• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Famously you’ve said that if Victoria 2 makes a profit, you are going to shave your head. Will this be video taped at the office and released to the forums? Have any other CEOs made such an offer based on product sales that you are aware of?

FW: I am unaware of other CEOs making this type of bet. When this happens, we will of course share it with the fans.
There's this, perhaps bets like these are a scandinavian thing?

Stalin vs. Martians was a real game? :eek:

Yep, and a really bad one.

Scored 21 points (out of hundred - although no game has ever scored hundred) in a Finnish game magazine which named the biggest pro as the fact that a definition of a horrible game got clearer - It still did beat Britney's Dance beat though :rofl:.
I have to say that I've never played more unclear game.

Last edited:
I love Paradox and Gamersgate, but some of the games on Gamersgate are hard to tell apart from bad April 1 jokes. :wacko:

Really happy to see you guys growing like this.

I do not believe in DRM as a method of fighting piracy. Our way of fighting piracy is trying to give more value to people who actually bought the game. We are working on a few projects at the moment that will hopefully be appreciated by our gamers.

Crazy Swedes ;) More power to the platypus.

More seriously though, why do you feel that this kind of approach seems to work for Paradox?

With all the social networking, do you see yourself releasing something like a Hoi-lite or something for Facebook/etc.?

Or a CK-lite with all the scheming, etc.?

With all the social networking, do you see yourself releasing something like a Hoi-lite or something for Facebook/etc.?

That would be cool actually.

What a grand idea! Would be nice if Paradox kicks that farm-game-thingy from the radar :D

Nice interview. The talk about the DRM policy of paradox is the best part.

That would be cool actually.

What a grand idea! Would be nice if Paradox kicks that farm-game-thingy from the radar :D

Thanks, the more i think about it the more i want it.

The hoi-lite clone might center on combat only, maybe as a kind of play by email thing with your buddies, round based of course then.

That CK-lite thing i could imagine to be very awesome, hehe imagine having your own little kingdom, then marrying some friend of yours in your friendlist who also plays to enlarge your empire, create offspring, etc. :D

Sort of like Oh let's see how Singleton's and Schuermann's offspring would be like. *offspring created* oh god it inherited the retarded and introverted genes. curse you! :rofl:

Hmmm the more i think about it the more interesting it becomes.
Problem is the game have to be free of charge i guess, but then you could always go the Farmville route with ads and ingame cash to be bought with real cash. Plus the free PR for your other games you offer, like "if you like CK lite, maybe you'd also enjoy the real deal?"

Quick, Johan, Fredrik, or whoever, start brainstorming!

Nice idea! I'd play CK-lite or CrusaderVille, as it should be known. Just playing as a dynasty would be a cool little distraction.