Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
secret knowledge: Darkrenown wears a replica of Jayne's hat sometimes

images

It got too warm again :(

What happened the last 24 hours or so? The entire site was down and I wasn't able to download patches to my recently reinstalled games through the launcher. Did Mr Nibbles have an accident or something? Or was it Gars that did something funny when coding?

Is all the data in the forums, all the discussions, AARs, forum games and so on, stored in your database ? If so, how large is it ? How many gigabytes (or even terabytes ?) of information do you have there ? And what would happen if it malfunctioned beyond repair and retrieving the data ?

Last edited:
I have a question regarding main menu pictures. Since EU3 every expansion changed them, which is generally good, but not always, e.g. I liked main menu screen with Bonaparte in Napoleon's Ambition more than current picture of japanese warrior in divine wind. Same for hoi3 - I liked tiger tank in vanilla. AFAIK we can mod this, but better idea imo would be main manu with randomly selected picture. I remember that in Victoria I we had different, random loading screens and main menu screen - it was great, I liked that idea and I miss that in new games. Is it possible at all with Clausewitz engine?

Is all the data in the forums, all the discussions, AARs, forum games and so on, stored in your database ? If so, how large is it ? How many gigabytes (or even terabytes ?) of information do you have there ? And what would happen if it malfunctioned beyond repair and retrieving the data ?

I would like to know this too :)

Yeah, it's almost entirely un-readable. Yellow on white? Not good...

It is on purpose, so we don't know what BiB and Castellon do until they strike us down.

Forget what they DO, we don't even know what BiB IS!:eek:

Just a testing place holder, it will be gone very soon. No worries.

secret knowledge: Darkrenown wears a replica of Jayne's hat sometimes

images

"a man walks down the streets in that hat and you know: that man isn't afraid of anything!" :D

IMG_0166.jpg

Okay, I always seem to forget her name! (SORRY) So what is her name! And does she always wear that hat? Met her twice and both times the hat! It's a mystery!

Last edited:
That is Angry Joe and Dannie, I just left those two among others at the pub.It was niice to meet you tonight. Thanks for making it out.

Edit: to answer your question, no, there is no hidden bald spot ;)

Last edited:
That is angry Joe and Dannie, I just left those two among others at the pub.It was niice to meet you tonight. Thanks for making it out.

Thanks! Now I will hopefully remember that! And it was nice meeting you too! I hope you had a great evening!

If Paradox had to chose a game-series (e.g. Europa Universalis, Hearts of Irons, etc) of their our development to represent Paradox, which one would that be? I mean which one is closer to your heart :)