Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pandemic, where you are a virus/bacteria/parasite trying to kill all humans.

Ah, Pandemic:
madagascar.gif
I guess there's an Ipad version now?

Currently I'm also playing LA Noire (Steam sales FTW), I like it but I do want to shoot whoever decided to make cutscenes unskipable. For the love of god, let people opt to skip them when repeating a section.

Currently I'm also playing LA Noire (Steam sales FTW), I like it but I do want to shoot whoever decided to make cutscenes unskipable. For the love of god, let people opt to skip them when repeating a section.
Why do you need to skip them? Phelps is amazing when you make him look like a jerk by picking the wrong answers :) It's like reloading each time you have a bad event i EU3.

Interrogations/interviews aren't cutscenes ;) Have you never died or crashed your car and had the suspect escape? I have, and I do not want to watch the suspect doing something, have me and my partner pull up in our car, get out, shout at the perp, be delayed somehow, and run back to our car to give chase each time.

Interrogations/interviews aren't cutscenes ;) Have you never died or crashed your car and had the suspect escape? I have, and I do not want to watch the suspect doing something, have me and my partner pull up in our car, get out, shout at the perp, be delayed somehow, and run back to our car to give chase each time.

I thought you could skip all action sequences in that game.

Surely podcat must be dying to know why you cannot overload the semicolon operator in C++.

no. languages that require semi-colons are stupid

no. languages that require semi-colons are stupid

Python developer, huh?

Darkrenown, have you ever seen podcat use uppercase letters?

Try Heavy rain then, you will like it a lot. BTW if you fail, the games continues no matter what (and the end of the game changes ofc).

Heavy rain is hilarious as a Fail simulator. Clumsily smashing the plates when your wife asks you to set the table or taking 10 attempts to fix your bosses tie had me in stitches.

I'm not so terrible at LA noire to require a game that lets me play through failure though :p It's just that unskipable cutscenes are one of gaming's great crimes.

How do Paradox recognize the Evil? as in definition.

Heavy rain is hilarious as a Fail simulator. Clumsily smashing the plates when your wife asks you to set the table or taking 10 attempts to fix your bosses tie had me in stitches.

I'm not so terrible at LA noire to require a game that lets me play through failure though :p It's just that unskipable cutscenes are one of gaming's great crimes.

lol, its just a "Simon" (smash the current button) game, i didnt fail like that! n_n

No dev response to the 'a Game of Toads' concept I spent an entire 15 minutes drafting up... :mad:

351u1aq.png

I am willing to offer my excellent game-design and product marketing skills to you all, provided you pay me entirely in Pepsi Max (european variation). If you refuse, I will go to another studio, and when 'a Game of Toads' is on all the shelves Paradox will be shaking in their boots! :D

I think you should turn it into a television series and sell it to HBO, then surely there will be support for merchandise, like games, card games. And perhaps even plays on Broadway.

Have you ever written an angry email to dice asking them to delete your BF3 account thx to Premium?

I just did.
I <3 Paradox!
Plz, don't ever become like them!