• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AoD 1.06 is in open beta (in the Tech Support forum) and CORE 0.50 is in parallel beta. The bugs and stuff are mostly squashed out, but some changes to make things work better need rebalancing quite carefully. In short, it's coming, but we're trying to get it right rather than quick...

Indeed. I can only state that BL-Logic's actions regarding wishes, thoughts and suggestions has been very, very constructive indeed. Well, it sort of helps to have two of our guys in the other team's camp, I guess. :D

The third CORE 0.5.0 Public Beta just went out. AoD is working on 1.06 patch #3. And in the meantime we released version 2 of the 'travel guide' - see the world 1930s style. CORE's attempt at playing 'Discovery Channel'... ;)

Pure awesomeness - eagerly awaiting official 1.6 release and CORE adaptation for it!

Hagar, who else from your gentlemen's club is in BL-Logic's team besides Radu?

Gellerion is employed by BL-Logic these days, as well as Radu. Both full-time. :)

Gellerion is employed by BL-Logic these days, as well as Radu. Both full-time. :)

Something tells me BL logic is working on something not yet revealed. I hope so at least :D

Something tells me BL logic is working on something not yet revealed. I hope so at least :D
I can't go into specifics for obvious reasons, but yes, that's a big affirmative. :)

Sure, they had it announced on their site when it was lunched. It's just that I don't really like how new game is being made while their old product still needs patching.

Here's to hopping their new project will be fully patched before they embark on yet another project. I know, I know - I'm day dreaming.

So, what does that mean now? AOD meets CORE? Will there be stuff included from CORE in the next AOD patch (if it ever will occur)?
Usually I am not using mods for AOD, because you can't start the seperately, (sure, exceptly if you copy & paste the AOD folder). But CORE is startable seperately and that's what it makes interesting for me, really.

So, could somebody explain to me, what this does mean? When the thread was opened it was some time ago. Anything new though?

So, what does that mean now? AOD meets CORE? Will there be stuff included from CORE in the next AOD patch (if it ever will occur)?
Usually I am not using mods for AOD, because you can't start the seperately, (sure, exceptly if you copy & paste the AOD folder). But CORE is startable seperately and that's what it makes interesting for me, really.

So, could somebody explain to me, what this does mean? When the thread was opened it was some time ago. Anything new though?
Well there already is CORE material included in the actual game... Whether there will be more is in part up to BL-Logic, even though there's room to maneuver in that respect. Will AoD will turn into CORE in due time? No, quite the contrary, and there are set boundaries how far integration of CORE material into the commercial game will go.
Patches 1.06 and 1.07 contained 'special requests' from us in terms of functionality and moddability, and we've swapped test results regarding tweaks contained in the latest beta patches. Two of us are fully employed by BL-Logic these days. Not to mention cooperation regarding another project I can't elaborate upon for obvious reasons. So is there some progress in terms of cooperation? I'd say that there is. Do I expect a larger CORE 'footprint' regarding AoD and BL-Logic future development that we have at this moment? Possible, but unlikely, certainly not near-term. Will things change in terms of current setup? No. CORE will remain separate as a fully functional mod, with our own guidelines, goals and ambitions.

As to patching strategy, well I hardly think we're the ones to answer that one, but in order to being able to patch things, you need to have an existing company first and foremost. And AoD in terms of sales surely must have reached it's high water mark long ago. And patching equals costs without revenue, so it's always a trade-off how far you'd like to go in that respect. In commercial terms, good is good enough, whether we (from a gamer's perspective) like it or not...

And patching equals costs without revenue, so it's always a trade-off how far you'd like to go in that respect. In commercial terms, good is good enough, whether we (from a gamer's perspective) like it or not...

This be true to for professional mercenary software game developers of the big branches but surely must be seen a bit differently when refering to a grup of ex-modders who made the game they wanted....its sort of your baby and spending a bit of time every once in a while to ease out little inconsistencys should rather be self evident.
Same goes for forum presence,not much...just to show some care...the total absence however of devs from their own forum is really something...well..it doesnt look very keen to say at least...

With all its limitations there is still huge potential in the engine in terms of gameplay concepts and possibilities..especially the simplicity of the application is one of its great features...
With only few improvements (especially the moddir needs to be adressed to work better and read both modfolder and gamefolder) and some other minor changes in the script language (few commands and triggers) and the exe, would allow for total free game design (making unit/brigade structures generic thus taking away the hardcoded limitations)...

Last edited:
I'm very curios about what CORE and BL logic have in mind. Hope they will reaveal something soon, as both DH and HOI3 development and modding have stagnated some.

It will be good :)

Lennartos, I'm certain it will be but I would rather see you make an official statement about 1.8 for Aod. Yes or no and what will it bring along? Thank you.

Lennartos, I'm certain it will be but I would rather see you make an official statement about 1.8 for Aod. Yes or no and what will it bring along? Thank you.

It has always been my intention to do a 108.

check out www.aodgame.com
We are hiring to get someone good to complete the job.

Our timetable is just too intensive to do both atm, which you can also feel in a reduced activity on the forums... All nighters are almost becoming standard here.
But if we find someone - you can look forward to lots of new stuff that we have ready for porting.

That's a very nice thing - finally a word about what's going on. Thank you!

I suggest you make an official update thread (or use the existing Development Diary Archive) stating the exact same thing so that you make the people following this forum more at ease. It will take you 2 minutes or even less and would enable recovering the partially lost confidence in you devs.

I'm currently working on a data file cleanup/fixpack using the Clausewitz validator with the AoD mods by Adukes. Most errors so far are just case sensitive errors reported by the validator, a lot of duplicate tech/prov/country IDs, some div production not = 100, some misplaced closing brackets, invalid Tech-IDs taken over from Hoi2 without porting, some misnamed minister or brigade types, etc. Some battle scenarios still used the bomber ai command instead of air_marshal - I tried to fix this as well.
If you want it to be included in a future 1.08 I'm happy to share this once completed.

As this fixpack contains a lot of ai files I'd like to have some kind of permission to post this on the forums to avoid some licensing/copyright trouble.