Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will Paradox be updating/patching Supreme Ruler: Cold War anymore?

I don't think so, we're all required to put in an hour a day running on the treadwheel that powers the server, that should be more than enough to cancel out one day's snacking.

Where did the Swedish summer go?

I don't think so, we're all required to put in an hour a day running on the treadwheel that powers the server, that should be more than enough to cancel out one day's snacking.

I thought the server was powered with the damned souls of banned forumites... or is that the source control? ;)

Since you have a forum mechanic that highlights a thread where a developper has posted with a special icon would it be possible to add a forum mechanic that showed only the Dev posts within that thread? Basicaly such as exists on BioWare's forums?

I'm interested in the Sword of Islam DLC for CK2 and in the dev diary thread the developpers have been answering people's questions and such, but to see these posts I have to wade through the billions of historical accuracy discussions, rants against DLC, rants for DLC, vitrolic criticism, praise that would make God blush and other heaps of random comments. Not a lot of fun is what I'm saying.

Since you have a forum mechanic that highlights a thread where a developper has posted with a special icon would it be possible to add a forum mechanic that showed only the Dev posts within that thread? Basicaly such as exists on BioWare's forums?

I'm interested in the Sword of Islam DLC for CK2 and in the dev diary thread the developpers have been answering people's questions and such, but to see these posts I have to wade through the billions of historical accuracy discussions, rants against DLC, rants for DLC, vitrolic criticism, praise that would make God blush and other heaps of random comments. Not a lot of fun is what I'm saying.

It was asked for before, we got a maybe :(
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?557032-Forum-quot-Hacks-quot&highlight=

Also, it would be nice if non-PDS developers would highlight threads in non-PDS forums.

400 000 club?

Where should I buy my digital games so most of the money go for Paradox ?

It has been said that it doesn't matter -- Paradox gets roughly the same deal everywhere.

Actually you can, well sort of.
As long as you know the forum nick of the developer(s)
On the right side of the thread listing, Where it says the number of "Replies" if you hover over it it will tell you how many posts you have in a thread (for example this will be my 111th post in this thread), however if you click on the actual number it it will list everyones post count in that thread (for example I see Redralph has 199 posts), if you then click on the number of posts to the right of the persons name it will display every post by that person in that thread.
Do that for the Dev whose comments you are interested in and it is pretty much what you requested. Kind of convoluted but an interim solution for those interested.

On the right side of the thread listing, Where it says the number of "Replies" if you hover over it it will tell you how many posts you have in a thread (for example this will be my 111th post in this thread), however if you click on the actual number it it will list everyones post count in that thread (for example I see Redralph has 199 posts), if you then click on the number of posts to the right of the persons name it will display every post by that person in that thread.
Do that for the Dev whose comments you are interested in and it is pretty much what you requested. Kind of convoluted but an interim solution for those interested.
Wouldn`t it be good to make it more obvious and usefull?
lile add a button that would put you into interface, where you can choose one of pre-defined filters and/or nicknames.

didn't know that, thanks!

wondering if you can slightly change that to make it show "groups" which could be many different users as one post count e.g. paradox dev's? even if its only a dev only join option you could still make it so for any seprate dev team (say pardox france or battlegoat) they have a group that collects a record of all there posts

Wouldn`t it be good to make it more obvious and usefull?
lile add a button that would put you into interface, where you can choose one of pre-defined filters and/or nicknames.

Thus the origin of my "Kind of convoluted but an interim solution for those interested." remark :)

I have a long list of things I have planned, but I work within the limitations of the software and all the custom stuff is hacks and getting the software to do things and use functions in ways they were not designed to be used. We are making progress and are at a point now where we are taking steps to make some bigger changes, I cannot go into details but stay tune great things are in store.

Thus the origin of my "Kind of convoluted but an interim solution for those interested." remark :)

I have a long list of things I have planned, but I work within the limitations of the software and all the custom stuff is hacks and getting the software to do things and use functions in ways they were not designed to be used. We are making progress and are at a point now where we are taking steps to make some bigger changes, I cannot go into details but stay tune great things are in store.

sounds like some of the HOI3 stuff podcat was saying, all the ideas and features that are pretty much hacks of existing features until they get time to add it properly