• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now that the selling and exchanging of tech have been taken away from the diplomatic choices, I suspect the tech development will be slower and more controlable. :)

:eek: Is this true?? That would actually be quite good because that system caused the AI to always be ahead of you.

So now that you have a samurai as army sprite for early Japan, I take it the sprite will change according to the technology level?

:eek: Is this true?? That would actually be quite good because that system caused the AI to always be ahead of you.

So now that you have a samurai as army sprite for early Japan, I take it the sprite will change according to the technology level?

It is. I just hope they think of something to do with you spare RPs. Like research no longer limited by time or such.

Absolute Monarchy!!!

That's interresting, didn't exist in Vicky 1. Will we see more new government types??? (Planning Samurai World Conquest)

But it did exist in Vicky 1 it was called Monarchy aka a pure Monarchy the other Goverment was con Monarchy.

:eek: Is this true?? That would actually be quite good because that system caused the AI to always be ahead of you

Yepp, and a good thing it is! :)

The AI is really bad at that, and you (the Victoria fans) spent several years ruthlessly exploiting the poor AI. Until we can get an AI that is good enough to neogtiate we are dropping it as a game concept. It is my opinion that a bad negotiating AI is bigger immersion breaker than no negotiations.

We can also do cool effects with the discovery of inventions themselves. We have added modifiers to the discovery chance based upon other factors. These work the same way as modifiers for the chances that an event will fire, so moders can have a field day with them. For us we are going to use the discovery of other inventions to increase the chances that a particular invention will fire. Making tech a bit more interesting.

That sounds fun. All sorts of possibilities.

Hopefully some interesting effects where you can have some limited synergies from tech-rushing in a couple of related areas, but rather more drawbacks in the long run.

I am very, very happy with this. I loved the Victoria tech system. the HOI3 way simply had too many variables and put smaller countries at too steep a disadvantage. The EU3 system was a bit too abstract but had to be to represent over 400 years of tech. The victoria system was almost perfect.

All that needs to be fixed is intellectual establishments need to have a bit more flavour, they do not really do anything as they are. Also, there need to be more techs, or it must be significantly harder to trade for them. If you are using a European country, you typically spent several years accumulating RPs since you had nothing to research until the new decade came in and you were allowed to research a new level of techs. If those are fixed this should be fantastic.

Now that the selling and exchanging of tech have been taken away from the diplomatic choices, I suspect the tech development will be slower and more controlable. :)

Nations did exchange technology did they not? I wonder what the rationale behind this decision was exactly?

And Im not sure about slowing tech development down, in some games (without overt tech trading/gamey tactics) you may not research everything in time. Not that you automatically should be able to mind.

nations did exchange technologies, moreover, when an inventor was refused/blocked or couldnt find the support he needed in one country, he would move and offer his services to another, directly bringing that technology to that country.

the first monitors and ericsson's story, and the whole start of ironclad business is basically a good example of that.

For that little piece of information, this community merly spare you from a horible death couse of a GREAT GRAND SAMURAI SPIRIT!!!

keep up the good work

Everyone, just keep repeating,

It's a game not a simulation

:D

I KNOW its a game
I KNOW its a game
I KNOW its a game
I KNOW its a game
I KNOW its a game
I KNOW its a game
I KNOW its a game
I KNOW its a game
I KNOW its a game

but this is needing consept, like most of the civ-unciv relations based on trade(including tecnology) like ottoman refoms on navy after Chimeria war(don't know its name in english sory folks) or egypts or lotss of other things

It is. I just hope they think of something to do with you spare RPs. Like research no longer limited by time or such.

I never played Vic 1. What are RPs and how do they work? Is the system similar to HOI3?

Nations did exchange technology did they not? I wonder what the rationale behind this decision was exactly?

And Im not sure about slowing tech development down, in some games (without overt tech trading/gamey tactics) you may not research everything in time. Not that you automatically should be able to mind.

Yes they did, and your points are why I like the way tech spreads in CK. :)
In addition you should perhaps be allowed to give techs to allies :confused:

In Vic1, the buying and selling of tech was pretty gamey IMHO. As a player I never used it. To give away tech to allies is another matter tough... ;)