Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How can you possibly release so many quality games so quickly with a relatively small development team?

They skip alpha testing and leave beta testing to the public :p JJ Compared to most other publishers Paradox are relatively bug free (compared to stuff like the TW series). I'd say it has something to do with making games because they love it, rather than just for a pay-check.

They skip alpha testing and leave beta testing to the public :p JJ Compared to most other publishers Paradox are relatively bug free (compared to stuff like the TW series). I'd say it has something to do with making games because they love it, rather than just for a pay-check.

I don't know about that. We have more alpha testing then many companies that are working with tripple A titles. Honestly I am still amazed by the work progress in Paradox studio compared with other game companies. Here we have really small teams, working with a full title at much faster pace then other companies and making much more complex games. How are we doing that?

I ... Don't... Know...

Whatever it is you're doing, just keep on doing it! :)

Oh and in case you ever decide you want to go bankrupt ;-), my life-long dream game idea would be some developers to put Patrician/Port Royale mechanics into the ancient Greece times (Athenian Empire vs Sparta days of Thucydides book, Rome being still a lil' baby), make it a bit more Mount&Blade in how player can participate in the wars and big politics but focus on money-making via trade, travel and trireme naval combat.

Then when that's ready make it F2P MMO where all merchants and pirates are players who can later advance to become generals and command entire armies and fleets of city states against each other. And hope someone besides delra will want to play that. ;-)

We've always got an eye for the "old stuff" and looking for sensible way to bring them back. Which ones would you like to see?

Half Life! Its a great old game from Valve, you may have heard of it :p but they seem to have forgotten about it years ago and the series was never finished. You could probably pick up the title from them pretty cheap by now :D

Oh and in case you ever decide you want to go bankrupt ;-), my life-long dream game idea would be some developers to put Patrician/Port Royale mechanics into the ancient Greece times (Athenian Empire vs Sparta days of Thucydides book, Rome being still a lil' baby), make it a bit more Mount&Blade in how player can participate in the wars and big politics but focus on money-making via trade, travel and trireme naval combat.

Then when that's ready make it F2P MMO where all merchants and pirates are players who can later advance to become generals and command entire armies and fleets of city states against each other. And hope someone besides delra will want to play that. ;-)

Ditto! Two sure buys is enough to convince you to make it. Right?

Wait, what?

They originally planned to release Europa Universalis II for the Nintendo DS, but they eventually cancelled it. You can search google for screens, there are some. I want to know why they cancelled it (the game alone would be a reason for me to buy the DS) and how far it got into the production.

I don't know about that. We have more alpha testing then many companies that are working with tripple A titles. Honestly I am still amazed by the work progress in Paradox studio compared with other game companies. Here we have really small teams, working with a full title at much faster pace then other companies and making much more complex games. How are we doing that?

I ... Don't... Know...

****ing Magnets Paradox, how do THEY work?

This. Even a CK/CK2-M&B combo with big battles (ala Total War, except not shit) would be AMAAAAZING.

What's the geographic breakdown of posting to the forum? I assume US and western Europe makes up the vast bulk of it, but what about the rest of the world? How does Ireland figure?

Ok, this is the top five:
United States
United Kingdom
Germany
Sweden
Spain

Ireland does not appear until number 31, but on the other hand you do average a few more page views and minutes per visit. :)

Ah cool, thanks for getting the info! That's what I call efficiency... I'm surprised with Spain being top 5, if I had to guess I would have though France and Holland would be ahead of them.