• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I guess he meant patches. Some things done by modders have already been included in 1.03 and 1.04.
Indeed that's what I meant. :)

Will you guys do stuff like database cleanup? Things like wrong ministers, photos, model names and pics, tech teams etc?

Amongst other things... In fact, we (Cardus and I) have scheduled to do a tech team review later this week, publicly on the forums here so everybody can chime in. And contributions and suggestions from the forums are welcome, obviously.

Superb!

Hm, looks like HOI3 has a long way to go if it ever wants to replace AOD+CORE

I personally haven't played HOI3 for more than a few hours total. Having CORE and AoD has been my favorite HOI experience by a long margin :)

Im glad at least one mod group has the balls to make a AOD mod

What do you mean? Draka, Broken Star? I think he meant real mods like Compendium or Mod33. From those the only one to be upgraded was CORE, and to a lesser extent Kaiserreich.

What do you mean? Draka, Broken Star? I think he meant real mods like Compendium or Mod33. From those the only one to be upgraded was CORE, and to a lesser extent Kaiserreich.

"to make an AoD mod". He didn't say anything about whether or not it is an "old" mod from HoI2. I would say that CORE team wasn't the first one to create a big mod for AoD...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Core release.

Right now, the 0.4.9 release we're aiming for is mainly a porting of the version we have for Armageddon, that's true. Once we have that though, we will focus on expanding it to full AoD functionality.

Wow. This is all great news. How much better can this game get?! Many, many thanks to the CORE and BL-Logic teams. This game is so good I simply have no real interest in playing anything else. I expect to be playing AOD/CORE for years to come. (Oh I suppose I'll play a little Diablo 3 and Civ 5 for the hell of it, when they come out).

Believe me guys it's goooood! You're going to love it!!

As Hagar has stated there are still some balancing and porting issues to be addressed once CORE 0.4.9 is released to make it fully compatible with AoD. But that's where you in the AoD gaming community can assist us in finding any problems with IC, Manpower, Resources etc. for the various countries that we may have overlooked.

So I'm glad to announce that CORE will actively contribute to further development of Arsenal of Democracy, and already have been behind the scenes these last couple of months. Our tech trees and our detailed event chains will remain part of CORE, but don't be surprised if some of our 'regular' stuff like events or graphics will be integrated in a future release of Arsenal of Democracy. Furthermore will actively share our thoughts and suggestions for further improvement of the game.

That sounds intriguing! I'm quite curious in what direction the development of AOD will move and what new features will be incorporated in the game. Time will tell. ;) And it's good to see that the normal un-modded game will be improved, too.

We're not aiming at transferring AoD into CORE, nor will fully focus on AoD alone (there will be a CORE for HoI3 as well, for one). Likewise, CORE won't be the only mod for AoD.

I'm quite sure that we'll see some improvements to make modding the game even more easier. Then not only CORE will profit but also all the other mods. For the longevity of AOD this is definitely a wise move. :)