Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes.

Not really the place for this discussion guys.
It should be in the forum help section or Send me a PM or e-mail.

Last edited:
Why CVLs are the only unit in HoI3 that doesn't get any doctrine upgrades? Is this an unfixed bug or a design choice?

You are surely here long enough to know this query doesn't belong here!

Title says ANYTHING. And this one really bugs the hell out of me as I play HOI3 last couple weeks. :-(

Actually it says "Almost" anything, and game specific questions and tech support have been excluded from this thread.
As there are proper forums to ask questions on those subjects.

How many times have the police brought Shams back to the offices after he escaped at night?

I grease the police, so they let me be, as long as I promise to return before sun-up.

/s

Sometimes When I Quit the game it will blue screen me and when i try to re-open it it says it encounters an error and needs to close. I have the patch Downloaded and i have the original Hearts of iron 3. Any suggestions??

It's now been a bit longer than 24hrs post-Sengoku release. Has the response been favorable for Paradox thus far? Are we on target with sales projection or is it too soon to tell?

Sometimes When I Quit the game it will blue screen me and when i try to re-open it it says it encounters an error and needs to close. I have the patch Downloaded and i have the original Hearts of iron 3. Any suggestions??

Castellon Note: Specific questions about specific games that have their own forums should be asked in those forums, This thread is for more general questions.
There's your answer

King as the devious King-Emperor-Pope, Johan as the rightful heir, Arthur as his trusty squire, Darkrenown as the Dark Knight of the realm, Kallocain as the damsel in distress that turns out to be able to fend for herself? Any more important roles I forgot?

EDIT: Shams as the herald, of course!

Captain Gars, does your username come from the disguise of Gustavus Adolphus in the wonderful alternate history book 1632? I just read it and was shocked to see your name - let alone to see him become captain general of the US!

No, it comes from the "disguise" that Gustavus Adolphus used in the wonderful reality when he traveled in Germany in the 1620's. Eric Flint may have written a wonderful book, but don't credit him with too much ;)