+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SKIF and CORE

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can I use this mod with vanilla only? I mean SKIF.

use vanilla skif then. there was a thread in the main forum afaik

I have installed AoD, patched up to 1.06b2 and installed CORE on. Works great. I added my old CORE SKIFF, but the wierd result is that i get no more faction-specific icons, only the generic "model" that could be valid for everyone.
    As example, playing as italy, the italian skiff icons did not show up, but oddly enough, the ill_div_ita_model_0_0 (the larger b/w pic of the unit) is the right italian one.

is like AoD do not recognize the ita_model_0_0, and loads instead the generic icon model_0_0

Quote Originally Posted by Mylae View Post
    I have installed AoD, patched up to 1.06b2 and installed CORE on. Works great. I added my old CORE SKIFF, but the wierd result is that i get no more faction-specific icons, only the generic "model" that could be valid for everyone.
    As example, playing as italy, the italian skiff icons did not show up, but oddly enough, the ill_div_ita_model_0_0 (the larger b/w pic of the unit) is the right italian one.

is like AoD do not recognize the ita_model_0_0, and loads instead the generic icon model_0_0
    I had the same problem when updating to .19, I solved it by copying the skif icons to the models folder outside the mod-CORE2 folder.

thanks. It's a wierd behaviour, then - it means it recognizes not the modfoldered but just the normal models folder ... interesting though. Thanks for the quick answer.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Anyone know where I can these icons? The main link on the first post is no longer valid...

Here is a link ive found that got all SKIFS in one pack for CORE

http://www.4shared.com/file/2e3q7q_f/SKIFCORErar.html

But it seems it is not working anymore with CORE, it doesn't load the specific country icons. It only loads the generic ones.

EDIT2: Seems like CORE loads country specific icons from AoD original files.
    Ive found the solution, extract the models folder to your "Arsenal of Democracy\gfx\interface"
    If you want to keep AoD model folder, just rename it so they doesn't merge. Now go play with awesome SKIF pack.

All we need now is a sprite pack, for us who love sprites !
    Last edited by galegud; 15-12-2011 at 23:40.

My problem, since the Hoi2 days have been that the infantry SKIF icons don't load correctly: The game starts off with the 1947 Infantry icons instead of the correct year. I've tried playing with them but then the icons run out by the middle of the war which stinks. Am I the only one with this problem?? I've literally spent hours thinking very creatively how to solve this (downloading, installing re installing, copying, pasting etc...)

All the other SKIF icons load up correctly and on vanilla it's perfect.

EDIT: THANK YOU GALEGUD!! This worked perfectly for me, I am forever grateful! Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Galegud
    Here is a link ive found that got all SKIFS in one pack for CORE

http://www.4shared.com/file/2e3q7q_f/SKIFCORErar.html
    If anyone is having ANY trouble with SKIF graphics just download this and install into AOD\GFX\Interface folder, now I'd recommend going a step further and installed at least the shields from GIP but that's up to you.

Now going to play CORE!
    Last edited by TheQMeister; 06-09-2012 at 14:27.

Arsenal of DemocracyFor The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by galegud View Post
    All we need now is a sprite pack, for us who love sprites !
    If only...

With that, the game would be truly complete.
    One thing about knives, swords & axes - they don't run out of ammo, and they don't misfire.

Nikola Zrinski in Military campaigns of some of the finest warriors in the world - the multiplayer EU2 AAR

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

All links to both SKIF and Cegorach´s pack don´t work anymore.

I suggest deleting both threads to avoid confusion among users.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Hoi 2 Beta500k club

It would love if someone do new set of icons (at least generic set) for actual version of CORE (based on previous sets or completely new).

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings II

as i see this last date of 2012 has there been any icon sets for germany or all countries...or is it just too time consuming to do..core .61
    Maerkische Heide
    Maerkische Sand.
    Sind des Freude,
    Sind mein Heimatland...

Well you'd need to adapt a few things. The old SKIF packs are essentially uncompatible with 0.61.

First Lieutenant cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Arsenal of Democracy

Quote Originally Posted by Amallric View Post
    Well you'd need to adapt a few things. The old SKIF packs are essentially uncompatible with 0.61.
    I'm using it in my AAR at the moment. It kind of works... kind of!
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire

First Lieutenant
    Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper Fi

Does anyone who still has this pack kindly upload it? none of the links work and the other links in other threads are also expired.
    "When a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully." - Samuel Johnson

A British view of Bismarck and Moltke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lHM6gy1rO8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2