• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is indeed. Kephas has provided a link to kazoo's work in the top sticky. I've also come across another adaptation of SKIF to the CORE model set, but for the life of me I can't remember whose work it was. I'll try to track it down and post again.

Found it. Montcalm produced a modified SKIF for CORE 0.25 and I think much of that would still be useful. I think I picked it up from the SKIF thread on the Mods board at Paradox's HoI2 site.

Found it. Montcalm produced a modified SKIF for CORE 0.25 and I think much of that would still be useful. I think I picked it up from the SKIF thread on the Mods board at Paradox's HoI2 site.
There are some later versions as well, including 0.3.2.3 (and maybe 0.4.0 as well). Whether they're still available for download, that I don't know.

Thank god that I know the search does work after all...
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9267968&postcount=1

You may want to provide a Sticky for that link Hagar, I know given the popularity of this mod this post will get bumped eventually and that link you posted is full of awesome for us CORE fans.

There are some later versions as well, including 0.3.2.3 (and maybe 0.4.0 as well). Whether they're still available for download, that I don't know.

Thank god that I know the search does work after all...
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9267968&postcount=1

Yep, that takes you to the kazoo set that Kephas references in the sticky I mentioned. This is set up for CORE 4.0 and is still available - or at least it was when I checked yesterday.

Still can't track Montcalm's versions down to a single thread, though. Sorry.

Stickied this thread instead. ;)

It might sound as boasting, but I'd like to remind that my pack also includes some icons, circa 700 of them. Mainly airplanes with basic land sets for a couple of countries.

Example - Romanian icons

romanianset.jpg

More images in the pack's thread.

I am working as fast as I can to finish first edition of the pack for AoD.

It will include GFX file with models, pictures and event images which would be easy to extract where it should go separately from anything else te pack will include.

One final word.
Just the models folder includes 1043 files... Mainly icons.
At least half of them aren't available elsewhere.

problem loading SKIF models

Hi I haven't been able to load the SKIF icons, the game picks up the old model_0_0 type file and not ie the ger_model_0_0 file. I have put all files in the mod_CORE2\gfx\interface\models folder

I have AOD 1.4/CORE/Improvement Pack + hotfix

Any clues as to what I am doing wrong?

Ah, I think I know what's happening.

As set up for Arma, CORE requires the use of dummy 'placeholders' for the various model types. Since 0.4.9 was ported over working directly from the Arma version this is also the case for AoD at the moment. Teg's working his way through the dummies but for the time being the simplest fix I've found is to intall the SKIF icons in both the mod_CORE2\gfx\interface\models folder and the AoD\gfx\interface\models folder. It's kind of clumsy but it gets the job done.

Last edited:
All our dummy imagery we need is created automatically by the installer - any existing files remain untouched, only new files are added if needed. But, as the SKIF icon set isn't part of regular CORE, SKIF dummy files aren't added to the mix...
I know Tegetthoff was ironing out dummy image issues earlier during the Beta, but that was only necessary because we were using a RAR build rather than a proper installer at the time. With AoD having more tech teams, we need fewer dummies...

Hi, that indeed worked. It's quite alright as long as one has space on the hard disk and it is referenced in the current installation instructions (it's the first time I used SKIF so I've actualy had to dig into Armageddon discussions to see what was happening with the instalation), so thanks, good work ;-)

Another question on top of that, there are some classes that don't have a relevant icon, ie the Atlantis class commerce raiders come to mind, I think conversion transports or so, just a couple. Are you gonna be implementing these or did I do anything wrong?

As I remember, the classes themselves are in play and it's just the icons that are missing - or more accurately, the icons used aren't accurate to the new unit types. It gives you a chance to create some of your own, or to 'appropriate' a few icons from other sets (e.g. Cegorach or TRP) and rename them to suit the new classes.

Last edited:
As I remember, the classes themselves are in play and it's just the icons that are missing - or more accurately, the icons used aren't accurate to the new unit types. It gives you a chance to create some of your own, or to 'appropriate' a few icons from other sets (e.g. Cegorach or TRP) and rename them to suit the new classes.

Indeed, here's my first ever attempt for the missing German Hilfskreuzer - Atlantis Class.

I also attach an Auxilliary Seaplane Tender that was also missing, the photo is of a Japanese tender.

Fell free to use it if you wish to

Question, how can I "posterize" a color/bw photo to a SKIF quality image? I use Paint.Net

Attachments

• Model_29_1.bmp
    Model_29_1.bmp
    8,8 KB · Views: 213
  • Model_29_2.bmp
    Model_29_2.bmp
    8,8 KB · Views: 198
Last edited: