• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have installed AoD, patched up to 1.06b2 and installed CORE on. Works great. I added my old CORE SKIFF, but the wierd result is that i get no more faction-specific icons, only the generic "model" that could be valid for everyone.
As example, playing as italy, the italian skiff icons did not show up, but oddly enough, the ill_div_ita_model_0_0 (the larger b/w pic of the unit) is the right italian one.

is like AoD do not recognize the ita_model_0_0, and loads instead the generic icon model_0_0

I have installed AoD, patched up to 1.06b2 and installed CORE on. Works great. I added my old CORE SKIFF, but the wierd result is that i get no more faction-specific icons, only the generic "model" that could be valid for everyone.
As example, playing as italy, the italian skiff icons did not show up, but oddly enough, the ill_div_ita_model_0_0 (the larger b/w pic of the unit) is the right italian one.

is like AoD do not recognize the ita_model_0_0, and loads instead the generic icon model_0_0

I had the same problem when updating to .19, I solved it by copying the skif icons to the models folder outside the mod-CORE2 folder.

thanks. It's a wierd behaviour, then - it means it recognizes not the modfoldered but just the normal models folder ... interesting though. Thanks for the quick answer.

Here is a link ive found that got all SKIFS in one pack for CORE

http://www.4shared.com/file/2e3q7q_f/SKIFCORErar.html

But it seems it is not working anymore with CORE, it doesn't load the specific country icons. It only loads the generic ones. :mellow: :(

EDIT2: Seems like CORE loads country specific icons from AoD original files.
Ive found the solution, extract the models folder to your "Arsenal of Democracy\gfx\interface"
If you want to keep AoD model folder, just rename it so they doesn't merge. Now go play with awesome SKIF pack.

All we need now is a sprite pack, for us who love sprites !

Last edited:
My problem, since the Hoi2 days have been that the infantry SKIF icons don't load correctly: The game starts off with the 1947 Infantry icons instead of the correct year. I've tried playing with them but then the icons run out by the middle of the war which stinks. Am I the only one with this problem?? I've literally spent hours thinking very creatively how to solve this (downloading, installing re installing, copying, pasting etc...)

All the other SKIF icons load up correctly and on vanilla it's perfect.

EDIT: THANK YOU GALEGUD!! This worked perfectly for me, I am forever grateful! Thank you!!
Galegud said:
Here is a link ive found that got all SKIFS in one pack for CORE

http://www.4shared.com/file/2e3q7q_f/SKIFCORErar.html

If anyone is having ANY trouble with SKIF graphics just download this and install into AOD\GFX\Interface folder, now I'd recommend going a step further and installed at least the shields from GIP but that's up to you.

Now going to play CORE!

Last edited:
All links to both SKIF and Cegorach´s pack don´t work anymore.

I suggest deleting both threads to avoid confusion among users.

as i see this last date of 2012 has there been any icon sets for germany or all countries...or is it just too time consuming to do..core .61

Is there an active link still open?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Got it downloaded. Will give it a try.

I've done a fresh one for 0.7 for Japan using SKIFF resources to match the current patch's Model.csv. I'm a bit of a noob but how do i attach it? Its 1.6mb

Start a fresh post or edit a previous one. Click "Go Advanced". Scroll down until you see "Manage Attachments" and click that. Click "Add Files" and select the archive from your hard disk. Click "Upload".
Click and drag the new entry with your file's name down into the "Attachments" frame.

Optional:
Ensure that it is marked with a check mark and click "Insert Inline", then click "Done". You should now see some BBCode in your post which refers to the attachment. You can copy&paste this to any position in the post, I recommend at the very end after a blank line as good position.