Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK, lets leave the Farm animal out of it from now on, this is a family friendly forum!

Back to your regularly scheduled program of questions for staff.

Which of the games you've made/published have you guys played the most? And, if you dare to say, how much was that game played?:p

The last time I played a Sports Management simulator was Football Manager 2 on the Amstrad 464 (it actually had a pretty good match simulator given the time), what was the last (if any) sports management sim game you played and what do you think of the genre as a whole?

What is your favorite book ? And if you can't name one, just name a few.

I do though have the feeling that you have been asked that a couple of times.

I know A Song of Ice and Fire gives Paradox devs a lot of happy thoughts :p

And now an important question: Bratwurst or Bockwurst, which makes for a better weapon?

Oh, and maybe a silly question as well: Do you still read paper newspapers?

Last edited:

Hehe, those books are becoming my favorite books as well. I thing they are beating The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, which I thing have been my favorite books up til now.

no, code is a beautiful thing, much like art or poetry (although of course not all code is :p)

Just like not all art and poetry is as well! ;)

Hehe, those books are becoming my favorite books as well. I thing they are beating The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, which I thing have been my favorite books up til now.

I find a book like The Guns of August to be my favourite book. But it is actually one I am glad there is no sequel to, if you catch my drift!

So I need to Register my copy of "EU3 Complete" that I bought in the summer of '09. I am currently, after 2 years without problems, having some technical issues with the game. Of course I can't find any of the paperwork that goes along with the game, long ago it was thrown away. Is there anyway that I could register my game without buying EU3 Complete again?

So I need to Register my copy of "EU3 Complete" that I bought in the summer of '09. I am currently, after 2 years without problems, having some technical issues with the game. Of course I can't find any of the paperwork that goes along with the game, long ago it was thrown away. Is there anyway that I could register my game without buying EU3 Complete again?
If you are on Steam, see the sticky thread on this topic at the top of the EU3 forum. If not, log a ticket at paradox.zendesk.com .

You should be able to recover your key from any digital retailer.
If not a digital copy then as Andrew points out, your best route is to go through Zendesk.
But this thread is not really for key issues, lets keep it on topic with questions for staff.

Have you guys ever fired anyone before? If so, for what if you are allowed to say.

Yes - on a few occasions. From Paradox's side it's mostly a mismatch of personal skills and role required, from employees side mostly not being comfortable with our high pace, changing environment and having so much personal responsability for individual output regardless of role. Takes a certain kind of person to enjoy/perform in that environment.

What is your favorite book ? And if you can't name one, just name a few.

I do though have the feeling that you have been asked that a couple of times.

Every book written by Terry Pratchett, Robin Hobb and Tanith Lee. I have read too many books to single out one specific, but these three are my favourite writers.

And now an important question: Bratwurst or Bockwurst, which makes for a better weapon?

Oh, and maybe a silly question as well: Do you still read paper newspapers?

Bockwurst? I have eaten Bratwurst but not Bockwurst. Bockwurst looks a bit sturdier.

Sometimes, but very seldom. I prefer to read newspapers online, it's easier and cheaper.