Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What do you think about the Carmageddon resurrection?

Love that comic!

(also yeah xkcd is great)

xkcd rocks. I put at least one xkcd into any of my presentations :) Luckily I do statistics/economics, so there are plenty of fantastic xkcd comics to chose from. Like my personal favourite: http://xkcd.com/552/

Thanks. Now a new way to avoid actually doing something productive. ;)

Oh... should I tell you that each and every xkcd comic has a mouse-over text which is just as funny, and often even funnier than the actual comic?

I spent a full day re-reading all comics because I didn't know of the mouse-over text way back. And by now there are at least 200 more xkcd comics... :)

And as a guy who likes nerdy girls, I fully agree to my previously-linked-to xkcd comic. :)

says the guy from a country where people wear wooden shoes because they fear the polar icecaps melting and sending them below sea level
smugdog.gif

(also yeah xkcd is great)

We have been below sea level for a long long time and are doing just fine. ;)

Well, rather say you fear the sea rising over dyke level? :p

that has a very simple answer, give your enginers more money and tell them to build it bigger, most will already be dreaming about it so....

that has a very simple answer, give your enginers more money and tell them to build it bigger, most will already be dreaming about it so....

Ah! Engineers and their wet dreams...

When will Mr. Nibbles do a proper overthrow of Paradox in a true RA2-Yuri style?

...or have it already happened?

Two (unrelated) questions:

1. Why is it that in every Paradox game, the .exe is never set to use more than 2 GB of memory? Is there any reason not to set the file header to "App can handle >2gb address space"? Is there any plan to change this default setting in the future?

2. What do you consider your most successful experiment to increase user activity on this forum or Paradox's Facebook page (e.g. game icons, special avatars, tagline contests, preorder discounts)?
I hate to bump, but I am still fairly curious about the first question.

I've always pictured Paradox Studios as a "business casual" environment. Who'd be the most likely to walk in one day in a swanky suit?

I've always pictured Paradox Studios as a "business casual" environment. Who'd be the most likely to walk in one day in a swanky suit?

That depends if you mean chain mail or tux. ;)

So, after seeing two threads like it here, and reading this CK2 forum thread, I did a forum search for threads with titles including the words Thank You Paradox. 45 threads came up with the oldest one being from 2001 in the EU1 forum. Pretty cool I think!

So, to my questions:

1. Do you guys get a lot of fanmail?
2. What's the best/funniest/most rewarding thanks/praise/feedback you've gotten?

Have any of you ever asked Bjarne Stroustrup (creator of C++) what the average lifespan of a fox is?

I have.

1. When does Paradox plan to bring about EUIV - A year from now, two years away? Or is it half a dozen years away? Or are you working on it now?

2. Out of ten, how would you rate working for Paradox Interactive? :)

A couple of questions:
1) Now that June is here, will Magna Mundi the Game make it? (I never played the mod, but it looks really interesting)
2) Any hints as to what era that new game you guys are working on covers?