• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This evening was great !

First really great lessons from Samilou and hdk on sword and shield in mellee combat... followed by training on the 22nd siege server. I keep getting my @$$ whooped... but definitely less than usual.

I look forward friday evening for a new training session
bien.gif

Last edited:
*quickely edits his post*

It was me and not HDK.

... but... but... that's what i wrote ! :eek:

:D

Sorry, Samilou, shouldn't have written that post when tired as i was, just before going to bed :eek:o

I could have sword we had some training too

together with maximus and some weird guy who was pretty good ;)

Damn, i knew i should have gone to bed earlier... :wacko:

I'm tryin to remember who i had training with... it was not one or the other... it was with both...:p

Damn, i knew i should have gone to bed earlier... :wacko:

I'm tryin to remember who i had training with... it was not one or the other... it was with both...:p

You had mellee training with me only at first, then we switched to cavalry for a while and soon more players joined in, and then it wasn't really training anymore. Then HDK came after a (long) while.

You had mellee training with me only at first, then we switched to cavalry for a while and soon more players joined in, and then it wasn't really training anymore. Then HDK came after a (long) while.

And it was all blurry for me... i was concentrating on the technique... sorry guys for the mix up.

Indeed the duel turned into a big wide mess :p

Cavalry fighting remains my "black beast" as we say in France. My problem remains at what moment to should hit with my lance... as i usually hit when i already passed the ennemy...

And it was all blurry for me... i was concentrating on the technique... sorry guys for the mix up.

Indeed the duel turned into a big wide mess :p

Cavalry fighting remains my "black beast" as we say in France. My problem remains at what moment to should hit with my lance... as i usually hit when i already passed the ennemy...

Hit rather sooner than later when using a lance (how soon depends on how long your lance is and how fast your horse is moving).

Heheheh... yeah, it's the "how soon" part that is the problem with me :p

Heheheh... yeah, it's the "how soon" part that is the problem with me :p

It needs to be planted into your autonomous nerve system, which can only happen with hours of training, with human players. Self-confidence is important too. And always be on your guard, be alert and active (to the brink of behaving like you are hyper-active) at all times. As a cavalryman you have the luxury of usually being able to choose who to fight almost all the time, and you should prioritize the most vulnerable enemies (unexpecting ones), including those engaged in battle with your own team. But you need to avoid running into things, so adjust speed accordingly all the time.

Last edited:
[...] (to the brink of behaving like you are hyper-active) at all times

My wife already hates to see me play that game ; she says i become nervous and irritable when i'm fighting :rofl:

hehe I become hyper and full of adrenaline (probably why it's so addivtive :p)
also I get mad when interrupted (especially if I die :p)

Yeah, i usually snap at here when she tries to talk to me when aiming or when in a mellee.

And i get really mad when killed by friendly fire, especially excessive bot stupidity or tking on purpose

hehe I become hyper and full of adrenaline (probably why it's so addivtive :p)
also I get mad when interrupted (especially if I die :p)

Yeah, i usually snap at here when she tries to talk to me when aiming or when in a mellee.

And i get really mad when killed by friendly fire, especially excessive bot stupidity or tking on purpose

As for me, I almost completely ignore people while playing, although I tend to look for a safe spot so I can get rid of whoever is talking to me in a civilized manner, or get things repeated to me so I can understand what they are saying. Getting hyperactive or full of adrenaline is probably just good for me, it hardly ever happens to me in RL or any other games I play (maybe a bit of adrenaline when I get mad from time to time, but that's all).

When I game, I tend to tune out everything else. My wife doesn't care for that, but she usually leaves me alone while I game. I guess she hates to have to repeat herself. The same thing happens when I watch some TV, as well.

It may have been a while ago, but HDK, you promised screenshots.

I think my wife is waiting for me to start plaing multiplayer M&B Warband, she always have something important that she wants to discuss when I play this game. In the game I always get angry when I have friendly players with 2 handed weapons around me that can't control their swings. Even if they don't kill me right away they most probably will hurt me and sometimes just as I will strike ,friendly 2 handers hit me and I lose momentum and the oppenent take the oppertunity to kill me. I just hate crowded melees. Also I hate friendly archers that fire into a melee and striking me as much as my enemy. Just stupid and irritating. Also I hate when playing siege or CTF or other objective oriented play modes and my teammates doesn't really play to win but instead just to rack up a good kill to death ratio.

Yeah, that is really annoying.

Sorry that I haven't been around the recent couple of days, been busy with school

Guys, have you experienced any problem on our server (lag or shutdown)? I've checked through the files and noticed that some people have complained about lag issues. Hdk is one of them, but he always complains about lag ;)

Well, Jestserver sent this message:

I have been getting a few spam comments to my Warband section on my website.
It came from a Turkey based IP address with the same provider I recently banned on a game server for griefing people.
They then proceeded to flood the server with connections, which I also blocked.
If you are having any odd behavior
This comment came a day later:

A new comment on the post "Mount and Blade Warband Servers" is waiting for your approval
http://main.jestservers.com/2010-03/rent-mount-and-blade-warband-dedicated-server/

Author : XXXXXXXXXXXX
E-mail : XXXXXXXXXXXX
URL :
Whois : XXXXXXXXXXXX
Comment:
SASADSDASDAASDASDASDAAADASDASDA

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

This might have been the problem. Nice to see that it's fixed now

Nice, thanks for keeping us up to date, Wetew.

For tonight, i'm not sure i'll get to the servers, having a heavy schedule. During the week-end, i definitely won't have time to come. Sorry :eek:o