+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Semper Fi - Development Diary #1

Will these "achievements" be a toggleable option, or hardwired into the source code?

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    500k club

Judging from Johan's reply about full scriptability, I guess it should be possible to remove them with minimal effort if you don't want them.
    "Mankind has only one science. It is the science of discontent." -- Count Hasimir Fenring
    The Führer Goes Nuts! (and he's contagious) - An utterly nonsensical HoI 3 AAR.
    Danse Macabre - A Victoria: Revolutions / Hearts of Iron III / World of Darkness crossover.
    Updates on both AARs resuming in May

Will the AI actively try to achieve those achievements or will it do it just coincidentally?

Very cool idea. Will the AI actively seek to complete and hold these achievements/objectives or will they just sort of stumble on them?

Edit: Emu'd, great minds think alike.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Cool idea. I think the achievements will enhance the complete game flow.
    A question by a forum user during the 200k event: "With 200,000 accounts, you must have a fair amount of data to mine. What was the most surprising thing you learned about us, the forumites?" - Johan's answer: "That if someone has not registered a game, he's extremely likely to not have bought it."

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

I hope the actuall bonuses will make more sense. Having +15% supply throughput for controling Danzig, when you actually occupy half of Europe sounds stupid
    Sir NeoCore Slan, OLIR, beta of FtM, appointed judge of Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest, Fan of the Week (22-11-2011) and I also play HoItCG.
    The Historical Plausibility Project 1.0.4 for HoI3, 2.0 for HoI3 - Semper Fi and 2.7 for FtM

My latest work from my Ink Well (which is post #200 in the Ink Well thread):
    Hitler's gamble - An alternative German Strategy (Vanilla HoI3 - Semper Fi 2.03c) finished
    Ten Reasons why Europa Universalis III is the worst game EVER (Vanilla EU3 - Divine Wind) finished
    The New Adventures of the United Nations... in Space - A Space Empires V AAR canceled after Season I

"Always write things on the forums that you’d be happy for your mom to read." - Fredrik Wester

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Achievements, sounds nice.

If I may throw one general interface suggestion around: Making it possible to combine several ground units in a province into one clickable formation in order to make it possible to select and control them together would be a definite plus. Selecting the right units in a crowded front can be quite a hassle, even when using their HQs to do it. It was much easier in HoI 2 with the division stacks.

Typing in all capital letters went out of style with FORTRAN.

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossSemper Fi

Brilliant idea!.
    Guys from Paradox are truly genial.
    Its historical flavour par excellance and still sandboxers will not feel endangered.

Ah,what a fresh air finely in HOI III,fresh,and in the same time again 70 years old.
    Finely.
    “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” ― George Bernard Shaw

55 games registered

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Sounds like an excellent idea, I can't wait to see them in action.

Realy cool innovation. I am looking forward to further DDs

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Perfect beginning IMO of Semper-Fi.

I'm sure it'll introduce a very interesting strategical layout in games... specially if you get AI to be sensible to that 'achivements'. Fully moddability in the other hand will help undoubtly both to historical-way-of-things lovers as well as alternative-outcomes fans.

Hold on this way!
    Why do you sound surprised? I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America - Liz Lemon

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    Will achievements be used to guide AI the historical direction?
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor the Motherland

I allways hoped to see most optimistic scenario: that problematic HOI III first version will be remembered just as technological demonstrator,a test ground for true HOI III that will evolve over time into new and much playable,matured game.
    It seems my hopes are fulfilled,this is the best scenario of HOI III desteny I imagined!
    HOI III SF future is bright!
    Deterministicaly!
    “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” ― George Bernard Shaw

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

After seeing how many people complain that its so hard to play with a minor because they have been nerfed so much in HOI3, wont this just make it worse for them?

I never play minors so it doesn't matter to me, I just going from all the post I'v red
    the Original
    aka ECLIPSE

PI's most advocate supporter, and her hardest critic

Quote Originally Posted by wright1331 View Post
    After seeing how many people complain that its so hard to play with a minor because they have been nerfed so much in HOI3, wont this just make it worse for them?

I never play minors so it doesn't matter to me, I just going from all the post I'v red
    Making global empire of small nation in ww2 era is sandbox game.

Paradoxaly, maybee a sandbox mod for Semper-Fi ,or fiew, will emerge.

I like sandbox so much that I whish we all see 100 sandbox mods for Semper:Fi,and no single one historical(not needed)Semper-Fi mod.

In real ww2 not everything was possible,especialy for minor nations, and that is the measure of quality SF,if SF will be what is announced.

Polish Corridor - So you get those bonuses if they agree to give Germany a corridor to Danzig?

If yes, I assume that stops the Danzig or War event.
    Rommel76

DONT TREAD ON ME Moderator TheLoneGunman's Avatar
    51 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    King Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Ok, my #1 question regarding achievements:

Will the AI utilize and pursue them?
    "also most of paradox rise as a successful company can be attributed to the motivating powers of "Mr Nibbles", a vicious old platypus specimen Johan keep locked in a drawer. Whenever a programmer isn't working fast enough, or introduces a bug Mr Nibbles is let out of the box to give the perpetrator a nasty bite." - podcat

Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by ROMMEL76 View Post
    Polish Corridor - So you get those bonuses if they agree to give Germany a corridor to Danzig?

If yes, I assume that stops the Danzig or War event.
    The conditions I read for this achievement are presently:

1. You're Germany.
    2. You control Danzig (whether you're the legal owner or not).

They're easily accomplished with the attack on Poland.
    "Mankind has only one science. It is the science of discontent." -- Count Hasimir Fenring
    The Führer Goes Nuts! (and he's contagious) - An utterly nonsensical HoI 3 AAR.
    Danse Macabre - A Victoria: Revolutions / Hearts of Iron III / World of Darkness crossover.
    Updates on both AARs resuming in May

I also would like to know if the AI will take into consideration the achievements and actively try to complete them.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    The person taking the screenshot was cheating like mad so
    It was you Johan. . . . . . . . . . wasn't it!! Lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast