• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good news about China, I'm always disappointed to see them losing so quickly against the Japanese.

There will be plenty of room for further improvement in the form of a CORE 0.5.0 release... With AoD in the picture it certainly warrants to continue development of CORE2 for AoD, as well as working on CORE3 for HoI3. Which is quite different from our plans about a year ago. With the increase in team size we're confident we can handle both. :)

Sounds great!

With Mexbuild's new world-map, AoD has the potential to be the ultimate Hearts of Iron platform. HoI3 with or without SF will probably struggle to catch up. Developing CORE for the former should IMO be highly prioritised..

Sounds great!

With Mexbuild's new world-map, AoD has the potential to be the ultimate Hearts of Iron platform. HoI3 with or without SF will probably struggle to catch up. Developing CORE for the former should IMO be highly prioritised..

Mumia's E3 map is superior even now and should be finished much earlier. Besides there was an alteration of CORE 0.4 prepared for earlier release of E3 map so it should be easier too.

Sounds great!

Mumia's E3 map is superior even now and should be finished much earlier. Besides there was an alteration of CORE 0.4 prepared for earlier release of E3 map so it should be easier too.

If we can choose (i.e. alternate) between two maps this will improve the longevity of AOD and CORE. :)

Well, I was quite excited about the new maps when I saw them. I also started to think about the work involved in using them and my excitement was reduced.

If you ask me to make a guess: if a really good map-mod comes out CORE will probably use it. But it is a huge job and there is no way that we would use two maps alternatively. This would mean splitting the mod into two sub-mods.

Just to give you an idea:
* First of all there is the map, which you get from the map modders
* Then you have to change every .inc file to distribute the provinces to the countries of your mod
* Then you have to modify all OOBs because the units sit in specific provinces
* Then you have to edit the complete resource and IC distribution of the new map (because CORE uses a different and very realistic resource distribution)
* Then you have to check every AA, land and coastal fort and adapt it
* And then you have to look at EVERY event that is tied to provinces, wether in the trigger or in the effects and change it. Considere that there are AI events that check for provinces changing hands and switch AI files according to this. Add surrender events, any territorial handover, units being activated in certain places by event, IC and resources being changed by events....
* Ah, now that I write it: you have to change the complete AI because it refers to provinces to defend, attack, build IC, airfields and ports in.
* Another dozen things I have forgotten here

Cheers,

T.

Yes, there will be a lot of work. But it will be worth it.

From what I understand, AoD will sooner or later officially convert to Mexbuild's world-map. That will be a huge improvement, one that CORE cannot do without.. ;)

Well, I was quite excited about the new maps when I saw them. I also started to think about the work involved in using them and my excitement was reduced.

If you ask me to make a guess: if a really good map-mod comes out CORE will probably use it. But it is a huge job and there is no way that we would use two maps alternatively. This would mean splitting the mod into two sub-mods.

Just to give you an idea:
(...)

It wasn't my intention to demand that CORE allows us to alternate between two maps (i.e. mexbuilds and e3 map).

I would expect that the CORE devs will decide which one to use once both are available. Maybe assisted by a poll here. We already had a CORE conversion project for the e3 map but that seems to be abandoned. Therefore i would assume that we'll see again a group of interested players, who will try to adopt CORE to the other map. I hope for them that they can use parts of the abandoned project, but even then it'll cost them many hours to get it done.

If we had a fully functional editor some tasks might be easier to conclude but atm this is a very time-consuming job. I modified some parts of the files myself and anyone who does this on a large scale has my full respect. :)

Last update:

The Release Candidate was released to our Betas this morning. Hopefully nothing major crops up. If all goes well we'll release within the week. :)

Last update:

The Release Candidate was released to our Betas this morning. Hopefully nothing major crops up. If all goes well we'll release within the week. :)

Great! Just in time for school to end!