Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you guys ever throw parties at the office:D

[video=youtube;iIhODp6HCxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIhODp6HCxY&feature=channel_video_title[/video]
Awesome but hahaha click CC then choose Transcribe Audio xD Hahahah it is hilarious

Red Ralph Wiggums real name is apparently Red Rock Big Woman :rofl:

I totally failed on "I want to know what love is"....

It's a bit too early to comment properly on sengoku sales - but we're happy so far.

/s

The whole deep strategy thing: I really like the possible trend towards games that cover smaller geography and with more focus on characters, as Sengoku and CK2 indicates. Lots of possibilities there.

But here is an idea: how about a game about Mongols? They are the ominous threat that lurks in Crusader Kings, and they are playable in EU3 DW, with their own mechanics, but I would like to see a game where the whole focus is on being part of a nomadic horde, with a map covering central Eurasia, encompassing Russia, Mongolia, China, India, Persia...

I know Salem is in the works and I can't wait to give it a try. But have you guys put any thought into any other mmo's? I think it would be neat to have a Europa MMO time period game. I would pay to play to life of a buccaneer or a member of an imperial guard, etc.

G-Mike

I know Salem is in the works and I can't wait to give it a try. But have you guys put any thought into any other mmo's? I think it would be neat to have a Europa MMO time period game. I would pay to play to life of a buccaneer or a member of an imperial guard, etc.

G-Mike

Sure, but MMO's generally require such a huge undertaking - not necessarily from a dev standpoint - but we as an organization must be able to support a game that suddenly sprouts 50 000- 150 000 players. Baby steps is the way to go - salem will be our first true MMO.

More are in the pipeline.

/s

But here is an idea: how about a game about Mongols? They are the ominous threat that lurks in Crusader Kings, and they are playable in EU3 DW, with their own mechanics, but I would like to see a game where the whole focus is on being part of a nomadic horde, with a map covering central Eurasia, encompassing Russia, Mongolia, China, India, Persia...
Agree completely!

I've kept saying that a proper strategy game about Mongol conquests would be awesome for years now, but still no one has done it! :(

Last edited:
Sure, but MMO's generally require such a huge undertaking - not necessarily from a dev standpoint - but we as an organization must be able to support a game that suddenly sprouts 50 000- 150 000 players. Baby steps is the way to go - salem will be our first true MMO.

More are in the pipeline.

/s

Related to your "I just signed the coolest game I've ever seen!" tweet? ;)

No - but it's good none the less.

Armani suits? Everyone in the office wears t-shirts and converse sneakers. You don't get less corporate than Paradox.

Fred and I "dressed up" for this one :)

/s