• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hagar

East vs West developer<br>CORE Minister of Propaga
107 Badges
Jan 4, 2006
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Deus Vult
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
The CORE team is pleased to present you:

CORE 0.4.9 for Arsenal of Democracy

This release is basically a cross-over from our 0.4.0 release for Armageddon, though there are some extra goodies included, as we used our 0.4.1 Alpha build as a base rather than 0.4.0. It's still a bit rough at the edges, but with AoD still being tweaked we don't want to put our fanbase in agony for much longer.
CORE 0.4.9 is designed to work with AoD patch 1.02, though it is tested and working on 1.03, 1.04RC3 and 1.04RC4. The graphics packs are the same as for 0.4.0, should anyone wonder.

Version 0.4.9 has separate installers for the basic CORE game as well as installers for the CORE graphics add-ons. The CORE in Color graphics pack is exclusively designed to be used together with GIP (the latter installed in the Vanilla directory setup).

Checksums should be:
1.02 - FBAJ
1.03 - XDJD
1.04 - OZOK

Notice to Steam users:
In order to be able to play CORE, please install the game using the installer, and then select:
Steam - Library, right click the game, properties, set launch options, type mod-CORE2.

Windows installer version - just select your Arsenal of Democracy directory:
CORE2 0.4.9 basic installer (27MB)
CORE 0.4.9 Black & White graphics pack (137MB) - if needed rename into .exe
CORE in Color graphics pack for CORE2 0.4.9 (170 MB) - if needed rename into .exe

RAR versions are also available, for our Mac friends (not recommended for Windows users! They will require a bit of tinkering to get it to work properly, whilst the installer versions listed above will do all that for you):
CORE2 0.4.9 RAR file (40MB)
CORE 0.4.0 Black & White graphics pack RAR (260 MB)
CORE in Color graphics pack for CORE2 0.4.0 RAR (240 MB)

A big, big thank-you to Tegetthoff, who was instrumental in getting CORE for AoD available this quickly!

And as a sneak preview of the COREd graphics, though much of the model imagery should be familiar to AoD fans, as a fair selection of AoD's model graphics is from CORE:
Promo-040graphicspack.jpg

Last edited:
At last! ^_^
~cheers~

Great News, never test played core before, eager to test it , donwloading it now.

Isn´t it possible to play it in 1680x1059? I cant find anywhere to change it? I have this selected in the AoD "basic folder" but when I play Core its not 1680x1059

Thanks alot for the great mod!

into arsenal of democracy/mod-CORE2/ there is a setting.cfg file. rename it .txt open it and change the resolution. then rename it settings.cfg

----

For what about GIP and color pack, i installed gip into mod-CORE2 and then color pack but i see the 47' infantry icon instead of 35' infantry icon... what's wrong?

For what about GIP and color pack, i installed gip into mod-CORE2 and then color pack but i see the 47' infantry icon instead of 35' infantry icon... what's wrong?
It's either GIP first in the mod-CORE2 directory, then the basic installer, and lastly the CORE in Colour pack, or GIP into the regular AoD directory (i.e. backup your gfx folder first), and install the basic installer, then the CORE in Colour pack in the mod-CORE2 folder.
And as a side note, all our installers will automatically install in the mod-CORE2 folder, so just selecting your AoD directory should do.

If all goes well you should end up with mod-CORE2/gfx/interface/models/model_x_x.bmp files...

I installed CORE into the AoD (1.04RC4) folder.

Then the B&W graphic pack (which correctly installed into Mod-CORE2 folder).

Everything went smoothly. Cheksum is correct.

But... when playing, I noticed that the unit icons were those of the original AoD.
The CORE icons definitely are in the Mod-CORE2/gfx/.../models folder, but they don't load up.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers
Fabrizio

EDIT : Understood! In the original AoD folder I have specific icons named, for example, "ger_model_6_0.bmp" for Germany or "jap_model_3_1.bmp" for Japan. If I remove these specific icons the ModCORE2 icons (simply named "model_x_y.bmp") correctly load up.

Last edited:
Please reinstall the BW image pack, point the installer to your AoD directory, not to the mod-Core2 subdirecty inside.

Edit: there's a small problem with the B/W installer as it seems to overwrite the initial loadscreens. Reinstalling 0.49 restores the loadscreens - it's always nice to actually see the status bar while loading :D.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help on the resolution fix Tormentor.

Thanks again to the CORE team. The CORE mod is installed and working great. Looking forward to the first game.

Small questions re: Waffen-SS in CORE

As per title, I'd like to ask a couple of things about SS. I've read that, among many other things, CORE features Waffen-SS units. How are they represented? In HSR there was a special SS brigade to be attached to regular divisions - does CORE use a similar system? And besides, which are their characteristics? Improved morale and organization, I guess?

Thank you very much for your attention!

As per title, I'd like to ask a couple of things about SS. I've read that, among many other things, CORE features Waffen-SS units. How are they represented? In HSR there was a special SS brigade to be attached to regular divisions - does CORE use a similar system? And besides, which are their characteristics? Improved morale and organization, I guess?

The SS units are just "normal" units, by and large - one or two of the early units get some extra morale, IIRC, but essentially, they aren't anything "special". The difference is mainly that they are all built via event, and they are a mixed bunch - some are distinctly poor in combat (as they were historically - eg Skanderbeg), whereas others appear as experienced, well equipped, and therefore very tough units (eg LSSAH, HJ). We don't use any special brigade attachment to indicate SS status, and you can't build any "extra" SS units yourself via the production screen, either. Hope that answers your query.

Tim

First time I've looked at CORE, but considering the recent changes in supply calculations in AoD 1.04 I've got to wonder if 40% ESE in the Maginot line for France is still WAD.

CORE 0.49.9 has been developed to be compatible with version 1.02 of AoD although it does work with later versions.

As there have been significant changes from 1.02 to 1.04 we will be focusing on fixing any supply/manpower/costs that we encounter on the way. CORE 0.50 will be specifically developed to work with AoD version 1.04 and testing is going on as we speak. If there are any game breaking issues please report them on the CORE forums for AoD. The link is in my signature.

We wanted to get the mod out for you all to enjoy rather than keep it under wraps as each new patch of AoD comes out. There will be balancing issues but hopefully nothing game breaking and the CORE team are working hard to have it fully compatible as soon as possible.

(...) Hope that answers your query.
Thanks for replying! But, tbh, that didn't answer my question very clearly... I mean, how did you manage to create single different units with different stats? I didn't thought it was possible...
Let's make an example to see if I got it: Wiking is created (by event) and starts right away with 110% org, 70 morale etc. ; on the other hand, when e.g. Wallonien is created, it has only around 70% org and maybe 40% morale. Apart from that, though, both divisions are "normal" motorized infantry units. Is that correct?

Thanks for replying! But, tbh, that didn't answer my question very clearly... I mean, how did you manage to create single different units with different stats? I didn't thought it was possible...
Let's make an example to see if I got it: Wiking is created (by event) and starts right away with 110% org, 70 morale etc. ; on the other hand, when e.g. Wallonien is created, it has only around 70% org and maybe 40% morale. Apart from that, though, both divisions are "normal" motorized infantry units. Is that correct?
Pre-defined, slept divisions set up in the scenario file. Those are woken up by event.
The same procedure is used with the naval build events.

Last edited: