• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vote for Best Completed AAR of 2009

• Time of troubles- Russian MDS AAR by Asalto

Votes: 6 8,1%
  • Ireland, Ascend! by demokratickid

Votes: 14 18,9%
  • Furious Vengance - A 1944 UK AAR by El Pip

Votes: 26 35,1%
  • Czar putin, and the new russian empire, an MDS AAR by Kaiser_Mobius

Votes: 15 20,3%
  • Lesser of Two Evils: Germany in a Draka World by soonerborn0524

Votes: 13 17,6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coz1

GunslingAAR
29 Badges
May 16, 2002
hearthehurd.typepad.com
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
2009 Iron HeAARt

ironheaart2009.jpg

Voting Thread

We've checked the AARs. We've held the nominations and found those you think ought to run for this award. And we've come up with 5 outstanding AARs from which to choose.

We have 30 days from today to read through the AARs and cast an informed vote for the AAR you feel the best completed for the past year. Feel free to add a link to this in your signature (within rules of course) or to post a link in your AARs. Let's get the word out. I'll leave the thread unstickied for now hoping you might tell us what made you vote for the AAR you did. If it gets buried too quickly, we'll sticky it then. For now...

The Nominees

* * *​

Comments are welcomed and enjoyed.

:D

I am torn between Ireland, ascend! and Furious Vengeance. Both such excellant works. Both of them small yet perfectly formed.

It's like Sophie's Choice!

O, where is Nick Clegg and proportional representation when you need them....

I nominate Furious Vengeance.

Wow! 28 votes in 2 days. Keep 'em coming folks and remember to add a little bit on why you voted as you did if you are of mind to offer it. :)

I vote for Furious Vengance - A 1944 UK AAR by El Pip. I vote for this AAR because there is something magical about seeing El Pip take his "Paradox really screws up British AI" aggression out on the whole world.

::Bump::

Stuck on 33 votes for a few days. Keep that voting up. :D

Thanks for bumping coz :) voted for Furious Vengeance, though it was a close call between that or Ireland Ascend! Great job guys, and good luck!

O, where is Nick Clegg and proportional representation when you need them....

:rofl::rofl: This made my day :D

Alright folks let's vote vote vote! :)

Picked up some more votes the last couple of days. Excellent! Keep it up. :D

Bump...must stay on the front page. Let us know how you voted. That will help the thread stay bumped. :D

*bump*

If this was Ireland Ascend, the Duffyists would be stuffing the ballot boxes and raising a pint of Guiniken.

If this was Furious Vengance, El Pip would have created an event to declare British hegemony over the poll and exiled the British Labour Party to Sweden.

Since neither is an option, just vote. There is still time.

If this was Furious Vengance, El Pip would have created an event to declare British hegemony over the poll and exiled the British Labour Party to Sweden.

Since neither is an option, just vote. There is still time.
No if this was Furious Vengance Sweden would long since have ceased to exist.
ja.gif

There are however two whole weeks and more to vote in, so not only is there still time there is in fact no rush. At the moment.

One last week to get those votes in! :D

Czar putin... too long of a title.

Kaiser_Mobius' AAR, please.

Lesser of Two Evils: Germany in a Draka World

Just a few days left and a tight race for 2nd and 3rd place! Don't forget to vote. :D

Just out of curiosity (and the fact I just found this thread), but why did my HoI II AAR not get up here (the nominating thread, that is)? I finished it on the last day of 2009. Did you have to PM it in?

Edit: Nevermind, I need to learn how to read :p I should have seen that other thread sooner! :) I also guess technically mine does not count, as I am making a Part II to it in AoD.

Last edited: