Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry for committing so many offenses! And thank you for the answer. Although, "ask almost anything" seems to cover "anything" don't you think? As i said, I am new, so I did not know that "anything" does not mean everything. Sorry again, and thank you for the answer. In both places.
Well you could argue that your question was on topic in this thread. As the title states one shouldn't post support/tech or code questions here though; I would say your question was a support question, but I guess that is open to interpretation. But don't worry about it; I just wanted to make sure you didn't post the same question in more threads, since that could get you in trouble.

In the dev teams it's mostly swedish - publishing is 55% swedish 40% english 5% klingon.

Q'apla!

/shams
Quj QujmeH rur SoH?

EDIT: laH rome 2 wIghaj DaH? :p

Thanks for your question! We are still a fairly slim organization, in particular looking at our global reach, and as such we tend to focus in the areas where most of our fans/players are based. Digital distribution has made it possible for us to be available worldwide, that's one of the reasons we've pushed so hard for it and prioritized it. However, creating distribution channels and localized versions for specific territories still requires quite a bit more resources and work for an organization like ours. Without going into too many details, those decision are made based on perceived demand, available distribution platforms and potential return of investment etc. India has not been a specific focus area for us and our sales data also indicate that the market share for us currently is very, very, very small.

Regarding marketing and allocated marketing spend, we tend to follow the same approach. Focus the majority of our efforts and budget where we know we can reach a larger # of our games/our target audience. There are variations between games and genres ofc.

Kind regards
Susana

I mainly asked as the indian specific DLC would/did pose an opportunity and a good chance to check the potentials of the indian market.
I don't know anything about indian games and the market, but i guess some historic strategy game could ´find interest there.
Among the billion of people, there might be enough who could afford the game and be interested in it.
Some cooperation with a local company could be a start, even if that is usually always complicated at first try.

Simply curious. :)
Thanks.

ck2 is my favourite game. My question is: Are you planning in the near future to fix the problem with genetics by mixed culture portraits or in some other way? My frankish king has two children with nubian women. One child has turkish portrait and another has nubian. Can I hope it will be fixed in the near future with some dlc?
This thread is for Paradox - not PDS - issues not covered elsewhere. Your pst squarely belongs in the CK2 main forum.

Thank you for advice. I thought this is the thread for asking everything, but I obviously made mistake.
Hi And firstly welcome to the forums, you are not expected to know everything off the bat, this is more like ask anything not covered by another forum or thread. :)
It would not be beneficial to anyone to have all the questions asked on the forum in this one thread.

Quj QujmeH rur SoH?

EDIT: laH rome 2 wIghaj DaH? :p

dom jot Human neH chu' jIH

Quj not chenmoH maH Hoch nI' law' popmey.

My grammar might be a bid off.

/shams

dom jot Human neH chu' jIH

Quj not chenmoH maH Hoch nI' law' popmey.

My grammar might be a bid off.

/shams

Shams is here by warned for posting in languages other than English. :p

If you want an official Klingon language forum then start a petition
Your Romulan overlords will consider it. :D

Shams is here by warned for posting in languages other than English. :p

If you want an official Klingon language forum then start a petition
Your Romulan overlords will consider it. :D

ROFL%20Fancy.gif

babyscheming.jpg

My nefarious plans are coming to fruition.

Now, where is my Bing translator?

Why have you abandoned EU:Rome franchise? Is that because you are afraid of competing with Total War: Rome 2?

top kek

Have you played EU Rome or Vae Victis? It was a mix of Vicky populations in a bad a way, pre-CK2 character play, lacking compared to EU3 politics and messier than HoI2 military warfare. It was a mix inbetween, and was not a huge financial success.
Though the state of Caesar and the map are nice. :p
But it was a critical step between CK Deus Vult and the huge hit that CK2 became.

The ancient Mediterranean setup, when it comes to economical development, population structures, advancement in technology and warfare is way too complex and simplifying it down to the level of Rome Total War 2 would be a crime.
Altogether, EU Rome was quite good, it just happened to be that EU3, HoI3 and V2 were better and more liked.

Still superior to TWR2. :cool:

Why have you abandoned EU:Rome franchise? Is that because you are afraid of competing with Total War: Rome 2?
Probably helps that there isn't all that much interest in it. In a survey I recently held in the paradoxplaza subreddit, EU: Rome 2 was the 4th most wanted game after Vic3, a Cold War gsg, and a sci-fi gsg. It only got 8% of the overall votes.

top kek

Have you played EU Rome or Vae Victis? It was a mix of Vicky populations in a bad a way, pre-CK2 character play, lacking compared to EU3 politics and messier than HoI2 military warfare. It was a mix inbetween, and was not a huge financial success.
Though the state of Caesar and the map are nice. :p
But it was a critical step between CK Deus Vult and the huge hit that CK2 became.

The ancient Mediterranean setup, when it comes to economical development, population structures, advancement in technology and warfare is way too complex and simplifying it down to the level of Rome Total War 2 would be a crime.
Altogether, EU Rome was quite good, it just happened to be that EU3, HoI3 and V2 were better and more liked.

Still superior to TWR2. :cool:

I am not interested in EU:Rome, but generally in Roman period of time. Just saying it could be Rome 2, but any other game with similar timeline would be great. I realize that other franchises are more popular, but that doesn't mean they should't try with another game about Rome. After all I find it more logical than making useless spinoffs like Sengoku or March of Eagles.

Probably helps that there isn't all that much interest in it. In a survey I recently held in the paradoxplaza subreddit, EU: Rome 2 was the 4th most wanted game after Vic3, a Cold War gsg, and a sci-fi gsg. It only got 8% of the overall votes.

Thank You for replying my question. I also agree that Victoria 3 and Cold War grand strategy are more important than Rome.
Of course I would like to see game with time period before the one in CK2.

P.S. Crusader Kings franchise gain it's popularity after the sequel (CK2).

I am not interested in EU:Rome, but generally in Roman period of time. Just saying it could be Rome 2, but any other game with similar timeline would be great. I realize that other franchises are more popular, but that doesn't mean they should't try with another game about Rome. After all I find it more logical than making useless spinoffs like Sengoku or March of Eagles.

Well the thing about Roman age is that is more or less just about Rome. Rome is the protagonist, other nations end up being side characters.
If you cannot build Roman empire, the game is unhistorical, and if you have a game with a strong Rome, other nations get pointless to play.

In Eu4 even a small Ryukuu island can conquer the world. The entire game even has the name Europa Universalis Rome. It just covers the Mediterranean area around the time of the rise of the Roman Empire. Very limited, somewhat annoying.
Paradox should focus on Grand Stategy. Not limited scenarios. They made some EU based Svea Rike game (Europa Universalis: Crown of the North) which again did not get much attention, since it was mostly about Medieval Scandinavia with severe limitations.

Again Sengoku is also quite limited. But like EU:Rome, it was a stepstone towards CK2.

We know Rome should triumph. Rome is superior. Other nations just exist to get conquered. Half of the Seleucid Empire is not on the map. Egypt is minimized. Carthago always gets trampled early. Barbarians are just annoying. Populist cannot be thrown out. :p

Victoria in ancient times would be interesting. HoI probably not. CK maybe. When the EU:R was a mix of these, it kinda came out as a inbred mutant. It was a good game, the others just happened to be better and more liked.

They will probably eventually make another game set up in ancient times. Eventually.

Have you heard of Chariots of War?

Sorry, but this sounds flawed as a measure in (at least) two respects:

1) It was done on a subreddit (I have to keep up with what else, now??), and

2) Each voter apparently got only one choice. I would LOVE to see another take on EU:Rome, but if I'm forced to choose between that and Vic3 or a Cold War game it becomes a really tough deal. If all three were actually made (by Paradox), on the other hand, my "money vote" would go to all three in a heartbeat.

We know Rome should triumph. Rome is superior. Other nations just exist to get conquered. Half of the Seleucid Empire is not on the map. Egypt is minimized. Carthago always gets trampled early. Barbarians are just annoying. Populist cannot be thrown out. :p

Victoria in ancient times would be interesting. HoI probably not. CK maybe. When the EU:R was a mix of these, it kinda came out as a inbred mutant. It was a good game, the others just happened to be better and more liked.

They will probably eventually make another game set up in ancient times. Eventually.

I think the major problem was that the political and economic systems had basically no bearing on the actual historical situation. From that point of view it was a fantasy game with cardboard characters. It didn't hit the complexities of EU3 (at the time) nor the story setting of CK.

I'd really really love to see another Rome game - done right of course. But consider my money down.