• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We should definitively fix a training schedule, especially now when we have our own server...

Anyone playing?

Came in the evening but there was nobody... so went in battles on one of the IG servers, as there was quite a few players there.

I'm getting quite fair archer, but still having strategic difficulties as a crossbowman, and still quite lousy with a sword or a mace. As an archer, i'm starting to hold my own with just a bow and arrows, and no other weapons :p

Came in the evening but there was nobody... so went in battles on one of the IG servers, as there was quite a few players there.

I'm getting quite fair archer, but still having strategic difficulties as a crossbowman, and still quite lousy with a sword or a mace. As an archer, i'm starting to hold my own with just a bow and arrows, and no other weapons :p

You need to be able to defend yourself from nasty surprises forcing you into mellee.

My evenings are all planned for the week... my trainings will be tommorrow and friday ;)

I'm judge in a Vicky2 AAR contest... and i'm late on schedule :p

some training tonight? :) we could do some training (battle) maybe if we get atleast 4 vs 4 :)

Battles are usually not so good for training, except for organisation.

Talking about training, would there be a volunteer, tommorrow evening, to come on the training-grounds (with no bots, of course), to train me in hand-to-hand combat... starting with lessons, before we get to training please ? with possibly a couple of tips for shooting ?

pretty please ?

Talking about training, would there be a volunteer, tommorrow evening, to come on the training-grounds (with no bots, of course), to train me in hand-to-hand combat... starting with lessons, before we get to training please ? with possibly a couple of tips for shooting ?

pretty please ?

I could do it, but I am quite useless in shieldless mellee.

I can try :p

teamspeak would help doh :p how far are we with donations ? :p

You'll have to teach me how to use it first :D

I could do it, but I am quite useless in shieldless mellee.

I'm useless in mellee altogether... so a first training with shield in handy :p

tbh I was very useless in mellee when NOP started...I was a cavalry god :p
now i'm ok as cav and pretty good with 1h or as a xbow. playing siege alot changed me :p and I learned a few tricks :p

I did first try a 2h and got good at it but it has alot of disadvantage against 1h in siege :p
you might try that? go on TDM in a village or nord town with a 2h sword on swadia... (no horsies :p)

Last night, i did some training. At first about 20-30 min on the NY server on the training grounds, adding one bot against me :

• As an archer against a crossbowman, i won every engagement.

• As an archer with a one hand mace and no shield against an infantry with shield, i was lousy, but managed to kill a couple of them (getting killed twice as much in the process).

• As an infantry with a two hand weapon (i think it was a bardiche), i got killed over and over.

Following that, i went on a server with sieges.

• As crossbowman with sledgehammer (maul they call it in game ?) as attacker, i held my own, even somewhat in melee.

• As an archer with a one hand sword as attacker, i managed to fight this my bow, but was lousy with the sword.

Ended up leaving because of a few teamkilling b@st@rds...

I will probably be on the NY Training Grounds around 19h30CET tonight in a fight against a bot... unless one of you guys come teach me a lesson ;)
Around 20h00CET, i'll be switching server depending on where you guys go
bien.gif

I will probably be on the NY Training Grounds around 19h30CET tonight in a fight against a bot... unless one of you guys come teach me a lesson ;)
Around 20h00CET, i'll be switching server depending on where you guys go
bien.gif

Why not the proper 32 player server? Lags a lot less, and most of the time there aren't other players there anyhow.

bon btw what server did you play siege on? I like 22nd and perkele :) the tkers are practically gone and with an admin no stupid people opening doors either

Usually i go on 22nd, but here the KDL server had the best balance of ping and number of players (with a module i have on my computer).

Why not the proper 32 player server? Lags a lot less, and most of the time there aren't other players there anyhow.

Not a bad idea, ping is indeed low on that one (around 40 on TDM, instead of around 100 on NY). Hesitated to add a bot there... i won't today
bien.gif

training was fun we should do it more often :)

again next week? hopefully we could get 8 players to get some tactics training :)

I think the most important training of all is to train on working as a united group, that is moving together cooperating, this is extremely valuable in battle mode. I'm still thinking of the idea of joining the training sessions of other more established clans to see how they work, and learn from them. Maybe we should even think of joining as a substitute wing of another clan, becoming de facto members of the clan in question but maintaining the Paradoxian identity and some independence, for the sake of tutoring us in the ways of clan management. Alternatively we could bring in experienced guest members to the clan to tutor us. But the subclan idea is probably going to be the most fruitful.

Last edited: