• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
General Steiner... a good chap, indeed. Just remind him, from time to time, that Paris is not to be burnt once reconquered...;)

Very good update! I look forward to seeing a Kaiserreich war break out with modern weaponry.

Awesome update, and not only because of Général Noir. :D
I must say that I'm quite impressed by La Royale...6 carriers !

What's your IC like? That's a far more impressive military than I'd expect National France to have after almost a century of hiding in Africa.

It's good to see that the nation is at least somewhat more democratic- National France always came across as slightly scary in KR...

Very interesting world, America sure looks chaotic. I am somewhat hoping the CSA wins, it'd be very nice to see the Syndies be strong enough to keep the world crazy.

Your military forces, particularly the navy and airforce, are very impressive. However, your army is gonna need more mechanized and armoured forces if you are going to make a successful liberation of France.

And nukes too? I am guessing the other Entente powers with them are Russia and Canada? Also, how strong are the military forces of your allies? How many ships, aircraft, and divisions do counties like Canada or the Australasian confederation have? How powerful is Russia's military, which I would imagine is the most powerful in the Entente?

I think that you should convert your SOF into motorized or mechanized brigades: remember that Nat. France can't sustain a large army, so they should have moved towards a really profesional army...

I think that you should convert your SOF into motorized or mechanized brigades...

Well there is a mechanized attachment in MDS, maybe it's easier than a real conversion.

Entente: Royal Commonwealth of Nations

gocanada.jpg

What was left of once mighty British Empire was shrunken on Canada, Australia, New Zealand, chunk of India and some Caribbean islands after defeat in Great War and Syndicalist revolution in Britain. And even those lands were not united under one crown. They were led by various local warlords, governors and officers that preserved their loyalty to the Crown, but didn't recognize even it's nominal power over their lands. Everything that was connecting them was loose military alliance.

However, things improved a bit in 1950s. Situation wasn't perfect, but some steps were done in way of restoration of old glory. Canada managed to establish political, cultural and economic organisation called Royal Commonwealth of Nations. It's members preserved their independence, but they accepted British monarch as their nominal head of state. This humble step gave more common identity to former British possessions.

EN1.jpg

Canada is still leader of Entente alliance today. Most of Canadian land forces are deployed on border with CSA. Canadian army has mixed system, made of both professionals and conscripts. Land forces consist of four mechanized brigades, one infantry brigade for special operations and two armoured divisions. Canadian Royal Navy is strong naval force, with six fleet carriers representing it's core. HMCS Iroquis is most advanced of them, being accompanied with HMCS Halifax, HMCS Charlottetown, HMCS Victoria, HMCS Ottawa and HMCS Vancouver. Other naval units are made of four destroyers, ten frigates and small submarine fleet. Transport fleet is planned to be expanded in the future. Chief of Canadian Royal Navy is admiral MacLean, who is also commander of Atlantic Fleet. Atlantic Fleet is stationed in Halifax and most of naval forces are part of it. Canadian Royal Air Force consists of three wings: Air Defense Corps(based in Montreal), made of four fighter squadrons, Naval Patrol Air Corps(based in Vancouver), consisting of two bomber squadrons and Strike Corps(based in Halifax), deploying two squadrons of long-range bombers, being able to carry nuclear weapons. Canada is possessor of nuclear arsenal, giving it large strategic advantage.

Land forces of Australasian Confederation consist of three motorized brigades, four mechanized brigades and two infantry brigades for special operations. Naval forces are made of seventeen frigates and strong submarine fleet. Australasian Royal Navy has large and modern transport fleet that is able to transport troops where they are most needed. Australasian Royal Air Force consists from Strike Group(made of two squadrons of strike fighters) and Fighter Group(made of two squadrons of short-range fighters). Australasian Confederation has system of fully professional army.

Land forces of Caribbean Federation are made of six motorized brigades, while navy has four frigates in possession. Main purpose of those forces is defense of national territory. Motorized brigades are scattered all over territory of Caribbean Federation, with main logistic center in Havana. Similar as Australasian Confederation, Caribbean Federation has professional army. Despite this nation is not a military giant, it gains large profits from tourism and financial business, with Caribbean Royal Bank being strongest financial institution in Entente bloc and Caribbean Federation itself being tax paradise.​

Well not bad, especially the Navy, but clearly not enough to compete with ze Germans I presume.

I LOVE Canada's military! Nukes, full armoured divisions, fleet aircraft carriers, strategic bombers, that is some serious firepower. Kinda thought the navy would have more frigates and destroyers, but i guess those carriers could take care of themselves pretty well.

I can't wait for more info, especially on the Russian military and the armed forces of the breakaway US countries. Keep up the great work!

Six carriers for the Canadians? A shame that there was no Bonaventure redux...

The Aussies are claiming for recovering his Melbourne carrier, I bet! ;)

Looks like the Entente should be rather less useless than in vanilla KR, with 6 carriers and nukes Canada is actually a force to be reckoned with.

Nice to see that the new Commonwealth has become a force for democracy as well, the Entente in KR was always rather sad, clinging to anachronistic dreams of an Empire that was gone.

Everyone, thanks for comments!

I noticed there are many questions being raised by readers. I will not answer them right now, because answers are going to be revealed trough updates in the future. Stay tuned for more, next update will be about Russia and other Entente members. After that I will start with Mitteleuropa. I hope current style is suitable for you, as I'm going to present entire world this way.

Wow great AAR. Definitely looking forward to see where this one is going. Also I love Canada in this Strong Carrier Fleet, Strong Army, one of the great powers in the world with a lot of influence, and Nuke!!! This Canada is awesome I wish real life Canada was just as awesome.

Entente: Russia, India and Columbia

The Great War was over for Russia when Bolsheviks took over and signed peace with Germans. After the Great War, Germans intervened in Russian civil war which was still fought and assisted Whites in fight against Bolsheviks. Altough Germans supported Bolsheviks during the Weltkrieg to knock Russia out of war, they decided to help the anti-Bolshevik forces now. Bolshevism proved to be far more dangerous ideology than Germans expected. Bolsheviks were thrown from power with help of Germans, and price for German help was Russian recognition of Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, signed by Bolsheviks before. Russia had to recognize German dominance over Baltic, Ukraine and Belarus. Russian part of Poland was lost already during the war, while new nations like Finland, Don-Kuban Union, Georgia, Azerbadian, Alash Orda and Turkestan declared independence during revolutionary chaos. Armenia was taken by Ottomans, Vladivostok by Japanese and part of Trans-Siberian railway by Mongolia. Despite destruction of Bolsheviks, empire wasn't restored. Russia was weak republic, led by Alexander Kerensky. In 1936, President Kerensky was killed and Russian Federation, as formal name of republic was, fell in chaos again. Anton Denikin ordered military to take power in attempt to preserve order. After year of military rule, Denikin decided that situation is stable enough and republican institutions were restored. Grand Duke Kiril Romanov became new president, but people were still not very pleased with corrupted republic. To return some old pride to the people, Kiril Romanov was crowned as new Tsar and constitutional monarchy was established. He died in 1938 and his son Vladimir became new Tsar. With Russia still not being in good condition, his advisors thought some autocracy could improve the situation. In 1939 autocratic monarchy was restorned and new era of Tsarism began.

Russia is now member of Entente and possessor of largest army in the world. Russian Imperial Army has 55 infantry divisions of all types, with motorized troops representing the biggest part. Russia has also 12 tank divisions, mainly deploying T-72 tanks. Authorities plan complete replacaments of those tanks with more advanced T-90 tanks, but such ambitious project needs a lot of time and resources to be successful. Russian naval power is handicaped due to deprivation of any great ports in the Far East and Black Sea. Altough being trapped in the Baltic and Barents Sea, Russian Imperial Navy is strong force to be reckoned with. Russian admirals were never fond on carrier euphoria that started in 1950s. Russian Empire constructed only one fleet carrier, and Russian admirals always say that Russia itself is one giant aircraft carrier. They are somehow right since Russian Imperial Air Force is largest air force of the world. Russian surface fleet is made of more than 60 ships. One fleet carrier is accompanied by 4 nuclear battlecruisers, 7 missile cruisers, 26 destroyers and 19 frigates. Russian navy has also strong transport capacity, being able to quickly ship land forces to new location. Apart from solid surface fleet(of which heavy ships like battlecruisers are greatest pride for Russian admirals), Russian Imperial Navy also deploys unknown number of submarines. Precise number is top secret, but foreing military analytics speculate that Russian submarine fleet is largest in the world. Real numbers are not revealed even to Russian allies. Russian Air Force is mighty, altough not able to fully use it's advantage because it's scattered all over empire. Russia is surrounded by many hostile nations and both land and air forces are forced to be divisioned into many sectors. This fact greatly reduces shock power of Russian military. Russian Imperial Air Force is divisioned into ten wings, positioned all over empire. Each wing has at least four squadrons. Biggest bomber groups are made of eight squadrons. More than half of air force is represented by ground attack air units, mostly close air support aircraft(mainly Su-25 Frogfoot-A planes). Smaller part of ground attack air units is made of strategic bombers that are able to carry nuclear weapons, of which Russia also possessor is. Fighter groups are mainly made of long-range fighters. Their main objective is to defend Russian airspace and prevent air superiority of hostile forces over Russia. Smallest part of air force consists of naval bombers and transport planes.

Kirov-clas.jpg

Kirov class battlecruiser. Battlecruisers are greatest pride of Russian Imperial Navy.​

Delhi was renamed to India in 1960s to declare itself as legal claimant of all lands of India. It is loyal member of Entente and maintains close ties with Canada, altough it refused to become member of Royal Commonwealth under excuse of maintaining full independence. Indian land forces are divided into ten army groups, with each corps containing four infantry divisions(usually mix of two mechanized and two motorized divisions) and one independent armoured brigade. Brigades for special operations operate as independent units. Indian navy is made of one fleet carrier, eight frigates and small submarine fleet. Air force consists from one fighter wing(four squadrons) and one bomber wing(two squadrons of close air support aircraft). Most of Indian armed forces are located on borders with unfriendly nations of Bengal, Princenly Federation and Qing Empire. India imports most of weapons from Russian Empire, which has very strong defense industry.

Columbia is newest member of Entente, with being just accepted into alliance. This nation was long time only step away from being Entente member, but recent increased activities of Syndicalist guerillas on Columbian territory demanded stronger cooperation with friendly nations. Columbian land forces are organized into 10 sectors. Each sector contains two units of same type. 80% of Columbian land forces are specialized for jungle warfare. All land units are infantry units, with only 2 sectors containing mechanized brigades and all other being made of brigades for special operations, some of them even accompanied by transport helicopters for faster deployment. Columbian cooperation is well accepted by other five members of Entente, which are glad to be reinforced by new member from South America.

EN2.jpg