Thread: No Time Limit Mod

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

No Time Limit Mod

I don't know if there already is one, but I just saw another couple threads in the main forum so I threw this together real quick.

Last edited by OrangeYoshi; 15-12-2011 at 19:10.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Bumped because people have started asking how to edit the time limit again.

This thread should be stickied. Seriously.

I am having a problem with this, maybe you can help me out. I replaced the original technologies folder and defines txt. with the two that were provided but now when I run EU3 HttT it crashes on "April 1st, 1820". Any advice?

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by odoinn222 View Post
    I am having a problem with this, maybe you can help me out. I replaced the original technologies folder and defines txt. with the two that were provided but now when I run EU3 HttT it crashes on "April 1st, 1820". Any advice?
    Would you mind sending me the save game over email so I can check it out?

PM me for my email address.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I have reuploaded a modified version with a tech every 100 years until the year 10300.

@odoinn222: You're save should work now. In my test, the wacky tech bug catipulted the AI up to 10 techs ahead of you (and Austria up to trade tech 81) but since those techs don't provide any further benefit, it won't actually effect you.

Still seems to be the same download, hmmm

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Fixed. I had uploaded under the wrong name.

Sorry to keep bothering you but the download is still the same...

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Sorry to keep bothering you but the download is still the same...
    I did some yelling, banged the keyboard around a bit, and now it's fixed.

Aha! Thanks for the mod. Hope your keyboard still works properly

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Aha! Thanks for the mod. Hope your keyboard still works properly
    Yeah... it was a joke. There is no way I'm banging around a $140 keyboard.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Question relating to the tech files other than government such as land.

Paradox continues the tech information like fire values to each line even if they do not change while you left the amounts blank for the extra years. Does the game just keep using the last known values or will it default to zero for such things as fire and shock values once it reaches your added years? I would think you would want to repeat the last existing years data for all the added years to be safe.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    Question relating to the tech files other than government such as land.

Paradox continues the tech information like fire values to each line even if they do not change while you left the amounts blank for the extra years. Does the game just keep using the last known values or will it default to zero for such things as fire and shock values once it reaches your added years? I would think you would want to repeat the last existing years data for all the added years to be safe.
    The values simply continue on from the last defined change, so they'll never just revert back to zero.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Have a lot of problems with this, like population growth is huge, heirs don't inherit at right time/ever, etc. No idea why mine is all weird. Anyway updated to Beta TTT3 patch now instead.
    --From ..A book Bernard Cornwell's Vagabond.
    "...They tried to ambush the coin for my ransom, if you believe it! It was just envy, it seems, for he was poor."

"And now he's dead, my lord?" Thomas asked, amused.

"Dear me, no" his lordship said reprovingly, "he's in a very deep hole in the bottom of my keep. Deep down with the rats. I throw him coins every now and then to remind him why he's there."

Time of Reckoning: Of Diplomacy, Empire and Intrigue AAR Thread

MP IRC Channel for EU3

Quote Originally Posted by Snall View Post
    Have a lot of problems with this, like population growth is huge, heirs don't inherit at right time/ever, etc. No idea why mine is all weird. Anyway updated to Beta TTT3 patch now instead.
    Copy the defines text from vanilla to the folder of the No Time Limit mod. Then, edit the defines text so that the end date is 9999.1.1.

You have successfully updated the mod to work with the April 29th beta.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Ok I'll check it when I get home thanks.
    --From ..A book Bernard Cornwell's Vagabond.
    "...They tried to ambush the coin for my ransom, if you believe it! It was just envy, it seems, for he was poor."

"And now he's dead, my lord?" Thomas asked, amused.

"Dear me, no" his lordship said reprovingly, "he's in a very deep hole in the bottom of my keep. Deep down with the rats. I throw him coins every now and then to remind him why he's there."

Time of Reckoning: Of Diplomacy, Empire and Intrigue AAR Thread

MP IRC Channel for EU3

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xwarq View Post
    Copy the defines text from vanilla to the folder of the No Time Limit mod. Then, edit the defines text so that the end date is 9999.1.1.

You have successfully updated the mod to work with the April 29th beta.
    Did the 29th patch change the defines.txt file yet again? I haven't upgraded yet due to MP reasons so I can't check it.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    I think it did (though not sure what anymore).

Adding your mod to the Master Mod List.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox! •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I'll be checking to make sure this is compatible with DW within the next couple days. It should be unless Paradox changed the defines.txt file again.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    It should be unless Paradox changed the defines.txt file again.
    They did. Also the tech files.
    Last edited by jdrou; 28-12-2010 at 08:25.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast