthage or something, believing they can do everything they want without punishment. But Turkey will not only look at such acts of madness. Our response will be sharp.

Big screen on the wall was turned on and image of sailing ship appeared. General Tolon continued his speech. - French think they are above the laws. This is their frigate La Fayette, currently located some miles West from Cyprus. Attackers were probably sent from this ship. And those French even dare to show off with their arrogance. Gentlemen, this is direct broadcast and this is our response.

Exocet-mil.jpg

Mobile missile launcher in Cyprus fired anti-ship missile. Radar on La Fayette detected projectile just in time and anti-missile system of frigate destroyed incoming missile. French frigate left for Tunis immidiately, alarming other French ships in Mediterranean. When La Fayette called port of Tunis about it's intension to sail to Tunisia, port operator warned it that several Turkish cruise missiles have hit the port, causing great damage to dockyards and port instalations. Even fleet carrier Jaques Massu and several other ships based in Tunis were hit and seriously damaged. French command pressumes that cruise missiles are being launched from Cyprus. It is pressumed that maximum range of cruise missiles is 1500 miles, what is enough to target Tunis, but not enough to attack Algiers. French anti-air defense is struggling to intercept as many missiles as possible, but Eastern parts of French republic are still receiving many hits. Supreme command is adjusting defense sheme and planning potential military response to aggresion. State of emergency was declared in Tunisia and Eastern parts of Algeria.

Oh my, the developments!
Promising, promising....but...
Graf von Schröder? Ugh.... with all respect to the former Kanzler, he comes from a middle-class family at best, and even tough he could have received a title for his achievements, it's still a little funny. If Germany was still Kaiserreich, I'd suspect Karl-Theodor (Freiherr von und) zu Guttenberg would secure the Kanzler spot for himself, even though he's a little young for that. He's pure nobility,after all, if I am not mistaken. His granddad was in politics, his great-greatuncle was in politics, a lot of his ancestors were in politics (and would be successful in there in this timeline). Heck, he's even married to a Bismarck, Stephanie Gräfin von Bismarck-Schönhausen! :D

Last edited:
Ohoh War ahead.
I wonder how the French are going to react.

Overcooked Fries? Fire who chooses the name of special missions! :rofl:

I'm surprised of a war so early, are French troops ready to react?

Last edited:
Smash the upstart Turks for this unprovoked attack on the French Republic. Invade Istanbul, stir up arab revolts in Syria and Lebanon, and annihilate the Turkish army with your armoured and air forces!

Great update, cant wait for more.

Turkey, attacking my France? They must pay!

Opération Frites Trop Cuites? It will be funny in future history book explaining to young french how the Republic destroyed the Turkish Military!

Glad to see you liked the Casques Bleus idea!

This could get nasty quickly if Germany realises the Turks have taken on more than they bargained for, they could easily end up stepping in to 'restore order' or some other such claptrap.

This could get nasty quickly if Germany realises the Turks have taken on more than they bargained for, they could easily end up stepping in to 'restore order' or some other such claptrap.

I wouldn't worry too much about Germany. More or less, I see this as a battle of long range capabilities, since they do not share a border, and the only threats come from Naval and Airborne Units. While Turkey is Friendly to Germany, I doubt the Diet would support a war with National France. I see it as an opprotunity to grab a puppet state for the Entente.

or at least, to test french army and especially it's Forces Spéciales :D

Go COD4 on important target before unleashing your army on Cyprus!

@ColonelIronboot: His father Fritz Schröder fought in Malaysia against Japanese and returned as war hero from Asia. As you know from update on East Asia, there was real hell during the war. He built successful career as businessman in Germany when he returned as he used his knowledge about Asia for his work. He was awarded with noble tittle of Baron by Kaiser Wilhelm IV. Young Gerhard was already born in noble family and followed footsteps of his father. He was successful businessman with his own oil company that operated in Persia. He is representative of young aristocracy, nobility without long noble tradition. There are some tensions with old nobility, but noble title is noble title and such aristocrats have same weight in society as members of old dynasties. Nobles from old families also rather see Ständischer Verbund to be reinforced by young nobility than rise of non-noble oligarchy that dwell in other parties. Graf Schröder is man of great abilities and he quickly gained respect among aristocrats. He as chosen for their leader and even achieved position of prime minister. I hope this explanation makes story more plausible. Anyway, story isn't meant to be completely serious and realistic, as you can see, some famous people were born in diffrent circumstances that IRL, OTL famous French politician was even born as member of one of Bonaparte families. ;)

Thanks for you input on modern German nobility, it's very interesting. Karl-Theodor seems to be a great choice, maybe he's still a bit too young for position of Reichskanzler as you said, but he is also reprentative of Ständischer Verbund in Reichstag and his career could be developed even more in the future. Btw, isn't Guido Westerwelle, current German minister for international affairs, also connected with German nobility?

@Karaiskandar: It depends on plans of supreme command. I noticed I forgot to answer you on question about my defense strategy: I rather build more less modern units than upgrade existing ones, because I have threats on all borders and need to reinforce those holes in defense.

@Razgriz 2K9: Mighty France does not hide behind cruise missiles! :D

@Atty: Germans can be funny too. :D

@Kaiser_Mobius: Turks are tough enemies and it will be quite a challenge to defeat them.

@SovietAmerika: Of course the glory of France will be saved!

@General_Hoth: Your idea of Casques Bleus was great and it was pleasure to include it in story!

@Zhuge Liang: Germans will watch closely...

Everyone, thank you for your comments! I need to apologyze you, because there won't be updates for some time. I'll be off for vacations and probably won't have constant access to internet and Hoi2 game, so story will be on hold for about two weeks. You can expect new update in last days of July or in first days of August. Thank you for your patience.