• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One "basic" request for the new expansion - would it be possible to have the option for trade deals not be displayed in the event window, without affecting the more "important" diplomatic actions? As it is, it's like a car where we have the choice to see all sorts of shiny lights flashing across the dashboard or to turn the entire dashboard off; I really want to see the speedometer without the flashing lights.

You want to set every nation's trade agreements independently?

You want to set every nation's trade agreements independently?

No, but if I disable trade deals in the event window, I don't want it to disable showing DOWs, strategic/political treaties, and other "important" diplomatic events. Trade deals coming and going on a daily basis are pretty close to "spam", and constitute about 50% of the stuff in the window, so I'd just like to be able to shut those off. The sheer number of them tends to force the other events of the day to scroll out of the window on occasion, and I hate to have to scroll back through the log every time it happens, just to find that is was only another trade deal that I missed reading.

Will it run fast you know thats the biggest problem and kills the gameplay there are many great things in Hoi3 compared to Hoi2 but even at high spec computers still same problem = (((

Again I am asking will it run faster than Hoi3 also please Historical accuracy I dont want to see Mexico invades Germany or Finland in pasific ?

Johan please say yes :D

Last edited:
No, but if I disable trade deals in the event window, I don't want it to disable showing DOWs, strategic/political treaties, and other "important" diplomatic events.
There are message settings for that (a whole list in the game options). You can simply disable notifications about trade deals. This doesn't affect the other messages.

There are message settings for that (a whole list in the game options). You can simply disable notifications about trade deals. This doesn't affect the other messages.

Thanks, I missed that. The small icons along the top of the events window don't allow that flexibility, and I didn't spend too much time hunting for another method.

Right-clicking on message pop-ups and log entries also gives you access to these options.