• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK, the French Theater AI is doing the same as Germany's, basically ignoring the Italians as long as they don't cross the Theater boundaries and only fighting them as long as there's still contact... If this keeps up you're going to have to end up having to save France yourself (Vichy firing in this situation would look really stupid...)

OK, the French Theater AI is doing the same as Germany's

I think you are right. French had no even a thought about pursuing Italians when they could do it 4 months ago too. I was gobsmacked when Italians resumed their counter-offensive.

1 March 1942 – 1 April 1942

Germans intercepted Polish and French plans to cut off South German Army and evacuated the army from the South. French pushed Germans out of North France and liberated Luxemburg in 31 March. Overconfident Dutch were pressed by Germans and lost almost all country. German advance to Amsterdam was stopped only by Polish paratroopers.

Polish reserves were exhausted. Currently only approximately 15.000 troops could be raised a month but losses amount about 30-40.000.

French took initiative in South France and mounted a successful counter-offensive. Polish invaded South Italy and are marching to Venice.

HoI31442.jpg

British in Mediterranean liberated Crete and some other Greek islands, and landed in Sardinia.

HoI31442Med.jpg

Last edited:
There are still about 150 German divisions and at least 60 Italian divisions. Current gains were mainly because Germans simply evacuated their troops. They left France and South Germany by themselves. I think that AI actually understands salient and possibility of encirclement - not perfectly, though.

Just found your AAR. Great read so far. Your MP #s are scary. Forts?

Actualy forts might be a good idea - especialy in north Germany. Currently I have spare IC anyway. I could release some divisions then and send south to help French push frontline faster. I was hoping French would advance better but they can not even invade Belgium.

4 April 1942 (Breaking News)

Following Hungarian government protest and Polish refusal to stop the offensive in Italy during which Venice was taken, in 4 April 1942, Hungary joined the war. Poland is in panic. Polish government urged French to launch an offensive in Belgium and mount Bitburg siege.

HoI34442.jpg

Airborne divisions defending Amsterdam will be transported to Poland and Slovakia in order to delay Hungarian advance. All combined arms divisions reformed into 4000 soldiers units and 4 cavalry regiments will be re-deployed to defend the Industrial Belt, while new divisions could be freed by:

1. helping Danish to lift Copenhagen siege and then help to liberate Demark which would open new front in North Germany;
  2. and/or pushing deep into Italy and forcing it to surrender as soon as possible;
  3. and/or sending expeditionary force to France to help in Bitburg siege, which could disrupt German supplies chain and force to give up more territory.

HoI34442Plan.jpg

Last edited:
I just realised that Hungary was at war with Greece from 1940. It means there will be no mobilisation and no delay.

*sigh*

If that just had occured a few years earlier, that would've been a great sign of a working AI.

I think the best dates for Hungary entrance could have been in September 1939 when my Second Army was busy in East Prussia or in August 1941 when I stripped defences in a gamble to breakthrough Danzig and Poznan. Otherwise, I think, anytime in between those dates my Second Army was able to deal with Hungarian army.

1 April 1942 – 1 May 1942

In North Germany and Belgium Allies achieved very limited success. Germans recaptured Luxemburg and released pressure from Bitburg, current capital of Reich. Two Polish airborne divisions out of three were flown from Amsterdam to Poland and Germans now are approaching the city southwest. Amsterdam is at risk of being surrounded.

HoI31542France.jpg

Hungarian Offensive

Hungarians launched two main offensives in order to liberate Slovakia and occupy South Poland.

Slovakian offensive was very successful. After two week heavy fighting and the biggest battle so far in Hungarian front, Polish retreated from Bratislava on 19 April. Hungarians liberated almost all Slovakia and Slovakian government returned from Budapest.

HoI319442Slovakia.jpg

Advance into South Poland was less successful. Forts built to protect from Germans now stopped Hungarian advance towards Krakow. 3.000 Polish paratroopers were able to hold 50.000 Hungarians.

HoI314442KrynicaBattle.jpg

Polish airborne regiments were not able to hold Stanislawow and retreated across Dniestr River. However, Hungarians were able to cross Dniestr too and are advancing towards Tarnopol. Combined arm regiments arrived on time and spoiled Hungarian plans to take Przemysl and Lwow.

5 Polish divisions which took part in North Italy campaign were re-deployed to Austria and stopped Hungarian advance towards Vienna.

HoI31542Hungary.jpg

Italian Operation

Following heavy fighting in North Italy, Italian army was overrun and unopposed Polish divisions reached French-Italian border on 16 April and Rome on 22 April. Polish 5 Divisions mounted siege of Rome and on 29 April Rome fell while armoured recon took Napoli on 28 April. Airborne regiments captured Taranto and Palermo. On 1 May, Italian armies in South France and Albania surrendered, but Italian government escaped to Spain. Greece was liberated, but Bulgarian army is ready for an invasion.

HoI329442Rome.jpg

HoI31542Italy.jpg

The only remaining Italian army is in Eritrea but surrounded by combined French-British forces.

HoI31542RedSea.jpg

Last edited:
Your little furry Hungarian problem seems to be in control. Germany doesn't look very good either :p

The screenshot of that single Para brigade holding off those five divisions is scary :eek:

1 May 1942 – 1 June 1942

Hungarian Front

Hungarians continued offensive in South East Poland. Exhausted Polish divisions slowly retreated north. Krakow defensive line was heavily bombed and started to crack.

Fortunately remaining Polish divisions arrived from Italy and a counter-offensive was commenced in Bratislava sector. Slovakian divisions suddenly cracked and were routed. Bratislava was re-taken on 11 May. Panic was spread between Hungarian divisions in Slovakia and whole expeditionary army (about 15 divisions) surrendered almost without a fight. A huge gap opened between West and East Hungarian armies.

HoI312542Slovakia.jpg

Polish divisions unopposed reached Budapest and after one week fight the city was taken on 23 May. At the same time Pecs was captured. Debrecen fell one week later and Polish forces destroyed West Hungarian Army. Recon units reached Kosice outskirts and surrounded East Hungarian Army which surrendered on 30 May.

HoI3300542Hungary.jpg

Greek Front and Eritrea

Following Italian occupation and liberation Greece is heading for another disaster. Bulgarian army blitzed through all North Greece and reached Albania and Athens. Only one British division at the moment is defending Athens and South Greece.

HoI31642Greece.jpg

However, at the same Italian army without supplies could not hold a defensive line in Eritrea and surrendered to British.

HoI31642Eritrea.jpg

West Germany front

After Hungarian entrance into the war, the front line in West Germany was stabilised. Only French continued their limited offensive in Belgium and Luxemburg. Luxemburg was liberated again on 25 May.

HoI31642.jpg

Last edited:
1 June 1942 – 1 July 1942

Greece Front

Bulgarians occupied Albania and whole North Greece. 3 Polish divisions disembarked in Athens. 1 Polish unsuccessfully tried to land in Tirana but subsequently was redirected to Athens too. Combined Polish-British commenced a counter offensive.

HoI31742Greece.jpg

West Germany Front

17 Polish divisions (veterans of Italian and Hungarian campaigns) were assembled at Kassel sector. An offensive was launched. There are still about 150 German divisions in North West Germany and Benelux and the objective of the offensive is cutting off North German Group.

At the same time 4 airborne divisions were flown to Copenhagen where they helped Danish to lift siege and start the liberation of Denmark. Danish were very aggressive and already invaded North Germany.

HoI31742.jpg

Last edited:
buuu whole os balkans should have joined axis ;)

Actually I thought Yugoslavia joined Axis. I even wrote it in one of my first posts. I was expecting Yugoslavian invasion when Hungary joined the war. However, that was just my imagination I guess.

Is the French AI refusing to fight in Belgium? :confused::rofl:

Yes, it is. French just want to watch how 40 exhausted Polish divisions deal with 150 exhausted German divisions. The problem in Belgium is the same as the problem behind Hungarian disaster in Slovakia. Hungarians and French expedited too many divisions to Slovakia and Belgium respectively. Neither Slovakia nor Belgium had enough officers to use expeditionary force effectively. Organisation levels are very low and divisions are simply standing. For the same reason Germans quite a few times pushed French expeditionary force out of Belgium.

Your AAR is very epic, btw. :cool:

1 July 1942 – 1 August 1942

Greece Front

Bulgarian recon forces were overrun and Polish and British divisions marched north. However, later Allies were outmanoeuvred by Bulgarians and almost ended up encircled and cut off Athens. Allies retreated and new positions were taken just north of Athens.

HoI31842Greece.jpg

West Germany Front

Polish offensive in North West Germany was a success. North German Group was cut off and surrounded. Following very heavy fighting in Hamburg, almost 50-60 divisions were destroyed or encircled in the last pocket south of Hamburg.

Danish continued their advance and took Kiel.

Polish are currently preparing for joining with French forces from north and cutting another 40-50 German divisions in the Dortmund/Frankfurt am Main salient.

HoI31842.jpg

What are you waiting for? Special invitation?

HoI31842French.jpg

Last edited: