Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Majesty is going to be around for a long long time. We're releasing Defenders Of Ardania, which is set in the Majesty universe.

Expect to hear more stuff within the next 12 months.

We've always got an eye for the "old stuff" and looking for sensible way to bring them back. Which ones would you like to see?

/s

Something based on the flash game Microlife (I prefer this link though)

What I mean to say is that would like to see an rts where you don't buy soldiers that later on magicly appear at your base but you train them from villagers. The really cool stuff is that the villagers breed, live and die. So f.e. a LAN game would take about a dozen or so in-game generation (or even lifespans). The few villagers that you started with are long dead when you have kicked your friends asses :D, but your starting villagers have maybe hundreds of descendants around the map.

Ok, this is the top five:
United States
United Kingdom
Germany
Sweden
Spain

Ireland does not appear until number 31, but on the other hand you do average a few more page views and minutes per visit. :)

Interesting, I too would have thought France would be up there.

Ireland does not appear until number 31, but on the other hand you do average a few more page views and minutes per visit. :)

Doesn't Ireland rank higher when it comes to ad bots and sock puppets though? :p

I'm surprised with Spain being top 5, if I had to guess I would have though France and Holland would be ahead of them.

If you look at the foreign languages sub-forums you'll see that the Spanish one is about twice as big as the French one.

How bout Poland? Are we any high as far as this forum and in general purchases of Paradox games go? By the noise we make, you'd think there's millions of us here. ;-)

Will we ever find out what happened to Europa Universalis II DS?
A dumbed down version for DS would be a hit, DS lacks quality strategy games!
Something based on the flash game Microlife (I prefer this link though)

What I mean to say is that would like to see an rts where you don't buy soldiers that later on magicly appear at your base but you train them from villagers. The really cool stuff is that the villagers breed, live and die. So f.e. a LAN game would take about a dozen or so in-game generation (or even lifespans). The few villagers that you started with are long dead when you have kicked your friends asses :D, but your starting villagers have maybe hundreds of descendants around the map.
Some kind of Civilisation-Spore mashup would be interesting!

Last edited:
By the noise we make, you'd think there's millions of us here. ;-)

By "we" you mean "you"...? :p

This is why you should hire more coders like myself from the united states. Also is there somewhere an American can send a resume to?

I guess we get more applications from Scots than Americans... ;) Usually job openings are announced here on the forum, but keeping an eye on this page is usually a good idea: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/jobs

I guess we get more applications from Scots than Americans... ;)

I'm guessing Scottish coders are probably happier to endure Swedish winter... American coders would rather move to California :)

How bout Poland? Are we any high as far as this forum and in general purchases of Paradox games go? By the noise we make, you'd think there's millions of us here. ;-)

From the 15:th of may there will be twice as much polish noise in the developer area :) We are hiring a polish programmer. (I was born in Poland, but am now Swedish citizen since... 15 years or so)

Conquest of the New World

...one can dream...

I loved that game back in the day. I saw it as a spiritual successor to colonization (the original), and spent many, many hours on it. The combat system was brilliant! Simple yet very challenging with a lot of depth.

I have no idea if it's even possible for us to work on it, but I would really like that!

This was apparently interesting, so I'll give you a few more placements. :)

Poland is number seven, so rather high up, yes.

Interesting, I too would have thought France would be up there.
France is number nine.

Could you give is the full list?
If not, how is Finland?
There are 194 countries that have passed by this forum, so the full list would be too much.
Finland is number eleven.

What about Russia, if it's not a top secret? :)
Not secret! Russia is at number 13.

They originally planned to release Europa Universalis II for the Nintendo DS, but they eventually cancelled it. You can search google for screens, there are some. I want to know why they cancelled it (the game alone would be a reason for me to buy the DS) and how far it got into the production.

Can we atleast have an official anouncement that no details will be released?