+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 345 FirstFirst ... 222 247 272 297 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,440 of 6884

Thread: Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Kiwi View Post
    So that confirms Rome 2?
    Rome 2 isn't happening for many, many years.

/s
    Chun Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces!
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it.
    Chun Li: You don't remember?
    Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.

Twitter: @ShamsJorjani

Quote Originally Posted by Shams View Post
    /s
    So that does in fact confirm Rome 2, then?
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    So that does in fact confirm Rome 2, then?
    and in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    and in the near future?
    By the time scale of a paradox grand strategy game, it's practically next turn!

If you want a picture of the future, imagine an episode of Mr. Bean—forever.

There was a web site called http://www.paradoxfan.com/ it was for Turkish community to talk about paradox games.

The majorty of the forum users use that forum because their English knowlage was not enough to join talks here.I always see links from that forum to the mods here.Rıght now many Turkish paradox players are still active on many diffrent Turkish websites.So why not opening a Turkish section in languages and gather them all here and get the attention of newcomers.

Sadly pirating games is a very common thing in my nation but if you can make Turkish community stay here for talk then they will be also encouraged to buy original games aswell.

What do you guys think ?
    Last edited by fizy45; 24-01-2014 at 06:08.

High Priestess of Paradox Susana's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

For a "language" section to work, it needs to have very dedicated specific moderators who take it upon themselves to both maintain and develop the communication there, and enforce the forum rules. We have some great examples of that in the Spanish forum for instance. As far as I know we have not been approached by anyone from Turkey who would like to assume such a role but if there is interest, feel free to contact us and we can discuss further and see if such a section is possible.

Kind regards
    Susana

Quote Originally Posted by fizy45 View Post
    There was a web site called http://www.paradoxfan.com/ it was for Turkish community to talk about paradox games.

The majorty of the forum users use that forum because their English knowlage was not enough to join talks here.I always see links from that forum to the mods here.Rıght now many Turkish paradox players are still active on many diffrent Turkish websites.So why not opening a Turkish section in languages and gather them all here and get the attention of newcomers.

Sadly pirating games is a very common thing in my nation but if you can make Turkish community stay here for talk then they will be also encouraged to buy original games aswell.

What do you guys think ?

I had a question about a game that is on kickstarter right now, they said they had approached several publishers(big and small) but they had no interest in the game.
    The game's name is Kingdom Come: Deliverance, did they contact you or not?(if you can even say something about that) and if they did contact you, what was the reason why it wasn't accepted.

I am curious about where the US servers are based out of. To know if they are far enough apart to merit swapping to the one that's closer. I play on US west at the moment.

Edit: for Wizard Wars.
    Last edited by Mittens de Amor; 25-01-2014 at 00:22.

Paradox Forum Manager Administrator Castellon's Avatar
    90 games registered

200k club500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens de Amor View Post
    I am curious about where the US servers are based out of. To know if they are far enough apart to merit swapping to the one that's closer. I play on US west at the moment.

Edit: for Wizard Wars.
    Hi Mittens, welcome to posting on the forums!
    For game specific questions check out the Wizard Wars forum, because of the large amount of users we need to keep things organized.
    That forum can be found here:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ka-Wizard-Wars
    I have been dealt a good hand in life, now I am just looking for a few more cards!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    and in the near future?
    It will be made before 2020.

In recent years you have let indie developers to use your game engine and make games like(AOD or DH) then you published them under the name of paradox so are you going to let new developers to work with a cooperation with you again will you let us use the clausewitz engine or maybe Europe engine to develop new games?

As a small developer I will be glad that if you had some petition or basic requirements list for such cases.

Also what about the news on Turkish forum section I have contacted to forum officals and waiting for an answer.

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Who will be the lead on HOI4? You know like how Doomdark is for CKII?
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Quote Originally Posted by fizy45 View Post
    In recent years you have let indie developers to use your game engine and make games like(AOD or DH) then you published them under the name of paradox so are you going to let new developers to work with a cooperation with you again will you let us use the clausewitz engine or maybe Europe engine to develop new games?

As a small developer I will be glad that if you had some petition or basic requirements list for such cases.

Also what about the news on Turkish forum section I have contacted to forum officals and waiting for an answer.
    This will likely not happen again for some time. Mainly due to the fact that we don't have the capacity, or are particularly interested in providing the support needed for another studio to work in Clausewitz.

My tip for any developer is to simply use Unity.

/shams
    Chun Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces!
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it.
    Chun Li: You don't remember?
    Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.

Twitter: @ShamsJorjani

Johan's Home Account Paradox Dev Team Balor's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

This will likely not happen again for some time. Mainly due to the fact that we don't have the capacity, or are particularly interested in providing the support needed for another studio to work in Clausewitz.

/shams
    +1

Any plans to start posting mod statistics again like you used to? The last post on that that I can find was in March: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ity-March-2013
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

/shams
    Actually I am already working with Unity but still I wanted to ask.Also you didnt answered my second question !

What about the news on Turkish forum section I have contacted to forum officals and waiting for an answer ?

Quote Originally Posted by SAS View Post
    Who will be the lead on HOI4? You know like how Doomdark is for CKII?
    podcat has been the project lead for HoI4 since it started development. This is not really a PI question anyway, but a PDS one.

Keeper of the Converters Idhrendur's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

/shams
    This is a late reply, and will likely not be seen. But as the guy who's been the primary developer of the various fan made game converters for the last several years, I feel the need to weigh in.

+9001!

I'm a professional programmer as my main thing, and if there's anything I've learned, it's that managing and developing a projects require very different skills. Working on mods gets you practiced at developing, but it's very unlikely a mod team will grow to the point that someone gets good at managing. And without good management, a paid project will fail. It will fail badly. Volunteer projects can keep going as long as morale remains, but paid projects require money, which means schedules, milestones, etc.

I'd love to see some of the mods and mod teams made official in the future (I'm rather disappointed at what looks to be the failure of EvW). But recent history has made clear that Paradox would need to provide the day to day project management to make that happen. I look forward to the day when they can spare someone to do that, but until they can, I'd rather they spend their money on projects that will get completed. I'm glad that they're willing to be straightforward about where they stand with their support and licensing.
    Last edited by Idhrendur; 26-01-2014 at 09:33.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters
    Return of the Romans: A Byzantine Megacampaign (Part I) Complete Failure (Complete): Forum
    The Empire Strikes Back: A Byzantine Megacampaign: Part 1 | Part 2
    Friedrich Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party Member in the Conclave in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign by Avindian

For The Glory

Real men write their own engines. Like me.

I am also incredibly un-pragmatic.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis IV) (ongoing)
    Winner of: ACA 2014 Q2: EUIV, ACA 2014 Q1: EUIV (Split), AARtist of the Month (May 2014), Seal of Mythic Approval and having the same title as another popular AAR.
    Ulm plays Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods as Someone (finished), Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria (finished) and March of the Eagles as Russia (finished)
    Winner of: Hats.
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis III) (ended)
    Winner of: Europa Univeralis: The Musical, Cities in Motion DLC: Ulm, AARtist of the Month (June 2011), (Royal Dutch Cheese of Anti-Frognessship), (Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg), (Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness), (Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness), ACA 2010 Q4: EU Comedy, (Paradox Cookie), WritAAR of the Week (2011-01-30), "Best everything, ever" award, (Irish Shamrock Cookie) and being in this signature.
    Full list at my Inkwell

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 Complete500k club

"In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant_Hogers View Post
    I had a question about a game that is on kickstarter right now, they said they had approached several publishers(big and small) but they had no interest in the game.
    The game's name is Kingdom Come: Deliverance, did they contact you or not?(if you can even say something about that) and if they did contact you, what was the reason why it wasn't accepted.
    I'll answer this for you: No publisher is ever going to touch/fund that until its close to completion, at which point (If they ever get there, that is), the studio will rather try to self publish or something to that effect.

The studio is too small, the game is far, far too big and ambitious in its scale. The present model is their best solution. Their big rich magnate will fund their game, they do kickstarter to get some capital plus prove their patron that the game has an interest, and he'll bankroll them until he's tired or they finish the game. Publishers don't take a huge risk or almost certain losses. Everyone wins.
    "Chavez is leading his people into better future, after ages of explotation they have something to be happy about. Positive thing is also that he suport good causes all over south america and world too a sign of true greatnes." -Ivio
    "Yes, Stalin said the same thing." -Tufto

"I think I'm going insane. I can like FEEL each second and minute passing and it's making me go insane because like I could be building skills in those minutes instead of making a forum post or listening to music or g-chatting with a colleague. I can feel it in my brain and in my body. It's terrible.[...]Anyone else have this?" -EFT
    "Only when I read your posts." -trajan

+ Reply to Thread