Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Would you consider releasing older PI games like Airfix Dogfighter (well, atleast I am interested only in Airfix Dogfighter!) on gamersgate/steam for digital download?

I remember playing that game circa 10 years ago, when I was visiting a cousin (amazing game!), and it came back to me ever since I joined this forum and saw people with icons for that game, but I haven't been able to find it since for a reasonable price.

When did Johan stop being a wizard in his signature?

Exactly how can people claim England is an old colonial oppressor and not Scotland??

Dunno, guess they saw Braveheart and figured that England just started out grabbing Scotland and Ireland?

Dunno, guess they saw Braveheart and figured that England just started out grabbing Scotland and Ireland?

Everyone knows that the Scots, the Welsh and the Irish gave the English the power, so they would look like the bad guys.

Dear Johan.

Let me start by saying that I own many of your games, and have been a supporter of Paradox since I found EU2 over 10 years ago. Also, when I was a purchasing agent at Microcenter, I made sure that many of your games were represented in our chain of stores.

Anyway, I had an idea when getting ready to place an order for the new CK2 expansion on Gamersgate. I noticed the only payment processing method you had for credit cards was Paypal.

I used to work for an internet based company, that had about 10 million dollars worth of sales a year, and we hated doing business with Paypal. Not only were we always being hit with charge backs, but they were expensive, and there was no one we could talk to when we had problems with payments. It was so bad, that I prefer to use any other payment processing method because of the bad blood I have for the company. I hope your experience is better, but even if it is you must admit that their merchant fees could be lower.

So, we decided to try a new payment method called Dwolla (www.dwolla.com). They charged a flat $0.25 fee per transaction that was over $10.00. It was also painless to add it as a checkout option. The checkout process with Dwolla is slightly more involved for the customer, and only a minority of customers chose that option, but we still ended up saving tens of thousands of dollars at no cost. And, we have no idea how many of those orders would not have came through if we only had paypal as an option.

I encourage you to look into adding Dwolla as a payment option for gamersgate. Also, if you would like to discuss my experience with Dwolla further I can make myself available over email, telephone, or skype.

Thank you again for helping to make so many good games.

Sincerely,
-Pddyx

You need to contact GamersGate, your issue has nothing to do with Paradox or Johan.

Hello!
Don't know if and when asked already, but I always wanted to play native versions of PDS games on Linux. I know that almost every publisher thinks that Linux gaming is something that you can only laugh about, but in fact, there is a demand. And I know that there is a percent on this forum that launches their grand strategy games with Wine.
So the question is: Will you ever release native Linux versions of your brilliant grand strategy games?

What is up with these "Guru Meditations" that happen? I've seen it happen twice so far. Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but it seems as good a place as any.

Hush! Don't say such evil things...!

Well, if I was a game company, I'd want to buy Paradox, since they basically have a complete monopoly on the world of grand strategy gaming, and they have the Platypus God buried in the caverns beneath Stockholm, waiting for the time to be right to rise, and conquer the world with the hordes of strategists his Paradoxian servants have created...

...that may have been a slight exaggeration.

Well, if I was a game company, I'd want to buy Paradox, since they basically have a complete monopoly on the world of grand strategy gaming, and they have the Platypus God buried in the caverns beneath Stockholm, waiting for the time to be right to rise, and conquer the world with the hordes of strategists his Paradoxian servants have created...
And now you're revealing the master plan!
You may receive a visit from some nice men in dark suits.

Would you consider releasing older PI games like Airfix Dogfighter (well, atleast I am interested only in Airfix Dogfighter!) on gamersgate/steam for digital download?

I remember playing that game circa 10 years ago, when I was visiting a cousin (amazing game!), and it came back to me ever since I joined this forum and saw people with icons for that game, but I haven't been able to find it since for a reasonable price.

Questions about that game comes up from time to time actually, but there is not much we can do, we don't hold the licence any more.

If Paradox was bought out by a larger company, how many of you would stay on?

Depends what company it was, and what their plans for the future would be.