+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: No Time Limit Mod

Thank you so much it works, I am now on december 1927!

Thanks for taking the time to help me out

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    Here you go. I edited the bugged up techs back to the normal levels. Hopefully it won't happen again, but if it does, I'll look into changing the numbers in the tech files around again to maybe add in even more techs that are closer together in date.

However, if I do add more, I probably still won't really have them do anything. I mean, if people request it or something, I might do it. But unless asked for, I just want to leave it a simple time extension mod.
    Bless you sir! You have made my week!!! Thank you for your work!

By the way, how can I edit my save game from Vanilla to play past 1821 in this mod? I read that you can open the save file in notepad, but what do I need to look for?

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whitehorn799 View Post
    By the way, how can I edit my save game from Vanilla to play past 1821 in this mod? I read that you can open the save file in notepad, but what do I need to look for?
    You don't have to. Just put the save into the mod's save game folder. There is no end date specified in the save, only in the defines.txt.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Oh...... I see what I did. I copied the saves over then forgot to switch the launcher to play the mod instead of vanilla. LOL. My mistake! Thanks so much!

Orange sorry to bother you again but it looks like my governement tech is bugging :S It gained 3 tech levels in 3 months.

if you have the time could you explain how you fixed my first file so i could try and fix it myself?

thanks in advance

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezz59 View Post
    Orange sorry to bother you again but it looks like my governement tech is bugging :S It gained 3 tech levels in 3 months.

if you have the time could you explain how you fixed my first file so i could try and fix it myself?

thanks in advance
    Gah...

I'll edit the files and add more tech levels.

As for your save, I opened it in notepad++, searched for "government_tech={XX" and then edited the tech back.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I'm looking at getting out new versions for HTTT and DW tonight or tomorrow.

Dezz, if you haven't been able to edit your save, upload it again and I'll send back a corrected version along with the new versions of the mods.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    New versions have been uploaded for both HTTT and DW. I've put in a modifier that will fire about the time you hit the end of EU3's vanilla time frame. It will raise the cost of all techs by 99%, which should stop all the bugging up of techs. If it doesn't work, tell me.

Ship Simulator Extremes

It's 1886 and I'm crashing now. Parguay are at level 150 and it crashes once they hit maximum. HRE aren't far behind.

Yet when I load up the game as them, it says that their tech levels are around 80 although the ledger says 150. sure enough their levels are raising up slowly when I watch them on the tech screen but on the ledger up and up they go.

I'll just manually add more levels to the tech for now, but how can I sort this long-term?

Edit: I changed some people's tech levels in my save file but they just creep back up, about one level every few months. Now Spain is coming at me with Trade Tech 148. Why are their techs rising so high? I don't even have tech level 70 for anything yet. (oriental, massive Russia)
    Last edited by DDRJake; 12-03-2011 at 07:43.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    It's 1886 and I'm crashing now. Parguay are at level 150 and it crashes once they hit maximum. HRE aren't far behind.

Yet when I load up the game as them, it says that their tech levels are around 80 although the ledger says 150. sure enough their levels are raising up slowly when I watch them on the tech screen but on the ledger up and up they go.

I'll just manually add more levels to the tech for now, but how can I sort this long-term?

Edit: I changed some people's tech levels in my save file but they just creep back up, about one level every few months. Now Spain is coming at me with Trade Tech 148. Why are their techs rising so high? I don't even have tech level 70 for anything yet. (oriental, massive Russia)
    The newest beta patch has apparently fixed the crash that happens when you reach a maximum tech level. I'd try that first.

The techs rise so high when the "ahead of time" penalty makes monthly research go into the negative. They then get the next tech automatically. I obviously didn't place the techs close enough together to stop this. However, the newest beta patch should've solved this. If it didn't, I'll try again.

Ship Simulator Extremes

I have the 5.1 beta patch.

How about just making a 10,000 line long tech file so even if they keep going up in level, it doesn't really matter? seems an easy/lazy way around the tech problem.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    I have the 5.1 beta patch.

How about just making a 10,000 line long tech file so even if they keep going up in level, it doesn't really matter? seems an easy/lazy way around the tech problem.
    Problem is that you have to individually type out each... single... line... I don't want to do a file that long unless I figure out some way to automate it.

Ship Simulator Extremes

just set it up in a C compiler in a loop. tech={n+1} year = [n+1]*100 all the way up to 10,000.

Saying that, I should do it myself. probably will. Still, it'd be nice not to have the techs problem in the first place.

EDIT: This is more or less what I've done. my techs files contain over 50,000 techs. good luck getting through all that, Spain!
    Last edited by DDRJake; 12-03-2011 at 19:54.

Recruit
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

I just installed this and have come upon something curious. Im running DW 5.1 with the most recent Betas. When I booted up a new Portugal game and tried to colonise the Azores, the colonist time came in at 650000 days!

any ideas?

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by patchychris View Post
    I just installed this and have come upon something curious. Im running DW 5.1 with the most recent Betas. When I booted up a new Portugal game and tried to colonise the Azores, the colonist time came in at 650000 days!

any ideas?
    Do you know how to clear your map cache?

And are you sure you have DW? I only see you having HT registered. If you put a DW patch on HT, I'm sure all kinds of craziness would ensue.

Recruit
    Europa Universalis IV

yep def have dw 5.1. Also map cashe is cleared every time I install a new patch or beta.
    I've tried twice now from a brand new install, everthing is fine and dandy. Lastly I install teh no time limit mod, and the very next game, 600000+days to send a colonist to Azores!!

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    yep def have dw 5.1. Also map cashe is cleared every time I install a new patch or beta.
    I've tried twice now from a brand new install, everthing is fine and dandy. Lastly I install teh no time limit mod, and the very next game, 600000+days to send a colonist to Azores!!
    This is the early 1400s, right? Does the mod somehow have a map cache folder?

Recruit
    Europa Universalis IV

Yes, game started from 1399,although Ive tried a later date with same effect. Should mention there are no other mods installed.

I copied the mod files straight to the game folder, is that not right(dont say I being a total.....). So no there is no specific map cache folder for the mod

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Yes, game started from 1399,although Ive tried a later date with same effect. Should mention there are no other mods installed.

I copied the mod files straight to the game folder, is that not right(dont say I being a total.....). So no there is no specific map cache folder for the mod
    Technically what you did is fine, it just changes your checksum and now you're not compatible for MP play. That's why there's a mod switcher.

But anyway, can you start up the game, get to where you can send a colonist, then upload and give me a link to the save?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast