Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey, hur mår ni? :D
The site paradoxian.org is down!! What's happening!?!? I desperately need all the entries on EUII (I know, I know...)
That's a fan-run site and nothing to do with Paradox ...

Hey, hur mår ni? :D
The site paradoxian.org is down!! What's happening!?!? I desperately need all the entries on EUII (I know, I know...)
Seems the domain name registration expired. Nothing much that can be done about it, sadly.
We've tried to contact the owner a few times in the past, but with no success.

Seems the domain name registration expired. Nothing much that can be done about it, sadly.
We've tried to contact the owner a few times in the past, but with no success.
If it expired and was previously high ranked in Google chances are there will be set up a Chinese web shop there which might also give bad things to your computer; trying to access the site in the future might not be the smartest thing to do.

It was issues like this that made me want some official Wikis under the Paradox umbrella.
So the address I provided gives you a permanent link.

It was issues like this that made me want some official Wikis under the Paradox umbrella.
So the address I provided gives you a permanent link.
Doesn't help him much when what he wants is an EU2 wiki though, which no longer exists now that Paradoxian is no more.
However, unless someone happens to have the IP address to the server it is hosted on, assuming the hosting hasn't expired as well, there's nothing that can be done about that.
If someone does have the IP address it might be possible to export the content.

Google seems to indicate the address was 194.63.248.47 but that doesn't seem to be responding so I suspect the server hosting also expired.
Can still get some info from cached pages on google though.

Doesn't help him much when what he wants is an EU2 wiki though, which no longer exists now that Paradoxian is no more.
However, unless someone happens to have the IP address to the server it is hosted on, assuming the hosting hasn't expired as well, there's nothing that can be done about that.

Yes my point was, to prevent it going forward, obviously retroactive protection is not possible, thank-you for clarifying.

Ah okay, thanks. Do any of you know how to get in touch with the domain owner or anyone related to the site? Before the domain went down, there were no possibilities of contact on the page.

Ah okay, thanks. Do any of you know how to get in touch with the domain owner or anyone related to the site? Before the domain went down, there were no possibilities of contact on the page.
This is the userpage of rafiki who it was claimed earlier in the thread was the owner of the old wiki.
There is an email on his userpage. Though he hasn't posted since the Breivik attacks and he was last active 2 years ago.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/member.php?13767-rafiki

The user page has a hotmail adress, you could try contacting him through it, in the slim chance he still uses it.

Are you going to re-release Hearts of Iron card game?

We'd love to. We're toying with the idea - but that's as far as we've progressed. Would you like us to? If so - what would you like us to do differently?

/shams

We'd love to. We're toying with the idea - but that's as far as we've progressed. Would you like us to? If so - what would you like us to do differently?

/shams

Could it be played against AI opponents? I forget, but that would make me play more.

/shams

I'd love you did!
The game was pretty unique, no other card game with the same feel.

Look around, see what works!

AI is a good beginning, to support a inicial small comunity. Also, a better business model, no other digital card game was so pay to win as this one.

My only complain with the game was that it sometimes could drag for 2 hours.

PS: I'm currently playing War of Omens, Scrolls and Duel of Champions. You can grind the game, build a good deck without paying.
There's no way you can make a succesfull digital card game if the only option is to pay your way.