Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for the thorough answer, didn't expect it haha :D

As for this. That's like 1000 game ideas a year (approx. 20x52), which might include some ideas that are pretty much the same concept so let's make that 600-700 yet only 5-8 make it. As some ideas are halted due to bad timing or financial reasons, I assume that at some point some of them may come back to you guys when the time is right or when you feel that you can now finance it and get a great return.
Has this ever occured? Say, idea comes in 2009, rejected in 2009 and 2010, then you remember it in 2014 and say this can be a good idea for 2016 or 2017 or something along these lines. Would be interesting to see if there's a game out there that has gone through this process :)

Sometimes old ideas do get revisited - but none that actually eventually saw the light of day. But "timing" can mean - "we just signed a very similar game" or "we have enough Viking games right now."

//s

There was a web site called http://www.paradoxfan.com/ it was for Turkish community to talk about paradox games.

The majorty of the forum users use that forum because their English knowlage was not enough to join talks here.I always see links from that forum to the mods here.Rıght now many Turkish paradox players are still active on many diffrent Turkish websites.So why not opening a Turkish section in languages and gather them all here and get the attention of newcomers.

Sadly pirating games is a very common thing in my nation but if you can make Turkish community stay here for talk then they will be also encouraged to buy original games aswell.

What do you guys think ?

Last edited:
For a "language" section to work, it needs to have very dedicated specific moderators who take it upon themselves to both maintain and develop the communication there, and enforce the forum rules. We have some great examples of that in the Spanish forum for instance. As far as I know we have not been approached by anyone from Turkey who would like to assume such a role but if there is interest, feel free to contact us and we can discuss further and see if such a section is possible.

Kind regards
Susana

There was a web site called http://www.paradoxfan.com/ it was for Turkish community to talk about paradox games.

The majorty of the forum users use that forum because their English knowlage was not enough to join talks here.I always see links from that forum to the mods here.Rıght now many Turkish paradox players are still active on many diffrent Turkish websites.So why not opening a Turkish section in languages and gather them all here and get the attention of newcomers.

Sadly pirating games is a very common thing in my nation but if you can make Turkish community stay here for talk then they will be also encouraged to buy original games aswell.

What do you guys think ?

I had a question about a game that is on kickstarter right now, they said they had approached several publishers(big and small) but they had no interest in the game.
The game's name is Kingdom Come: Deliverance, did they contact you or not?(if you can even say something about that) and if they did contact you, what was the reason why it wasn't accepted.

I am curious about where the US servers are based out of. To know if they are far enough apart to merit swapping to the one that's closer. I play on US west at the moment.

Edit: for Wizard Wars.

Last edited:
I am curious about where the US servers are based out of. To know if they are far enough apart to merit swapping to the one that's closer. I play on US west at the moment.

Edit: for Wizard Wars.

Hi Mittens, welcome to posting on the forums!
For game specific questions check out the Wizard Wars forum, because of the large amount of users we need to keep things organized.
That forum can be found here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?791-Magicka-Wizard-Wars

In recent years you have let indie developers to use your game engine and make games like(AOD or DH) then you published them under the name of paradox so are you going to let new developers to work with a cooperation with you again will you let us use the clausewitz engine or maybe Europe engine to develop new games?

As a small developer I will be glad that if you had some petition or basic requirements list for such cases.

Also what about the news on Turkish forum section I have contacted to forum officals and waiting for an answer.

Who will be the lead on HOI4? You know like how Doomdark is for CKII?

In recent years you have let indie developers to use your game engine and make games like(AOD or DH) then you published them under the name of paradox so are you going to let new developers to work with a cooperation with you again will you let us use the clausewitz engine or maybe Europe engine to develop new games?

As a small developer I will be glad that if you had some petition or basic requirements list for such cases.

Also what about the news on Turkish forum section I have contacted to forum officals and waiting for an answer.

This will likely not happen again for some time. Mainly due to the fact that we don't have the capacity, or are particularly interested in providing the support needed for another studio to work in Clausewitz.

My tip for any developer is to simply use Unity.

/shams

This will likely not happen again for some time. Mainly due to the fact that we don't have the capacity, or are particularly interested in providing the support needed for another studio to work in Clausewitz.

/shams

Actually I am already working with Unity but still I wanted to ask.Also you didnt answered my second question !

What about the news on Turkish forum section I have contacted to forum officals and waiting for an answer ?

/shams

This is a late reply, and will likely not be seen. But as the guy who's been the primary developer of the various fan made game converters for the last several years, I feel the need to weigh in.

+9001!

I'm a professional programmer as my main thing, and if there's anything I've learned, it's that managing and developing a projects require very different skills. Working on mods gets you practiced at developing, but it's very unlikely a mod team will grow to the point that someone gets good at managing. And without good management, a paid project will fail. It will fail badly. Volunteer projects can keep going as long as morale remains, but paid projects require money, which means schedules, milestones, etc.

I'd love to see some of the mods and mod teams made official in the future (I'm rather disappointed at what looks to be the failure of EvW). But recent history has made clear that Paradox would need to provide the day to day project management to make that happen. I look forward to the day when they can spare someone to do that, but until they can, I'd rather they spend their money on projects that will get completed. I'm glad that they're willing to be straightforward about where they stand with their support and licensing.

Last edited: