• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi Gringo! I started my new game on 1.08.2 and I've got the AAR going with it. I love the new events and I'm trying to NOT post about all of them to keep them new for others.

I am now seeing the Battle of the Atlantic messages so that's going great.

You tried to help me make an event for the Italian Armored Corps in a message above. Unfortunately, I simply cannot locate the event you are directing me to copy. I believe that I am looking at db/events/Hungary and just not seeing any event like that. I have tried searching the whole file for the event number as well. Would you please tell me the file path to the event so I can track it down?

....an event for the Italian Armored Corps....

The event below will give Italy the "free" divisions Littorio, Trieste, and Ariete. The armored divisions Littorio and Ariete are obsolete, but the equipment model accurately reflects the tankettes and "armored coffin" models those divisions fielded in North Africa. Italy does not research armor division or motorized infantry divisions in TRM so none of these divisions will be upgraded during the game.

Copy the entire event to the bottom of hoi2.txt file in the db/events folder. The easiest way to do this would be to edit the file with notepad. Make sure to save a copy of the original file before making any changes, in case something goes wrong. The event IS save game compatible so anyone who has already started a game and wants to add this event can do so.

#########################################################################
# Italian Motorized Troops
#########################################################################
event = {
id = 79550
random = no
country = ITA

name = "XX Motorized Corpo"
desc = "The bulk of Italy's armored, mechanized, and motorized forces was compromised of these three divisions."
style = 0
picture = "elalamein"

trigger = {
war = { country = ENG country = ITA }
alliance = { country = GER country = ITA }
OR = {
control = { province = 932 data = GER } # 932 is Tripoli
control = { province = 932 data = ITA }
}
}

date = { day = 1 month = june year = 1940 }
offset = 7
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1999 }

action_a = {
name = "Send reinforcements to North Africa"
command = { type = add_corps which = "XX Motorized Corpo" value = land when = 6150 where = 932 } # od lw pl general in Tripoli
command = { type = add_division which = "133 Divisione Corazzata Littorio" value = light_armor when = 1 where = sp_artillery }
command = { type = add_division which = "101 Divisione Trieste" value = motorized when = 0 where = armored_car }
command = { type = add_division which = "132 Divisione Corazzata Ariete" value = armor when = 1 where = armored_car }
command = { type = manpowerpool value = -45 }
command = { type = metalpool value = -3000 }
command = { type = energypool value = -6000 }
command = { type = rarematerialspool value = -1500 }
}
}

How do you make USSR, Japan, US, UK and the others playable as it was in earlier versions?
Edit the 0_gc_1936.eug file, which is in the AoD/scenarios folder.

Just a few lines down from the top of the file you should see:
selectable = { GER ITA JAP ENG USA SOV DOM }
There you can edit in/out countries, JAP = Japan, ENG = UK and so on.

To have all of them on the flag bar, edit this too (if you don't you can still access these countries by right clicking on whatever flags are available):
selectable = { GER ITA JAP ENG USA SOV DOM }
GER = { }
ITA = { }
JAP = { }
ENG = { }
USA = { }
SOV = { }
DOM = { }

Your welcome. I wonder why Gringoesteban had edited them out.

*Psst* I've updated my TRM AAR for those interested :)

hi
thanks for the mod

any chance this works with the beta 1.09 patch?

I would like to upgrade the Mod, but I'm not able to download the more recent version from Gamefront.

Is it possible to upload the file on a different server ? or teach me the way to overcome the Gamefront limitations (what is VPN ?).

Thanks
Fab

Gringo, is there a problem with Japan not annexing Holland (eg Dutch East Indies) after the dutch capitulation to GER? I MCd Japan and it appears that I get all the Dutch VP provinces but JAP wont annex them. JAP will annex Phillipines in similar circumstances. Is there some other Dutch holding, in a remote location, eg the america's, that I have overlooked? Sorry I havent done a search to see if this has already been discussed.

Yes it is in the Americas, Curacao has a VP for a reason that alludes me (from vanilla).

Hey Gringo,

Great job on the mod. I was finally able to win a game on hard mode but it was definitely a challenge.

How did you create the new AG brigade? It looks like you just added the .txt to the db/units/brigades folder and then added it to the tech tree, etc. But how did you change the gfx picture for the brigade itself? I've been interested in modding the game to make BB main guns a customizable brigade (so that Royal Navy and Kriegsmarine BB's aren't identical, to make it more historically accurate).

Hey Gringo,

Great job on the mod. I was finally able to win a game on hard mode but it was definitely a challenge.

How did you create the new AG brigade? It looks like you just added the .txt to the db/units/brigades folder and then added it to the tech tree, etc. But how did you change the gfx picture for the brigade itself? I've been interested in modding the game to make BB main guns a customizable brigade (so that Royal Navy and Kriegsmarine BB's aren't identical, to make it more historically accurate).

Happy to hear you enjoyed playing TRM.

Making a new brigade is neither easy nor intuitive....

db/units/brigades
choose a brigade model number that is not in use. I suggest using b_u16 for Germany and b_u17 for England. Enter the stats you want the brigade to have.

db/units/division/battleship
at the top add allowed_brigades = b_u16 and allowed_brigades = b_u17

gfx/interface
you need to update auxiliary big and auxiliary
put the brigade icon in the appropriate place. b_u20 is on the far right so count over a few boxes to figure out where to insert b_u16 and b_u17

gfx/interface/models
The pictures go here. Add thirty to get the number. For example b_u16 becomes 46 (16+30)
You will need a picture for each model number. The model number is the last number, and the first one available to be build is model 0.
Ill_bri_ger_46_0
Ill_bri_eng_47_0

or if you just want a generic picture for all countries you don't need to use the GER or ENG and you can simply do
Ill_bri_46_0 and Ill_bri_47_0

Next, you need to activate the nation's ability to build the brigade. You can (i) create a new tech or (ii) add a line to an existing tech to allow construction of that particular brigade or (iii) do it by event. If you only want GER and ENG to have these brigades available, that complicates things. I suppose you could make a new secret weapon tech and make a new event to unlock the ability to research that tech for GER and make another event to unlock the other tech for ENG. The secret weapon techs would active b_u16 and b_u17.

Note that the ENG AI will not put b_u17 on its BB unless you modify the ENG AI files and instruct it to do so. Recent AoD patches improved the ability to instruct the AI on which brigades to put on which divisions. I never updated TRM for that - I used the basic instructions that were available with the initial versions of AoD from years ago.

Good luck.

Any second download location? Seems Gamefront hates Sweden and do not allow us Swedes to get files since Sweden is not among the list of approved countries... or the file has been removed from Gamefront!?.

Having trouble obtaining the optional audio from rapidshare. Do I have to join rapidshare? Anyhow, their web site seems very difficult to navigate around so I doubt whether I could figure out what to do to find Gringo's audio file there.

Gringo, just playing your latest version 1.08.2, late June 41, I got a basic tank destroyer blueprint event but I have already fully researched that tech, plus the next TD tech as well.

I guess I need to take Crete before I get the Africa Corp event, seems that is what happened.

My problem from 1.08.1? with the Rostov infrastructure going very, very low at the lost prov event, and never recovering was definitely a bug with my PC & TRM. I had to fix this by changing the saved game file. Will be interesting to see if TRM 1.08.2 has the same problem.

Last edited:
TRM version 1.08.3

TRM version 1.08.3
3 June 2014
for Arsenal of Democracy 1.08

You can download the latest version of TRM at:

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/92089947/file.html

I think zippyshare.com is legit but my McAfee security software does not like it for some unknown reason. Just to be safe, ensure you only download the “TRM v1.08.3 SRPK.rar” file. Do not download any other files or programs. Also, make sure you do not get redirected to another website.

The checksum is SRPK (when installed over AoD v1.08 SUBR)

I did not create a detailed change control for this release, but here is a quick overview:

• New events, as well as updates to some existing events.
- Many of the new events were inspired by The Wages of Destruction: The Making and Breaking of the Nazi Economy by Adam Tooze.​

• More free units.
- For example, Fallschirm-Panzer-Division 1. Hermann Göring​

• Updated Luftwaffe general traits
- The changes were based on Stopped at Stalingrad the Luftwaffe and Hitler's Defeat in the East 1942-1943 by Joel S. A. Hayward​

• Added several new Secret Weapon techs and changed the year of a few other techs.
- German submarines can now be brigaded with specialized torpedoes which can be researched in the Secret Weapon area.​

• AI improvements to various nations.

• Unit balancing
- For example: Marine, Paratrooper, and Mountain Divisions cost less manpower than previously.​

• Slightly nerfed Axis minors.
- For example, HUN and ROM orders of battle in mid-1941 should now be close to those countries’ historical orders of battle.​

• Minor provincial map adjustments (resource placement, infrastructure, etc.)

• Added missing pictures (leaders, tech, events)

• Bring ‘em On is tougher.

I want to thank Lima Tango for the detailed feedback he provided to me by e-mail. I implemented many of his suggestions in this latest release..

Last edited: