A Revolutionary France AAR!
Hello! This is intented to be an informal AAR that won't have much stories but instead some "reports" on how the French are doing after Napoleon's defeat at the Battle of Waterloo. They'll try to accomplish what Napoleon I failed to do so - to bring freedom and liberty to all of the world.
I will reserve the first post for indexing, I hope you all would enjoy it!
1. no cheating/modification of any form
3. badboy? who cares about it.
4. colonial divisions must be without attachments
5. this would be based on vanilla revolutions
Remark 1: I have violated no. 1 in terms of that I made the uncivs civilized for a bit more challenge, yet I neville China to cede their land after they are utterly defeated. I'd think this is fair and I'd have accomplished the same without the console/modifications because China was civilized by my modification.
Remark 2: I remember building 3 native cavalry divisions with attachements, hope that is not game-breaking
1. The no.1 great power- Accomplished
2. Unite Europe, destroy all monarchies/dictatorships! -Accomplished
3. Unite the World- Accomplished
Potential problems and their solutions:
1. French capitalists are notoriously lazy, we all know that they spent all their money on wines.
- It was hopeless at start, it ends up that I have to tax the rich for war as well as railroad construction. Later when economy improved the capitalists could build things again (in the 1880s)
2. Without capitalists, it is highly unlikely to have a powerful economy.
- Borrowing money to build rails made good money. As long as I had an interventionist party in power, at first the economy isn't really good but capturing factories remedy the situation a bit.
3. Wars are expensive
- No real solution apart from going into debt.
4. Early war with UK would be a bit tricky to handle, though the French army is unbeatable
- Not a real problem with the construction of a massive army.
5. Badboy harms tech trade, so we have to live without tradings.
- It ends up trading core provinces worked very well in getting techs, even more effective than you have no badboy.
6. Buying steamer convoys could be a bit tricky, if we assume that the cappis won't build a steamer.
- There were problems buying steamers, but no longer after we captured some steamer yards.
7. population growth is horribly slow, yet health care is difficult to maintain
- It is not a big problem, as manpower is never short after conquering that much land.
Chapter 1 : France in 1836
Chapter 2: Victory over Belgium
Chapter 3: Victory over Holland
Chapter 4: Punish Spain!
Chapter 5: End of the Franco-Spanish War
Chapter 6: Conquest of Italy
Chapter 7: Rails and Loans
Chapter 8: Blood and Steel
Chapter 9: Go France!
Chapter 10: Maybe that 30000000 Franc aren't worth a war
Chapter 11: Treaty of Venezia
Chapter 12: Battle of Leipzig
Chapter 13: Onto Berlin!
Chapter 14: New Enemies
Chpater 15a: The Franco-Russian War
Chapter 15b: The Franco-Russian War
Chapter 16: Second war of the Lubeckians
Chapter 17: 30 years of war
Chapter 18: The Russian Campaign
Chapter 19: Bang Bang Bang!
Chapter 20: Where are the Brits?
Chapter 21: The Napoleonic Triumph
Chapter 22: Viva la France!
Chapter 23: India Liberated
Chapter 24: Fall of the British Empire
Chapter 25: Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Chapter 26: How many divisions the Pope has?
Chapter 27: The Rising Sun
Chapter 28: The Great North American War
Chapter 29: The Yankees are serious!
Chapter 30: Plots
Chapter 31: Brave Yankees!
Chapter 32: No one step backwards!
Chapter 33: Are they sacrificing too much?
Chapter 34: The fall of USA
Chapter 35: Banzai!!!!!!
Chapter 36: Against all odds
Chapter 37: Set of the rising sun
Chapter 38: Ambitions
Chapter 39: The end of Russia
Chapter 40: The Dragon Awakes
Chapter 41: Wars of the Americas
Chapter 42: Free Asia!
Chapter 43: The war to end all wars
Chapter 44: A new era