• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aug 22, 2007
Hey everyone.

I was thinking we AoD players could start our own group and even do something new, something rarely done before.

Since there's fewer of us I propose we start a weekend play group on hamachi or a similiar system where we play original and custom scenarios.

Scenarios such as Argentina/Brazil war, Ardennes offensive and in the future what ever mods come here in the form of Yugoslav wars or Turkey-Greek war mod.

These games take shorter amount of time but still test the quality and skill of players. We could also make our alternative goals and scoreboards.

Like let's say 1 week 10 of us decide to play the Ardennes offensive scenario.

So that's 2 players each match, 5 matches total. Either we collect points every week and after 1 month or 3 months there's a winner of most points or we play like a knock-out tournament the whole week where the winners meet each other.

There can be tons of stuff to do and try, in this new concept of playing scenario games. Ofcourse if we ever get enough players we could also try a grand historical game (normal scenario 36 or 38 or 39) and play that.
We could borrow some rules already made in the HoI2 forums to make things go smoother.

So what do you say? Are you guys up for a match?
May the 8th, that's 2 weeks from now, enough to plan and prepare : )

If you want to play please write copy this pamphlete:

I'd like to play, preferably at .......... o'clock - ........... o'clock GMT (-1 CET).
I like these three scenarios the most: 1........ 2......... 3........
OPTIONAL:
If possible I would also like to or/and prefer to play a full historical game with country .............

Last edited:
scenarios are a waste of time. You cant build the forces to your own liking. Go with a normal 36 campaign 4 or 5 hours a week.

Well scenariso are all about combat skill and team-co-ordination.
But I agree they suck. I was just scared there wouldn't be enough of us.

I'll open a hamachi network during the week and maybe even an IRC.

Let's try to get a game hosted on Sunday then, at about 17-18 Central European Time (German/Swedish time).

If there's enough of us we play a full game, if there's not enough we play a big scenario like invasion of Russia or spanish civil war or Ardennes.

Is this going anywhere?