• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All right, so you think that we should have Germany, Italy and Romania as formable nations? none of them existed during the games timeframe, and i think few, if any, back then would have taken you serious if you had come forward with the idea.

Now what i love about this game, is the ability to change everything. So i personally don't really see the problem..
In my eyes i doubt it would have been any more absurd if the king of Scotland united all the Gaelic people, than the creation of Yugoslavia was..

@dafool
Germany was hardly ever a unified nation earlier, atleast it wasn't something people really thought about in the time this game spawns over. Which pretty much makes it as unlikely, as a Celtic union..

EDIT: oh and btw, is the whole "HRE" nation anymore realistic than a celtic union?...

Good sir, please read my post before making the same comments as someone else and then posting the same long rant about it that I have already responded to:

Most other unifications deal with nations that rather formed(Great Britain), were somewhat plausible(Scandinavia), or had earlier or later real counterparts(Germany). Should a nation such as this "Greater Gaelic" nation have a decision? Why not. I'm just saying that it's not really historical and it's incredibly doubtful that PI would ever include such a nation. If you want to add it though, more power to you. That's why modding is an excellent resource for fixing problems on an individual level.

EDIT: oh and btw, is the whole "HRE" nation anymore realistic than a celtic union?...

Sure.

Under Karl der Große and his successors, Germany was unified. Ireland and Brittany never had the same ruler.

Histroically, Scotland formed GB. Act of union in 1707. James VI of Scotland became James I of England a long time before this. Poor England was the junior partner in a PU all that time.

Technically, yes. The Scottish Stuart dynasty became the English Stewart dynasty.

However, in practice rather than theory, the larger state is usually treated as the senior member of the PU given that the king usually moves his court to the more prestigious state.

Quite a few times, for example, the King of Aragon or Spain would make one of his younger sons the King of Sicily, only for the older son to die off childless and for the King of Sicily to inherit Aragon. It was still considered the Crown of Aragon as Aragon was bigger and the royal residence was typically in Barcelona.

It's not as though the King of England was being ruled from Edinburgh, rather the King of Scotland inherited his cousin's throne and moved to England.

All right, so you think that we should have Germany, Italy and Romania as formable nations? none of them existed during the games timeframe, and i think few, if any, back then would have taken you serious if you had come forward with the idea.

In the case of Germany, the German states formed the Hanseatic League, They remaiend the core of the HRE, and the German state was founded on the tailend of the EU3 time frame. Could Germany have formed earlier? Quite Possibly.

I don't know how I missed that.

A) Unified Romania did exist under the EU3 time period, just not under that name. Prince Michael I of Wallachia was also the prince of Transylvania and Moldavia. He ruled all Romanian principalities.

B) There was a King of Germany from the dark ages until the HRE was abolished. And then within two generations there was an Emperor of Germany.

C) Likewise, there was a kingdom of Italy under the auspices of the HRE. Once the HRE was abolished, Napoleon created his own Kingdom of Italy with himself on the throne and his stepson as regent. The Italy in the game is not modeled after today's Italy, hence why the Southern cities are irrelevant towards creating it, and why you get no cores on them after becoming Italy.

I so want this as a mod, because I'm currently playing CK with an Irish Count, and have already conquered all the Celtic Kingdoms (Wales, Ireland, Scotland, the Isles, and Brittany) in the 12th century. I intend to try and get rid of the Norman rulers in England (English will be tolerated, although Anglo-Saxons preferred), and make England the small, weak state there.

In that reality, if and when I transfer over to EU3, GB would be the said pan-Celtic Kingdom, and England would be more like what Ireland was in IRL (would probable be made into a vassal state in EU3).