• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Hi everybody, I'm Johan and I wanted to give you a first development diary.

The expansion team here at Paradox consists of Doomdark, Birken and Solsara, and they have been working hard at designing and creating quite alot of features that I hope you will all like.

One of the complaints I've seen here on the forum is the lack of "historical flavor", so the first development diary here is focused on one of these aspects.

Achievements
Achievements are a kind of bonuses; if you, for example, have control over the Panama Channel, you will get a small increase in drift speed and global resources. However, these Achievements may also give you a disadvantage; if you have control over the Panama Channel and someone blockades the channel, you will gain a couple of bad modifiers which decreases the good ones. Having a Great Army increases your war exhaustion but gives you a boost in Leadership and Organisation Regain Rate. The Achievements might be both good and bad for your country, but you will have a chance to see what you'll need to get one of them and decide whether or not your country would benefit from them. Current effects are still placeholders, and subject to change during the beta.

attachment.php

Of course, there are different achievements for each country, and you may gain, lose or regain them depending on what happens.

And yes, its opened by one of the buttons on the right.

Attachments

• SF_screenshot_01.jpg
    SF_screenshot_01.jpg
    594,4 KB · Views: 36.140
Awesome. :eek:

'Great Naval Army' should of course be, 'Great Navy' :D

Looks great!

Wow, this is definitely going to change things. Any single modifier that adds %10 to organization will be huge. I sure hope there is a balance between countries; I would hate to see only certain countries get lots of bonuses and other ones get nothing just because they aren't historically that important.

Keep in mind those effects are placeholders - they will probably be toned down/tweaked before release.

I think "achievements" look like a good idea, given that they are properly balanced (which may be difficult) and that they are not too powerful- taking the Polish Corridor, for example, does that increase supply throughput for all of Germany by 15%, or just through the Corridor itself? I can see the logic of it helping all Germany while Germany is still small and pre-war, but I don't think that having Danzig should help the Germans invade the Soviet Union when they have all of Poland.

Looks interesting. Certainly gives you more initiative to try to reach different historical goals.

And speaking of historical flavor, can't wait to hear more about the events you're going to add.

Aaah the first Dev diary. A little short, but still an ok one. The idea of achievements is great, especially if some of them would try to lead you ( and the AI) on a more historic road.
Question concerning screenshot: Germany in 1941 is having max supplies and max fuel stockpiles.
Thats way unrealistic, will you balance this stuff out or do you let the modders try it? The same problem exists in Vanilla too btw.
Greetings

There's a concept I love :) Hopefully there'll be quite a few interesting choices to make regarding achievements.

"Grand Navy" sounds better than "Great Naval Army", doesn't it? :)

Question concerning screenshot: Germany in 1941 is having max supplies and max fuel stockpiles.
Thats way unrealistic, will you balance this stuff out or do you let the modders try it? The same problem exists in Vanilla too btw.
Greetings

Germany in this screenshot has 3044 IC. I sort-of doubt the game behind the screenie was intended to be balanced :D

That looks quite interesting

But are there only nation-specific achievements or only global one´s(well I mean with " global" that also the minor can achieve them ;P), because I think a mix od both would be very nice ;P

Is there any chance this DD will get a 2nd picture with achievements?

How many of those achievements will be included in Semper Fi

Germany in this screenshot has 3044 IC. I sort-of doubt the game behind the screenie was intended to be balanced :D

The person taking the screenshot was cheating like mad so :)

Achievements sounds like a good addition!:)

Greetings

I'm sure this is a just debugging cheat witch will not be integrated in the released version :)

It's hard to test things without cheating .