+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Patch released!

Patch released!

If you go to your gamersgate account you can see a Patch 5.16, its the actual Patch7(englisch/german)
    I hope the link works for everyone:
    http://patches.gamersgate.com/k1943_patch7e.zip
    (English/german, 42MB)

Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943
    Patch #7E
    (Includes update up to ver. 5.16)

------------------------------------
    1. INSTALL

1) Unpack archive.
    1) Run kharkov_patch_v516e.exe to update core game files to 5.16.
    2) Click ( ? ) in main game menu.
    3) In the updater window, click "Install".
    4) In the unpacked folder select desc.addpack in 'CORE_EN' for English update, 'CORE_DE' for German update.
    5) Click "Save and play".

Changes in patch #7E
    1) Targets visible to a selected unit or vehicle are now highlighted.
    2) Grenades' interaction algorithm with tree branches has been modified.
    3) Detachments' visibility indication algorithm has been modified.
    4) Default camera position [Num+5] setup logic has been modified. Now the camera rotates north.
    5) Aircrafts' actions algorithm has been corrected.
    6) Wehrmacht operations have been modified.
    7) Some minor improvements and fixes have been implemented.
    8) Czech soldiers names updated for more historical accuracy.

Attention! The patch requires DirectX February 2010 update to function correctly.
    Please update your DirectX version from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displayLang=en

Update for Direct2Drive-/Impulse Version,etc...(19.04)

Quote Originally Posted by theReaver View Post
    For everyone who's waiting for the D2D version patch - you can download the regular patch, and use the extracted core files from here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/998737/K1943_516_core_files.zip
    Just unzip that archive to your game root directory, and then follow steps 2-5 to install the update!
    Thanks to "theReaver"
    Last edited by Xambrium; 19-04-2010 at 21:30.

Major
    Achtung PanzerCities in MotionDiplomacyLegioMagicka
    Sword of the Stars

Will I be able to continue with my current games?

(this doesn't destroy my saved games - right?)

Quote Originally Posted by czar1111 View Post
    Will I be able to continue with my current games?

(this doesn't destroy my saved games - right?)
    Its says its highly recommented to make a new profile, if you start a new Campaign..i dont know if it effects the currend game (german campaigns are modified)

Homo ludens Demi Moderator nachinus's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandHoi 2 Beta500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

It's pretty surprising that the patch hasn't been officialy announced here.

The changelist is great, specially numers 1 and 2.

There are no pathfinding fixes, though.
    "El mundo está cambiando, la música está cambiando, las drogas están cambiando. Incluso los hombres y las mujeres están cambiando. Dentro de mil años ya no habrá tíos ni tías, sólo gilipollas.
    Renton, Trainspotting

Mod EU:Rome - Ancient Warfare 1.05 para VV 2.32
    EU:Rome AAR: Crónicas Cornelias
    EU:Rome Vae Victis AAR: 'Anekdota': la Historia Secreta del Imperio Seléucida
    AARs Battle of Britain 2: Diarios del tiempo de las Águilas / Die Tage der Adler

well...I try to run kharkov_patch_v516e.exe ...but it says that the game isn't installed!..I have last edition of DirectX

Major
    Achtung PanzerCities in MotionDiplomacyLegioMagicka
    Sword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Robin40 View Post
    well...I try to run kharkov_patch_v516e.exe ...but it says that the game isn't installed!..I have last edition of DirectX
    When you installed the game - did you put it in the 'Default Directory' (the one the game chooses automatically) or did you put it in a custom set up?

Also, are you in the correct profile? (Admin).

Both of these things have caought me out before (with other games) so I always check those first.

Default directory
    "C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Achtung Panzer\starter.exe"

Admin rights

I have the same problem as Robin40.
    Is this patch supposed to work with the Direct2Drive version as well? Maybe its not out for others yet thats why no announcement?

Also I don't have it installed in default location (I have f:\games\paradox etc) - please don't tell me its this stupid that it cannot let me choose where the game is or look in the registry for a key. Having games installed on the system drive is basically idiotic... also my c: is just a small boot partition since I dual-boot...grrr

I have the same problem with the patch, so I suspect this patch version is specific to Gamersgate (I got my copy from Direct2Drive).

Great news, thanks for the heads-up.

Baska
    Achtung PanzerRome Gold

Here the same problem, also a D2D copy. Hope a patch for that version will be available soon!

Bas

yes....me too Direct2Dive copy

no patch for d2d version?
    Der Krieg ist der Kaiserschnitt der Menschheit: Er entbindet gewaltsam die Geister.

Take it easy. The patch made almost no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathduck View Post
    I have the same problem as Robin40.
    Is this patch supposed to work with the Direct2Drive version as well? Maybe its not out for others yet thats why no announcement?

Also I don't have it installed in default location (I have f:\games\paradox etc) - please don't tell me its this stupid that it cannot let me choose where the game is or look in the registry for a key. Having games installed on the system drive is basically idiotic... also my c: is just a small boot partition since I dual-boot...grrr
    It doesn't have anything to do with the install path, it's just that D2D version uses a different installer and different registry keys, so the core files updater can't detect it.

For everyone who's waiting for the D2D version patch - you can download the regular patch, and use the extracted core files from here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/998737/K1943_516_core_files.zip
    Just unzip that archive to your game root directory, and then follow steps 2-5 to install the update!

re

Can confirm this works - thanks!

Having spent 2 weeks in Wales I can finally try that realism mod.

Quote Originally Posted by theReaver View Post
    It doesn't have anything to do with the install path, it's just that D2D version uses a different installer and different registry keys, so the core files updater can't detect it.

For everyone who's waiting for the D2D version patch
    Great! I put it in the initial posting! Thank you!

Stupid D2D, I'm never buying from them again ... I actually purchased it a second time from Gamersgate just to get the patch working, not that expensive anyway

Many thanks to theReaver for unpacking the files though, very useful for a lot of ppl!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast