+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Central Banks (Privately owned, non-state owned)

Post Central Banks (Privately owned, non-state owned)

All Private central bank event discussions should be posted here . Thanks
    Last edited by Darken; 23-04-2010 at 02:00.

Smile Central Banks (Privately owned, non-state owned)

Quote Originally Posted by extox View Post
    bug, no port in Cornwall.
    bug2, Calais province decision is pointless as the COT has been moved to Vlanderren and is not in Antwerpen. The chances of one being build there are almost nil as COTs have to be 1000 to be made.
    bug3. The private central bank event is game breaking. The 1 point of inflation per year is ridiculously high. You can mint yourself and make way more money. And i have no idea how to repeal this national bank. You should fix this event by either lowering the negatives or making a government decision to repeal the central bank. (I would do both as the event is currently NEVER worth it.) After looking at the event more in depth (and being an anti central bank libertarian) Maybe the events aren't broken, i see there are some additional options that you get eventually. Ill have to see how it goes (but the inflation modifier is way to high, i really think you should lower it and add a few more events, i might add some myself if i get around to it.)

Thanks, I will try to fix the bugs you listed

well, the whole idea is that a private (central) bank should destroy a nations economy (inflation) in the long run but at the first stages it should make some good bonuses (that is the bait). So, perhaps we just need to increase the bonus parts of having a private (central) banking system. so, this might mean that we need to make the event chain more worthwhile by increasing tax income bonuses or something like thta. I intended all along for this event chain to destroy a nation economicly (inflation). I must admit that I have not play tested this sytem much. what do you think? incease taxes or do you still think I need to reduce penalties? BTW, there is events eventualy to get out of the event chain (if you didnt notice), do they need to happen more often?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

ya after viewing the event chain i noticed the ways to get out of it. I would suggest you lower the inflation to something slightly less, such as .50 that way your country inst destroyed in 20 years with is not historical. Maybe even .40. Because even with the bonuses it gives inflation is too high to make it worth it. A 75% bonus income tax doesnt even come close to 1 inflation per year minimum. Even in the short run it isnt worth it =(

I would add an event that fires when you get a new monarch that has a one month MTTH, allowing you the decision to do away with the bank. Maybe a civil war breaks out with banker funded pretenders

Options for this event,
    1) Keep the bank as it is, -x inflation (makes ya wanna select this option)
    2) Do away with the bank (pretender made, and temporary minus to income)

So in conclusion i would suggest moding the triggered modifier to something like .40 inflation, and ya could keep the current bonus. Also i dont see how the negative diplomatic penalty plays into this?

Also the event fired far to early in my opinion, 1420ish.

Something odd i just got urbino needs to discover madiera hehe
    Last edited by extox; 27-03-2009 at 09:08.
    There once was a man from Nantucket, His .....

EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

i had to quit that game, the central bank ruined it for me. =)

ya after viewing the event chain i noticed the ways to get out of it. I would suggest you lower the inflation to something slightly less, such as .50 that way your country inst destroyed in 20 years with is not historical. Maybe even .40. Because even with the bonuses it gives inflation is too high to make it worth it. A 75% bonus income tax doesnt even come close to 1 inflation per year minimum. Even in the short run it isnt worth it =(

I would add an event that fires when you get a new monarch that has a one month MTTH, allowing you the decision to do away with the bank. Maybe a civil war breaks out with banker funded pretenders

Options for this event,
    1) Keep the bank as it is, -x inflation (makes ya wanna select this option)
    2) Do away with the bank (pretender made, and temporary minus to income)

So in conclusion i would suggest moding the triggered modifier to something like .40 inflation, and ya could keep the current bonus. Also i dont see how the negative diplomatic penalty plays into this?

Also the event fired far to early in my opinion, 1420ish.

Something odd i just got urbino needs to discover madiera hehe
    I will reduce the inflation from 1.0 to 0.6. This way it is still impossible (unless perhaps with a advisor) to reduce inflation even if the national bank idea is used and tax accessors are in every province. The event will happen less often now before 1600.
    I will also be adding AI choice modifiers for those events so it gives more AI variety and I will add more modifiers for the event that lets you get out of the private bank situation.

Nah i was saying i like that mod i just thought it wasnt implemented properly but if the game cant represent a number that small then my bad ehhehe

BTW, I will be adding your idea to force the private central bank on the player under certain circumstances. well, rather, there will be a random chance for each circumstance. so there might be like ten things that each give a random chance of adding the private central bank to the player. This seems realistic to me. what do you think? I might actualy start doing this mroe often with other events.

i agree its horrible, darken seems very set to keep it as it is, so i just deleted all the private bank events.

i agree its horrible, darken seems very set to keep it as it is, so i just deleted all the private bank events.
    Ah, ok. And how to remove the event? (I know how to remove the flag in the savegames)

Quote Originally Posted by Szabtom View Post
    Well the base growth is around 5%. I think a 10% bonus is quite high, and 20-25% can be considered as extremely high. Tirol reached pop 999999 in 1460.

About the Private banking modifier - when does it go away? It gives 1% inflation in less than 2 years (0.60 per year) which means that at zero minting you get to 100% inflation in about 90 years. That is horrible, is it wad? Or did you want to use 0.06%?
    the mine modifiers are fixed now with a maximum of +25% growth. thanks for reporting this.

the private (central) bank modifier is completely WAD. It goes away when you get a event and try to defy the bank. the bonus for having a private bank should be somewhat worth it but only for the first few decades. so, I dont want to change the inflation penalty as its WAD, but if you want to help adjust the bonuses we can discuss it.
    Shalom
    John F. Kennedy
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day."

John 8:32
    "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
    Martin Luther King
    "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is aproaching spiritual death."

Quote Originally Posted by Szabtom View Post
    Ah, ok. And how to remove the event? (I know how to remove the flag in the savegames)
    open up the mod\Terra Nova\events\TN Economy.txt file and then delete the first three events at the top of the file. You should also get rid of the PB_yes flag from any nation in your save game if you do this. if you play a new game and get the private bank event, i suggest that you use the cheat option so that you dont have to do this.

that works but it would be better to just use the cheat option unless you dont want the AI to get these events.

10.73 will be released tonight or tomarow and will have the new 1899 date and a few new units and nations. I think i still have a CTD to fix though but i might have fixed it. so i might have to release it as a backup and get help to try to fix the CTD from you and 17blue17

+ Reply to Thread