• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(90310)

Banned
1 Badges
Jan 3, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron III
Regarding Forum Announcement : Mod Contest

We search especially for the following Material - which in best case, is easy to integrate by copy and paste without replacing huge amounts of current files :

• Historic/Alternative Event Chains
  • National Ideas
  • 1938 / 1940 / 1944 scenario
  • Minister Classes
  • Selfmade Sounds or Music (taking care of copyright here!)
  • Techtree additions
  • Soft-Coding from the "List of Wishes" by Leonaru
  • and what else mod-technical you can think of

If you show skills of profound excellence in your work, we might as well invite you to join the Team.
Good content is always superior to sheer mass - we prefer quality over quantity so dont hestitate to keep stuff small but clean.

The contest will run open ended and all contributors will be contacted by me -Everyone who delivers and gets added will receive rewards ranging from Game Packages to Hard Cash.

If you contribute : Please create a new thread for your Contribution in the User Modification Forum and link it here for subscription into the competition. I will get in contact with you shortly.

I will try to keep the list up to date in #2 post.

Good luck and thanks to all of you,

Your AoD Development Team

Please post a link to your contribution here.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Vietnam clean up pack

This is hardly a full mod, more a big fix: This package

removes all Communist Vietnam minister/leaders from VIE files
removes all Nationalist ministers/leaders from U72 files
adds new historical U72 ministers/leaders with picture
adds the correct flag/shield/counter for both countries.

This will become part of ACIP later, but I don't know when I have time to continue with that mod. Note that the ACIP leader file and this packages leader file are not compatible!

v1.1, some more double leaders have been deleted.

Last edited:
This is hardly a full mod, more a big fix: This package

removes all Communist Vietnam minister/leaders from VIE files
removes all Nationalist ministers/leaders from U72 files
adds new historical U72 ministers/leaders with picture
adds the correct flag/shield/counter for both countries.

This will become part of ACIP later, but I don't know when I have time to continue with that mod. Note that the ACIP leader file and this packages leader file are not compatible!

EDIT: leaders_u72 file fixed.
-Some U72 leader still exit in Nationalist Vietnam file like: Le duan, Nguyen Huu Tho
-Nice work BTW

Fixed. Thank you very much. ;) If there are any more bugs, just list them up.
I hate auto log out, type long text and everything just disappear :mad: .

Something about U72
+Why you add Hoang Minh Chinh, (born in 1920), too young to do anything important in 1936 until early 1970?.
+Nguyen Hai Than was an anti communist, why you add him? (He ally himself with Kuomintang). I also suspected that his pic was incorrect, can you give me source about this pic?
+Phan Khoi was only an journalist and have not played any role in government of Vietminh and later North Vietnam government. I suggest to remove him.
+Can you change name of truong tchinh to Truong Chinh (paradox misspelling)

I hate auto log out, type long text and everything just disappear :mad: .

Something about U72
+Why you add Hoang Minh Chinh, (born in 1920), too young to do anything important in 1936 until early 1970?.
+Nguyen Hai Than was an anti communist, why you add him? (He ally himself with Kuomintang). I also suspected that his pic was incorrect, can you give me source about this pic?
+Phan Khoi was only an journalist and have not played any role in government of Vietminh and later North Vietnam government. I suggest to remove him.
+Can you change name of truong tchinh to Truong Chinh (paradox misspelling)

- Hoang Minh Chinh was added by Paradox, I think.
- Nguyen Hai Than will go to Nat.Vietnam
- Phan Khoi is a hypothetical minister. He was an intellectual and what I read about him made enough for a minister IMO
- misspelling will be corrected

Attachments

• vietnam1.2.rar
    127,6 KB · Views: 77
- Hoang Minh Chinh was added by Paradox, I think.
- Nguyen Hai Than will go to Nat.Vietnam
- Phan Khoi is a hypothetical minister. He was an intellectual and what I read about him made enough for a minister IMO
- misspelling will be corrected
+Hoang Minh Chinh: don't think so, never see him from HoI 2 to arma, I also do not see him in AoD. You may recheck?
+Phan Khoi: uh it ok :D. Actually the guy from military intelligent that was add by paradox, actually they are just poem or journalist :rofl:
+If you want to add more minister for U72, I suggest some key name for you like: Hoang Van Thai, Chu Van Tan, Hoang Minh Dao, Huynh Thuc Khang :D

Hey devs, please do include Titans epic work, especially the new unit icons, improved terrain colours and other new UI icons. Will certainly spice up a lot the vanilla game and I believe majority of players will enjoy the change a lot.