• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Judging from Johan's reply about full scriptability, I guess it should be possible to remove them with minimal effort if you don't want them.

Very cool idea. Will the AI actively seek to complete and hold these achievements/objectives or will they just sort of stumble on them?

Edit: Emu'd, great minds think alike.

Cool idea. I think the achievements will enhance the complete game flow.

I hope the actuall bonuses will make more sense. Having +15% supply throughput for controling Danzig, when you actually occupy half of Europe sounds stupid :)

Achievements, sounds nice. :)

If I may throw one general interface suggestion around: Making it possible to combine several ground units in a province into one clickable formation in order to make it possible to select and control them together would be a definite plus. Selecting the right units in a crowded front can be quite a hassle, even when using their HQs to do it. It was much easier in HoI 2 with the division stacks.

Brilliant idea!.
Guys from Paradox are truly genial.
Its historical flavour par excellance and still sandboxers will not feel endangered.

Ah,what a fresh air finely in HOI III,fresh,and in the same time again 70 years old:D.
Finely.

Perfect beginning IMO of Semper-Fi.

I'm sure it'll introduce a very interesting strategical layout in games... specially if you get AI to be sensible to that 'achivements'. Fully moddability in the other hand will help undoubtly both to historical-way-of-things lovers as well as alternative-outcomes fans.

Hold on this way! :)

Will achievements be used to guide AI the historical direction?

I allways hoped to see most optimistic scenario: that problematic HOI III first version will be remembered just as technological demonstrator,a test ground for true HOI III that will evolve over time into new and much playable,matured game.
It seems my hopes are fulfilled,this is the best scenario of HOI III desteny I imagined!
HOI III SF future is bright!
Deterministicaly!

After seeing how many people complain that its so hard to play with a minor because they have been nerfed so much in HOI3, wont this just make it worse for them?

I never play minors so it doesn't matter to me, I just going from all the post I'v red

After seeing how many people complain that its so hard to play with a minor because they have been nerfed so much in HOI3, wont this just make it worse for them?

I never play minors so it doesn't matter to me, I just going from all the post I'v red

Making global empire of small nation in ww2 era is sandbox game.

Paradoxaly, maybee a sandbox mod for Semper-Fi ,or fiew, will emerge.

I like sandbox so much that I whish we all see 100 sandbox mods for Semper:Fi,and no single one historical(not needed)Semper-Fi mod.

In real ww2 not everything was possible,especialy for minor nations, and that is the measure of quality SF,if SF will be what is announced.

Ok, my #1 question regarding achievements:

Will the AI utilize and pursue them?

Polish Corridor - So you get those bonuses if they agree to give Germany a corridor to Danzig?

If yes, I assume that stops the Danzig or War event.

The conditions I read for this achievement are presently:

1. You're Germany.
2. You control Danzig (whether you're the legal owner or not).

They're easily accomplished with the attack on Poland.