+ Reply to Thread
Page 349 of 349 FirstFirst ... 249 274 299 324 339 347 348 349
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 6975

Thread: Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 EditionTeleglitch: Die More EditionEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Is there a date when the new forum will be open?

Paradox Forum Manager Administrator Castellon's Avatar
    90 games registered

200k club500k club

Quote Originally Posted by greenBene View Post
    Is there a date when the new forum will be open?
    Hi thanks for the question.
    The only answer I can give you is more than a month less than a year. We are working hard on it, and will try and give as much notice in advance as we can, your accounts will be ported over, but it will require a Paradox Account not just a forum account, so if you do not have one of those yet I encourage you to create/merge it with your forum account now to avoid any delays if there is a problem merging it when the new forum launches since the tech support is more likely to be busy then do to volume of everyone trying to do it at once.
    I have been dealt a good hand in life, now I am just looking for a few more cards!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaV2 AHD Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    This brings up an interesting situation. If I have to scroll through the calendar in setting my birth date, I could very well die of older age by the time I get to 1953.

Just saying.
    I'm a 19th century man inflicting himself upon a 21st century world.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Unbelievers always want other people to act like Christians." - Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Perfected by the sixteen men of Tain.
    Phishing link to HOI4 site removed.

Imodium Paradox Support Rep
    60 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by RELee View Post
    This brings up an interesting situation. If I have to scroll through the calendar in setting my birth date, I could very well die of older age by the time I get to 1953.

Just saying.
    I love it when a problem solves itself!
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Quote Originally Posted by Castellon View Post
    Hi thanks for the question.
    The only answer I can give you is more than a month less than a year. We are working hard on it, and will try and give as much notice in advance as we can, your accounts will be ported over, but it will require a Paradox Account not just a forum account, so if you do not have one of those yet I encourage you to create/merge it with your forum account now to avoid any delays if there is a problem merging it when the new forum launches since the tech support is more likely to be busy then do to volume of everyone trying to do it at once.
    So will it be on a different web page? Or will this one be "updated"?
    Victoria 2 AAR: The Free City of Danzig

EUIV mod: Partitionable Poland. Lets you partition Poland with its historical borders. The mod also includes a correctly shaped imperial German eastern border and Duchy of Prussia. Also for M&T

HoI AnthologyFor the Motherland500k club

Quote Originally Posted by greenBene View Post
    new forum
    Wat?

Quote Originally Posted by Castellon View Post
    Paradox Account
    Wat?

Resident WW Foreigner Wagonlitz's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by John Forseti View Post
    Wat?
    PI has outgrown the heavily modified Vbul they are running now. They are therefore developing their own forum software, which as far as I have understand should also make it possible to buy games directly with the forum account.
    My guess would be that it stays at the same page both to avoid many broken links, but also since paradoxplaza.com holds many other PI functions.[/quote]
    Wat?
    An account introduced a year ago. You need it for some Magicka games and it might already be enough to buy games from PI. All new forum users automatically get a Paradox account instead of a forum account; I also haven't experienced any difference between when I had a forum account and now when I have a Paradox account. You can get one by performing the merge; should you mess up you can ask for help in the general forum like many other people have done after messing up in creating and merging a Paradox account.

Insert Custom Title Here delpiero1234's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonlitz View Post
    An account introduced a year ago. You need it for some Magicka games and it might already be enough to buy games from PI. All new forum users automatically get a Paradox account instead of a forum account; I also haven't experienced any difference between when I had a forum account and now when I have a Paradox account. You can get one by performing the merge; should you mess up you can ask for help in the general forum like many other people have done after messing up in creating and merging a Paradox account.
    I'm not really sure what the point of Paradox account is because just like you, I haven't experienced any differences since I have one.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaV2 AHD Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
    I love it when a problem solves itself!

You're a funny guy. I'll get to you last.
    I'm a 19th century man inflicting himself upon a 21st century world.
    "Unbelievers always want other people to act like Christians." - Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
    Perfected by the sixteen men of Tain.
    Phishing link to HOI4 site removed.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    "Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last? [...] I lied."
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Paradox Forum Manager Administrator Castellon's Avatar
    90 games registered

200k club500k club

Quote Originally Posted by jrgen3 View Post
    So will it be on a different web page? Or will this one be "updated"?
    This version of the forum will be shutdown for a period of time (We are working to make this time period as short as possible.)
    Then the new version will go live at the same address.

Most likely we will port a version first and notify you that changes made to older posts from that point will not be translated to the new forum, then we just merge the week or so of new posts into the existing database on the new forum.

We will provide more details when we get closer to that point. The key is to minimize the disruption to you, our members.
    I have been dealt a good hand in life, now I am just looking for a few more cards!

Quote Originally Posted by delpiero1234 View Post
    Alright
    Glad to hear that you are working on a fix and that this issue does not remain unignored.
    Unlike a certain EU4 DLC...
    Sun Tzu is a cheap budget version of the amazing Sun_Wu!

Insert Custom Title Here delpiero1234's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by the cool guy View Post
    Unlike a certain EU4 DLC...
    I was honestly very (positively!) surprised that Paradox fixed the non-working republics in CK II in a matter of days - especially in comparison to the EU IV American Dream DLC.. which remainder broken for months.

+ Reply to Thread