• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've just managed to implement both observation planes and armoured trains.

bryg.jpg

Armoured trains will most likely be included in 0.50 so these vehicles can be treates as a testing version of the attachment.
Each of them represents 3 combat armoured trains so no anti-guerilla, improvised or security trains which most likely will be as a part of police attachments.

This means there will be over 20 such units from the start - at least 16 for Soviets alone...

I've just managed to implement both observation planes and armoured trains.

That looks very interesting. ;) Out of curiosity, do you introduce a new type of plane or are the observation planes simply a bomber model with reduced stats? Is it possible to reduce the available missions for air wings of this type?

That looks very interesting. ;) Out of curiosity, do you introduce a new type of plane or are the observation planes simply a bomber model with reduced stats? Is it possible to reduce the available missions for air wings of this type?

Observation planes are a brigade for land units.

Since their importance was limited, they could be based on any field airstrip (even very crude ones) and should still be useful for something I opted for land unit attachment.
It is also to allow some sort of airforce even for countries which didn't create larger air units and still to make them useful at least a bit.

Trains with 3 of suppression?
:rofl:

Trains with 3 of suppression?
:rofl:

Actually 3 suppression is for recon/observation plane attachment. Combat armoured trains have a little lower suppression, but before laughing you could understand that each 'brigade' represents a small unit with c. 500 men, 6-18 light armoured vehicles and c. 60-150 machine guns and several cannons.

Armoured trains were very efficient anti-guerilla weapons, though the security trains won't appear in my pack since they will be implemented as police units (rail guard) and as police attachments.

I've just compiled an install. I will write credits and test the whole thing for some time so it should be available later today.

I'm quite happy with results - the thing includes almost everything from edition E for Arm CORE 0.4 + a large number of new images and icons (over 1150 files in models folder alone!).

Now if there no major bugs it should be ok to release it in the evening, but I need couple of hours with CZE, LIT, JAP and POL first...

Eagerly awaiting release. :)

I am sure I overlooked something, but here it goes:

EDIT

Corrected error with 'ccommand' message and one, minor event glitch.

http://rapidshare.com/files/389489450/PAKIET_POD_CORE_AoD.rar

If there are critical errors please report them!

Mistakes resulting in CTDs should be repaired immediatelly - smaller problems can wait.
So far I've seen only one CTD which was however unrelated to this pack.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED ONLY IN ICONS

Use the files in GFX folder - it includes every icon, picture or portrait you might want.

Last edited:
Tried it, it looks great so far. I got to 1938 as Poland, my economy is completely crippled, the army is worthless and there is no way to fix anything before hostilities begin. Let's rock. :D

Oh, before I could run it, I had to fix a binch of lines in one of the event files. Some of them spelled "ccommand" and the game didn't want to run because of it. No other problems to report. I had a CTD, but I don't know if it's related yet. I'll check it in the evening. Again, great job. :)

Tried it, it looks great so far. I got to 1938 as Poland, my economy is completely crippled, the army is worthless and there is no way to fix anything before hostilities begin. Let's rock. :D

Oh, before I could run it, I had to fix a binch of lines in one of the event files. Some of them spelled "ccommand" and the game didn't want to run because of it. No other problems to report. I had a CTD, but I don't know if it's related yet. I'll check it in the evening. Again, great job. :)

Damn. I will upload a hotfix today and re-upload the package itself. Besides I've noticed some two-three little errors which might be corrected.

HOTFIX - for those people who downloaded it till 12.00 today (20th May)

http://rapidshare.com/files/389484591/Hotfix.rar

Extract the files to CORE2-mod/db/events

corrects the 'ccommand' issue and a minor problem with Silesian events adding infrastructure bonus to Łomża instead of Cracov.

The rest will have to wait unless there is a persistent CTD somewhere (right now there is none).

CTD's on 12.00 September 23, 1938.

Oh well, it's time to evacuate because of the flood anyway.

Found it!

As expected in one of CZE events.

Corrected here in HOTFIX 2

http://rapidshare.com/files/389718970/hotfix2.rar

I want to find such errors and eliminate them with quickfixes and later reupload the package with all major and as many as minor bugs corrected.

I am editing the first page - newest links will be available there from now on.

Yeah, apparently I didn't drown yet, so... I can confirm this CTD is fixed, runs like a charm.

I had a bunch of events happen that gave GOP industrial engineering but subtracted 1 skill. It happened three times so far, so GOP is down to skill 3. Perhaps this should be looked into? Also, some kind of guide would be nice, with possible outcomes and paths that lead to them, right now I only know that I can choose my main enemy but not what it will give me... Should I even join the Allies? I declined because it seems the game wants me to go solo, though I'll surely get smashed. :)

Yeah, apparently I didn't drown yet, so... I can confirm this CTD is fixed, runs like a charm.

Good to hear - with this attitude you will get a medal for heroically facing the storms and tempests while playing the mod. :D

I had a bunch of events happen that gave GOP industrial engineering but subtracted 1 skill. It happened three times so far, so GOP is down to skill 3.

I will see about that - it is a result of replacing old event with a new nee - blindly.
I think I will remove skill reducing commands from some events or even return to earlier ideas whatever will work better.

Also, some kind of guide would be nice, with possible outcomes and paths that lead to them, right now I only know that I can choose my main enemy but not what it will give me...

I know - the number of changes is so large and the speed of implementation was so rushed that I never had time for that. Besides it is still a testing version and majority of other issues must be corrected before.

Should I even join the Allies? I declined because it seems the game wants me to go solo, though I'll surely get smashed. :)

You will never have to - Baltic Alliance events (unless you deactivated them) will give you some support from the north, while British guarantees in April mean inviting you to the Allies.
This prevents completely ahistorical scenario from happening, unless you've already created pact with Hungary, Romania and Greece which was quite possible to achieve with some effort.

Unfortunatelly right now it is all unbalanced - I need to redefine COP events because at the moment they are too heavy to bear, Czechoslovakia pretty much sucks (not really my fault, though) and the Balts are starving.

But, one problem at a time - first let's remove the CTDs and think about the rest later.

Mini guide - I will post a couple of lines in the first post.
Basic ideas etc, but some things will remain hidden - the plan is to suprise the player a bit. ;)

Observation planes are a brigade for land units.

My fault, I was paying close attention to what you had written, but neglected your second screenie. :( I really hope that a modder will be able to introduce a new unit type in the game; but atm it seems that this part of the game isn't moddable.

I started yesterday a Poland campaign and atm everything runs fine. (I'll report some minor points in a few days) I'm surprised how fun it is now to play Poland in the pre-war era. If I can survive the german onslaught remains to be seen, but I'm going to try it. ;) When I looked into the polish events file, I saw that a major part of these has been contributed by you! Good work, thanks. :)

4th September, SOV claim Latvia, Lithuania refuses, SOV DoW Lithuania, Lithuania is allied with Poland, Poland is getting massacred, lots of weird events happen, CTD. I love this mod! :D