• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1 August 1942 – 1 September 1942

West Germany Front

North German Group surrendered. The Dortmund/Frankfurt am Main salient was cut off from supplies. Germans retreated into forest and took defensive positions.

Polish divisions are closing on Bitburg, the last German bastion. French at last reached southern suburbs of the town and started a siege.

HoI31942.jpg

Last edited:
The French AI is just a useless piece of crap. And even that is a overestimation. :D

They just beat the Italians then and then, which is such a mighty deed. :cool:

Reactions:
1 September 1942 – 21 September 1942

West Germany Front

Germans were pushed deep into the Dortmund/Frankfurt am Main pocket and Bitburg is going to surrender any day.

HoI3210942.jpg

Soviet Invasion!!!

However, on 21 September 1942 Soviet Union declared intention to liberate all Europe from Imperialist occupation and oppression. War in the East began.

HoI3210942Dip.jpg

Polish East Theatre is undefended at the moment. Only 73.000 soldiers (3 combined arms divisions and 6 airborne divisions) face about 1.500.000 Soviets. Another 363.000 Polish currently busy in West Germany, but war with Germans should not last long.

HoI3210942Econ.jpg

Yellow circle shows Polish Industrial Belt and red circles – other population centres.

List of Allied armies

HoI3210942Military.jpg

It is obvious that it will not be possible to defend current borders. Five defensive lines are drawn. The last Magenta line (the worst case scenario) actually is facing West with the Industrial Belt inside, while Orange line facing East. The problem is that fortifications in East Poland are incomplete and the first (Red) and second (Blue) lines are insecure.

HoI3210942Defence.jpg

Last edited:
. . . . . . . awesome!

"Hitler is . . . out of the way . . . ."

*Cue Red Alert Music*

This is going to be epic!

21 September 1942 – 1 October 1942

West Germany Front

Five days later, on 26 September 1942 after fall of Bitburg, German armies in Netherlands and West Germany surrendered. German government escaped to Madrid and later to Tokyo. Whole Polish army was sent to East Front.

HoI3260942.jpg

Soviet Invasion

Situation in East Front was critical. Within less than two weeks Soviets “liberated” Estonia and almost all Latvia, and reached Kaunas. Communist regime was installed in Tallinn on 29 October. Airborne divisions could not stop Soviets from crossing river near Stanislawow. Polish are still holding the line in Lida and Lwow sectors, but because of risk of encirclement they are ready to retreat.

Around 16.000 Polish elite (including airborne and combined arms divisions) were overrun by Soviet tank and motorised divisions and surrendered. An airborne division near Stanislawow lost contact with Corps Headquarters and could be overrun at any time.

HoI311042.jpg

Last edited:
So, Stalin decided to try saving Hitler?
How cute is that. :cool:

Stalin is liberating Hitler now :)

A wonderful AAR, Glad to see Poland become a valuable part of the allies! Also; Annex Silesia, Prussia, and all parts of Russian territory claimed! best make the most of these wars :D

I hope Soviets won't annex Poland before that ;)

Uncle Joe AI seems to think things have been going his way in Europe...

The first 10 days were very promising for him.

I don't think I ever saw SU attacking Allies. This should be interesting. :D

I was BAD Ally. I attacked Lithuania in 1938 which disrupted R-M pact and Soviets could not annex Baltic States. However, they gained claims for all Baltic States and part of Poland. I also attacked Latvia and Estonia in 1941 in a desperate attempt to gain overseas port.

So, how many divisions does Stalin have?

My 0 intel shows about 150. I think these were visible divisions next to Polish border. I guess there are many more next to Finish and Romanian borders and Far East.

1 October 1942 – 1 November 1942

Soviet Invasion

On 8 October, Soviets installed Soviet government in Riga. Few hours later Portugal joined Axis.

One Polish division stuck in Kaunas, but rescue arrived on time. However, danger of Soviets crossing Nemunas River and being outflanked forced Polish to abandobe Kaunas and take defensive positions across the river. On 14 October, Lithuania surrendered and was annexed by Soviets.

On 20 October, Spain joined Axis, but luckily Japan (current leader of Axis) is not at war with Allies and Spain is not an imminent threat at the moment.

HoI311142Latvia.jpg

HoI311142Reports.jpg

Soviets continued their offensive in north and after very heavy fighting crossed Nemunas River at Tilsit on 23 October and Polish Second Defensive Line collapsed. All divisions retreated to the Third Defensive Line.

In a mean time, Soviets outflanked Polish right flank (one Polish Airborne division was taken prisoners) and invaded Hungary and Slovakia. French 4th Expeditionary Army guarding right flank, tried unsuccessfully break through Uzhok and cut off Soviet army in Hungary but Soviets sent massive reinforcements and stopped the attack.

Soviet tank and motorised divisions soon took Budapest and Bratislava. However, brave Polish mechanised recon units were able to retake the cities and cut off Soviet vanguard. British Expeditionary divisions engaged Soviets at Bratislava and destroyed two divisions which were caught off guard. Now it is just a matter of time when Soviets will “liberate” Slovakia and Hungary.

HoI311142-1.jpg

At the same time British landed in Tallinn and are currently fighting in Riga.

HoI311142Baltic.jpg

India

In Asia, British reached Amu Darya River but Soviets stopped the advance.

HoI311142India.jpg

Last edited:
Oh dear.
Situation looks rather bad in the south.
Are all your troops in the frontline?

Any reserves?

I wish :( I have 5 more divisions in Greece and British sent 4 more expeditionary divisions which are in Holland at the moment. The most of Polish divisions are concentrated in the centre. They are exhausted – low in organisation and numbers. There is 100 deficit in manpower.

I waiting for the centre stabilise around the third defensive line and then excess divisions could be sent south. I do not want to give up the third line yet as this is the only line which could cut off Soviets in Central or even West Europe.