• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would hope the AI makes better use of the more efficient convoy supply system. It sounds like it's not going to be very integral, when in fact, naval supply is generally the more useful method for it's efficiency (large supply per vehicle at low fuel consumption). I'm not an expert, but I don't think much supply at all should be going, say, through Africa as opposed to into it.

The Missouri comes to mind, for the U.S. Prior to the Missouri another battle ship, probably.

Really? I would go with maybe the USS Houston (so-called "President's yacht," flagship of the Asiatic fleet) or Arizona pre-December 7th, and maybe the first Yorktown until she sank?!

Players are now ill advised to stack 10 battleships into a single fleet and sailing around swatting everything, all due to the reworked stacking penalty system. Fleets now get a positioning malus for every point of hull size above a certain limit, mitigated by commander skill. Unreasonably huge fleets suffer a crippling penalty, meaning their targeting becomes very poor, and they are also liable to take more damage.

This sounds great! However, it will also make the AI's ability to optimally assign leaders crucial. :)

I would hope the AI makes better use of the more efficient convoy supply system. It sounds like it's not going to be very integral, when in fact, naval supply is generally the more useful method for it's efficiency (large supply per vehicle at low fuel consumption). I'm not an expert, but I don't think much supply at all should be going, say, through Africa as opposed to into it.

Really? I would go with maybe the USS Houston (so-called "President's yacht," flagship of the Asiatic fleet) or Arizona pre-December 7th, and maybe the first Yorktown until she sank?!

To me Pride of Fleet represents the most advanced ship in the fleet, given extra attention and resources for propaganda value (hence the dissent if it gets sunk).

Missouri was quite advanced for a battle ship, and was used as the location to sign the peace treaty, which is why I picked it.

In truth, I believe that sort of thing (glorifying certain "elite" units) is more apropos for the dictatorships than the democracies (especially the Axis). That sort of elitism plays well with the nationalist tenets, and helps distract from the political reality of oppression. Hence why Germany spent a great deal of effort creating "Elite" SS divisions (mainly elite because of better equipment) while the US was content to field a lot of "cookie cutter" divisions, and Japan created "Elite" air squadrons, while the US spread their best pilots out in order to buoy and better train the mass of air power.

I actually think the "pride of fleet" concept would be better implemented as an option to create elite units of any type. As it is, these units are only represented in the abstract sense that certain units can be given priority for reinforcement and upgrades.