+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 342 FirstFirst ... 52 77 102 127 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 177 202 227 252 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 6828

Thread: Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

Paradox Forum Manager Administrator Castellon's Avatar
    90 games registered

200k club500k club

OK, lets leave the Farm animal out of it from now on, this is a family friendly forum!

Back to your regularly scheduled program of questions for staff.
    I have been dealt a good hand in life, now I am just looking for a few more cards!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Which of the games you've made/published have you guys played the most? And, if you dare to say, how much was that game played?
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

EUIII, countless hours!
    Relentless madman.

Darkest HourMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

I have a question: I have both Vicy and HoI2 DDARMA but the Websites i got them from, Amazon and Direct2Drive, did not provide them. Is there a way I can get them?

Darkest HourMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Sorry i meant to say they did not provide the keys.

50 games registered

A Game of DwarvesCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest HourImpire
    King Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveRome Gold
    SengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

The last time I played a Sports Management simulator was Football Manager 2 on the Amstrad 464 (it actually had a pretty good match simulator given the time), what was the last (if any) sports management sim game you played and what do you think of the genre as a whole?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

What is your favorite book ? And if you can't name one, just name a few.

I do though have the feeling that you have been asked that a couple of times.
    My AARs: Inkwell, my AARs are near the bottom of the page, the 4th last on page 11

"....You might have a very minor case of serious brain damage...."

Wheatly from portal 2

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club

Quote Originally Posted by olvirki View Post

I know A Song of Ice and Fire gives Paradox devs a lot of happy thoughts

And now an important question: Bratwurst or Bockwurst, which makes for a better weapon?

Oh, and maybe a silly question as well: Do you still read paper newspapers?
    Last edited by Teurlinx; 25-09-2011 at 02:32.
    The Road from Leningrad
    A Gary Grigsby's War in the East AAR

51 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by KotoR45 View Post
    I have a question: I have both Vicy and HoI2 DDARMA but the Websites i got them from, Amazon and Direct2Drive, did not provide them. Is there a way I can get them?
    Quote Originally Posted by KotoR45 View Post
    Sorry i meant to say they did not provide the keys.
    They have to provide the keys to you, you need to contact them.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Teurlinx View Post
    Hehe, those books are becoming my favorite books as well. I thing they are beating The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, which I thing have been my favorite books up til now.
    My AARs: Inkwell, my AARs are near the bottom of the page, the 4th last on page 11

"....You might have a very minor case of serious brain damage...."

Wheatly from portal 2

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    no, code is a beautiful thing, much like art or poetry (although of course not all code is :P)
    Just like not all art and poetry is as well!
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

For The Glory

Hehe, those books are becoming my favorite books as well. I thing they are beating The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, which I thing have been my favorite books up til now.
    I find a book like The Guns of August to be my favourite book. But it is actually one I am glad there is no sequel to, if you catch my drift!
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis IV) (ongoing)
    Winner of: ACA 2014 Q1: EUIV (Half), AARtist of the Month (May 2014), Seal of Mythic Approval and having the same title as another popular AAR.
    Ulm plays Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods as Someone (finished), Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria (finished) and March of the Eagles as Russia (finished)
    Winner of: Hats.
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis III) (ended)
    Winner of: Europa Univeralis: The Musical, Cities in Motion DLC: Ulm, AARtist of the Month (June 2011), (Royal Dutch Cheese of Anti-Frognessship), (Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg), (Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness), (Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness), ACA 2010 Q4: EU Comedy, (Paradox Cookie), WritAAR of the Week (2011-01-30), "Best everything, ever" award, (Irish Shamrock Cookie) and being in this signature.
    Failure for Württemberg A Flagland Victoria 2: A House Divided Beta mini-AAR (finished)
    Winner of: Having my name attached to it.

So I need to Register my copy of "EU3 Complete" that I bought in the summer of '09. I am currently, after 2 years without problems, having some technical issues with the game. Of course I can't find any of the paperwork that goes along with the game, long ago it was thrown away. Is there anyway that I could register my game without buying EU3 Complete again?

51 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Trent87 View Post
    So I need to Register my copy of "EU3 Complete" that I bought in the summer of '09. I am currently, after 2 years without problems, having some technical issues with the game. Of course I can't find any of the paperwork that goes along with the game, long ago it was thrown away. Is there anyway that I could register my game without buying EU3 Complete again?
    If you are on Steam, see the sticky thread on this topic at the top of the EU3 forum. If not, log a ticket at paradox.zendesk.com .
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Paradox Forum Manager Administrator Castellon's Avatar
    90 games registered

200k club500k club

You should be able to recover your key from any digital retailer.
    If not a digital copy then as Andrew points out, your best route is to go through Zendesk.
    But this thread is not really for key issues, lets keep it on topic with questions for staff.
    I have been dealt a good hand in life, now I am just looking for a few more cards!

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
    Before ... you? No, you're it so far. The Paradox goat will never be the same after what you did to it. Can't you let it* go?

* both the goat and the issue
    the only goat I can even think about what your talking about is this post with battlegoat
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12016525

everything was positive, nothing in the gutter about it.
    My Vicky 2 Chinese AAR ----- Vicky 2 Ottoman AAR
    Nations I have gone Wire to Wire with: HOI3 FTM - USSR
    EU3 HTTT - Castile and Ottomans - DW - Burgundy
    EU4 - Portugal
    AOD - Brazil
    Rome - Egypt
    Vicky 2 - China, Ottomans, and Sweden
    Winner of the fan contest to take part in the Paradox Interactive Convention at NYC 2011

High Priestess of Paradox Susana's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

Quote Originally Posted by GuileMike View Post
    Have you guys ever fired anyone before? If so, for what if you are allowed to say.
    Yes - on a few occasions. From Paradox's side it's mostly a mismatch of personal skills and role required, from employees side mostly not being comfortable with our high pace, changing environment and having so much personal responsability for individual output regardless of role. Takes a certain kind of person to enjoy/perform in that environment.

Lore Lady Paradox Dev Team SolSara's Avatar
    200k clubEuropa Universalis 3500k club

Every book written by Terry Pratchett, Robin Hobb and Tanith Lee. I have read too many books to single out one specific, but these three are my favourite writers.

And now an important question: Bratwurst or Bockwurst, which makes for a better weapon?

Bockwurst? I have eaten Bratwurst but not Bockwurst. Bockwurst looks a bit sturdier.

Sometimes, but very seldom. I prefer to read newspapers online, it's easier and cheaper.
    Senior Lore Developer - Runemaster

Vita Brevis, Ars Longa

Crusader Kings IIElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2

King Rat and Perdido street station by China Mieville
    Sword of Destiny and The last wish by Andrzej Sapkowski
    Song of ice and fire series
    American Gods and Sandman series by Neil Gaiman
    Foundation series by Isaak Asimov

Does not matter, as long as it's frozen

And yes. I still read newspapers. My girlfriend is working on a newspaper.
    War on error!

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionThe Kings Crusade
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsPride of NationsRise of PrussiaEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Shams View Post
    I totally failed on "I want to know what love is"....
    /s
    I was astonished about the "love is a flower" answer. From Paradox I would have rather expected an answer like "love is a battlefield" ^^
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Is_a_Battlefield
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Benjamin Franklin

Hoi1 Resistance

Rappelez-vous quel Voltaire a dit; "Dieu n'est pas du côté des grands bataillons, mais est du côté de ceux qui tirent mieux"

+ Reply to Thread